Home Events! Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
September 22, 2024 - @310.32 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Stars Posts: 33/1k.beats ~ Boop! The forum will close in 690.beats! Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :happy: Open the all windows! Your mind needs storms and air! :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ✁ ∙ Web Crafting
| | |-+  ☔︎ ∙ I need Help!
| | | |-+  way for people to draw pictures on my website?

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: way for people to draw pictures on my website?  (Read 289 times)
glitterpigeon
Full Member ⚓︎

And there's a blue like where the urban angels go

⛺︎ My Room
iMood: glitterpigeon

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: June 20, 2024 @599.91 »

I'm not sure how to explain this idea great, but I want to have a page on my website where people can draw simple little pictures and they show up on the page? kinda like a visual/drawing guestbook I guess? is there some way to do this? or something similar?

pigeons will save the world!!!
xixxii
Full Member ⚓︎

they/them

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Web 1.0 Picture Size Expertthe xixxiiJoined 2024!
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2024 @634.53 »

hmmmm!! the souyo archive HAD a drawing guestbook thingie, but it looks like the site they were using is down now. :(
chickensmoothie (a virtual pet site) has an oekaki board and the thing they use for it is up on github, but i don't understand programming or github so i don't know how one would implement it haha.

if you do a search for "oekaki" on vhsearch you can see how other people have done it on neocities! i'm not sure if there's a term that people use for it in english.

glitterpigeon
Full Member ⚓︎

And there's a blue like where the urban angels go

⛺︎ My Room
iMood: glitterpigeon

View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2024 @973.32 »

hmmmm!! the souyo archive HAD a drawing guestbook thingie, but it looks like the site they were using is down now. :(

hmm it seems like what they were using were one of those anonymous drawing websites (of which there are many) and then possibly they were just posting what was done in there on their website? so I could do that. it's not exactly what I was thinking of, but I don't have great coding skills yet so im not sure I'll be able to make anything else. and I think it would work decently. and tbh a big part of it for me is the look of it? I want that sort of simple, low quality drawing program look, nothing too fancy or beautifully rendered or anything. i also wanted it to be less work/steps to submit the drawings than like, emailing them to me.

edit i may have been wrong. I went looking for another anonymous drawing site and am having trouble finding them. It may have been the only one :(. if anyone knows of other ones, please tell me. now, there are shared whiteboard websites, I could make one of those and then maybe screenshot the drawings on it and put them on the website? most of those in my experience only run for a set time on the free version, deleting all the drawings after the time runs out.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2024 @990.25 by glitterpigeon » Logged

pigeons will save the world!!!
larvapuppy
Full Member ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2024 @989.64 »

I remember in the early 2010s I used some kind of tool.. possibly a browser extension or something like that... called "goggles", that let you draw directly onto websites. Everyone who used the extension had the same canvas, so you could leave secret drawings for the next person with goggles to find. I can't find anything about it with a quick search except for forum posts, so maybe it's gone now, but I wonder if something else like this exists today.

the end of an era, one starts anew
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Forum feature requests and Ideas

Started by MelooonBoard ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions

Replies: 286
Views: 28805
Last post September 17, 2024 @274.87
by xixxii
xX Welcome to the Forum & Rules Xx

Replies: 0
Views: 6495
Last post November 14, 2021 @627.84
by Melooon
How to use a forum?! - A guide for those who have forgotten/never knew!

Replies: 2
Views: 3957
Last post April 22, 2023 @739.62
by Aloe

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi