Home Events! Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
October 18, 2024 - @395.17 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Stars Posts: 27/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :skull: Websites are like whispers in the night  :skull:
Halloween Topics! Gfx + Costumes, Decor + Crafts, Prep, Horror Movies, Spooky Songs! ~ E-Zine #2 is out now!

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions
| | |-+  Is there a way to immediately display topics by most recent?

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Is there a way to immediately display topics by most recent?  (Read 226 times)
Stonmann
Casual Poster

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« on: July 03, 2024 @631.52 »

Title says it all. That's usually how I view these kinda forums, and it's very annoying every time I open a genre to edit the filter.
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!a puppy for your travelsAlways My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!...
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2024 @635.42 »

Hi; maybe there is! I'm not entirely sure what you mean or what filter your editing ~ would you mind explaining it in a little more detail please ^^

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
Stonmann
Casual Poster

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2024 @646.45 »

Hi; maybe there is! I'm not entirely sure what you mean or what filter your editing ~ would you mind explaining it in a little more detail please ^^

K so I mean when you open a category it's like this by default:

The topics are displayed in order of the last post.

I want it to be displayed like this by default (if possible):

The topics are displayed in order of the most recent one made.

Does that make sense.

I hope so.

Thanks for the help  :transport:
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!a puppy for your travelsAlways My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!...
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2024 @651.34 »

Aha, I see; so the short answer is I don't think so unless you can find an option in your look and layout preferences; the easiest thing would be to create a bookmark that includes the sorting parameter and use that ^^

The longer answer is that, I would not add a feature like this because it essentially misses the point of the forum and more broadly web revival ideals  :tongue:

The goal here is to value and re-use and rework old material; including old threads! So its within the ethos of the forum to encourage people to post on older threads, and I'd actually encourage people not to create new threads unless that topic really is not anywhere else on the forum ~ so having a sorting system that favors new threads would be the opposite of that  :drat:

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
Stonmann
Casual Poster

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2024 @652.50 »

Aha, I see; so the short answer is I don't think so unless you can find an option in your look and layout preferences; the easiest thing would be to create a bookmark that includes the sorting parameter and use that ^^

The longer answer is that, I would not add a features like this because it essentially misses the point of the forum and more broadly web revival ideals  :tongue:

The goal here is to value and re-use and rework old material; including old threads! So its within the ethos of the forum to encourage people to post on older threads, and I'd actually encourage people not to create new threads unless that topic really is not anywhere else on the forum ~ so having a sorting system that favors new threads would be the opposite of that  :drat:

Oh ok. Thanks :))
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Recently I got a very old version of Game Maker (GameMaker 5)

Started by easy_breezyBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 6
Views: 1960
Last post May 05, 2022 @866.32
by Neonriser
Simple ways to create and upload a large art gallery?

Started by morrysillusionBoard ☔︎ ∙ I need Help!

Replies: 7
Views: 2044
Last post July 12, 2022 @876.92
by morrysillusion
Ways our Retro Web differs from the original Old Web

Started by MemoryBoard ☞ ∙ Life on the Web

Replies: 6
Views: 1438
Last post January 09, 2024 @773.09
by xero333

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi