Home Events! Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
October 18, 2024 - @243.85 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Stars Posts: 30/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :happy: Open the all windows! Your mind needs storms and air! :happy:
Halloween Topics! Gfx + Costumes, Decor + Crafts, Prep, Horror Movies, Spooky Songs! ~ E-Zine #2 is out now!

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ☺︎ ∙ General Interests
| | |-+  ⛺︎ ∙ Cinema
| | | |-+  Classic/popular movies you've watched for the first time recently?

« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Classic/popular movies you've watched for the first time recently?  (Read 1654 times)
wygolvillage
Sr. Member ⚓︎

meow!!!

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: wygolvillage
iMood: wygolvillage

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!melonlands goth cat!First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2024 @604.71 »

Unsure if it's a "classic" although it certainly has a place of honor in the horse girl canon, but I only saw Spirit: Stallion of the Cimmaron for the first time about a month ago. I really liked it! The animation is lovely and I like how they mostly avoided having the horses speak, apart from body language (could have done without the narrator though). The soundtrack was cheesy but I liked it, and I think the themes of freedom and anti-colonialism were very well done. Just a really good horse movie overall. I have not seen the sequel, it looks horrendous Dx

I also only saw Millennium Actress pretty recently, and that one was great as well. I liked the blending of fantasy and reality and the love story at the core of the film was a very sweet one. Very cool movie!

wangobangy
Casual Poster ⚓︎

vampires, please give me a chance

⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: wangobangy

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2024 @710.27 »

currently working through the lord of the rings movies (:

I haven't seen Lord of the Rings since I was small and I've been dying to rewatch them again soon. It's been so long it might as well be my first time watching them. I really love the way those movies were made and I love Peter Jackson's stuff, so I hope I like them as an adult.

Memory
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2024 @980.34 »

currently working through the lord of the rings movies (:
i've watched fellowship and two towers so far (extended cuts) and i'll probably watch return of the king tomorrow. i'm enjoying it although i'm normally not huge on fantasy settings

I haven't seen those since I was 8! I should probably rewatch them :ozwomp:
PurpleHello98
Full Member ⚓︎

'Cause I'm your girl, hold me baby <3

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: purplehello98

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2024 @2.29 »

Speaking of Lord of the Rings, I just watched those movies for the first time recently! I had made it most of the way through the theatrical versions before with my best friend, but we never finished. However, we ended up going with my mother to see the extended versions in theatres recently! I loved the movies (and also fell in love with Legolas :loved: )---they were absolutely splendid and very moving. Peter Jackson did a wonderful job---for most of Return to the King I was literally on the edge of my seat.

"...And we are not angels, to be comforted by seeing the means for which everything is sent."
-Elizabeth Gaskell, Wives and Daughters

stanzalune
Casual Poster ⚓︎

they/them

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2024 @31.92 »

i finally watched the truman show for the first time! i knew the twist from pop cultural osomosis and all that, but it was still an absolute rollercoaster from start to finish.

neocities
a laugh can be a very powerful thing. why, sometimes, it's the only weapon we have.

candycanearter07
Full Member ⚓︎

i like slimes

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: candycanearter
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Suck At Something September - Did It!uh oh! a pigeon got in!Artsy Candy CaneJoined 2024!
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2024 @118.80 »

I haven't seen Lord of the Rings since I was small and I've been dying to rewatch them again soon. It's been so long it might as well be my first time watching them. I really love the way those movies were made and I love Peter Jackson's stuff, so I hope I like them as an adult.

I've only watched the Hobbit since I watched it in school once.. but LotR is on my list!

Most of the "cutural classics" I haven't watched or like watched recently, stuff like Star Wars or Back to the Future or the Princess Bride (second favorite movie) or Scott Pilgrim (first favorite movie)

The most recent one was the 1990's Clue movie, and dang does it still hold up! I absolutely love the last line of the "true ending" version because it almost feels like one of those memes, he's like "it was me, in the cellar, with the pipe" (i dont remember the actual location/item) and its so good aaa

new to oldnet be nice

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Forum feature requests and Ideas

Started by MelooonBoard ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions

Replies: 287
Views: 29361
Last post October 09, 2024 @729.26
by TheFrugalGamer
xX Welcome to the Forum & Rules Xx

Replies: 0
Views: 6641
Last post November 14, 2021 @627.84
by Melooon
How to use a forum?! - A guide for those who have forgotten/never knew!

Replies: 2
Views: 4053
Last post April 22, 2023 @739.62
by Aloe

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi