Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 04 Oct 2026 - @617.58
Forum Activity: Four Stars ~ Boop! The forum will close in 383.beats! Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: :wizard: You can make anything on the web! :wizard: Guild Events: TIME FOR HALLOWEEN CRAFTS!
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Earth & Interests
| |-+  ⚚ ∙ Life on Earth!
| | |-+  The Winnipeg human rights museum


« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print Embed
Author Topic: The Winnipeg human rights museum  (Read 949 times)
PossiblyAxolotl
Jr. Member ⚓︎
**
View Profile WWWArt


I make things :) they/she
⛺︎ My Room
Itch.io: My Games
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Possibly An Axolotl. Perhaps. Maybe. It Is A Mystery.Joined 2024!
« on: Winter, 03 Dec 2024 @243 » Embed

I went to the human rights museum in Winnipeg and I thought it was really cool, so I wanted to share some images with you all :3

Can't post too many photos due to limitations, perhaps in the future I'll upload to my site and embed from there rather than adding them as attachments, but it's all a learning experience.

The museum was super cool, sadly I could only spend so much time but they had a room of cubicle-sized boxes featuring different violations of human rights and the way people stood up against it and a lot of really cool information all over the place, and the architecture was amazing (some people in my group who are really into that didn't even read much of the text cause they were too busy looking at the weird glowy bridges between areas lol)

Anyway if you're in the area you should totally go, they gave me a free booklet of the Canadian charter of rights and freedoms which I thought was funny to receive as a souvenir



* IMG_6857.JPG (62.79 kB, 533x400 - viewed 70 times.)

* IMG_6889.JPG (56.75 kB, 533x400 - viewed 54 times.)

* IMG_6890.JPG (64.94 kB, 533x400 - viewed 63 times.)

* IMG_6921.JPG (42.1 kB, 533x400 - viewed 67 times.)
Logged

https://possiblyaxolotl.com/what/images/penguinDanceCLR.gif
Schmoovin'
https://possiblyaxolotl.com/images/88x31/88x31.png https://i-eat.rocks/images/ui/ieatrocks.png
AVQ
Newbie ⚓︎
*
View Profile WWW


⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
Joined 2024!
« Reply #1 on: Winter, 03 Dec 2024 @952 » Toggle Font Embed

Wow that architecture is absurdly cool!!! Nothing quite like spending a day exploring a museum like that, it's always such an engrossing way to learn about history. A local museum had a great exhibit on Japanese internment camps during WWII, and seeing the physical displays in person really puts it into perspective a lot more than just reading about it and seeing numbers can - it really stuck with me. I definitely want to visit now!

Logged

https://avq.neocities.org/assets/AVQ88x31.gif
Pages: [1] Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Explore Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe