Home Events! Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
October 18, 2024 - @307.75 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Stars Posts: 27/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :dive: Are u having fun?? :dive:
Halloween Topics! Gfx + Costumes, Decor + Crafts, Prep, Horror Movies, Spooky Songs! ~ E-Zine #2 is out now!

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ⚚ ∙ Life on Earth!
| | |-+  Calling all canucks! What is everyone doing for Thanksgiving?

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Calling all canucks! What is everyone doing for Thanksgiving?  (Read 73 times)
Emmy02
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Hi! Make sure you drink water today!

⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!

View Profile WWW

Emmy AwardJoined 2024!
« on: October 11, 2024 @741.59 »

Thanksgiving is sneaking up on my family like a lion on a gazelle, we might do chicken instead of turkey, depending on what my mom feels like doing.

I sill be helping prepare the desserts and stuffing regardless, I think I'll try getting ambitious and do a layered jello since my papa loves jello.

We're probably gonna be talking about the election and the royal family, since my mom likes talking about the royal family. I think the aftermath of hurricane milton will be another hot topic. I don't want to get too deep into political discussion though.

What are you other Canadians planning on doing for Thanksgiving? Does anyone here do unique dishes or traditions? Tell me everything!  :chef:

MrsMoe
Full Member ⚓︎

Your friendly neighborhood living dead girl

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2024 @313.11 »

We don't really do TOO much for Thanksgiving in my family. We do the whole huge dinner with family and everything, ofc, but we don't really go out at all.

We DO get pumpkin pie every year though! I'm really excited for that!  :ozwomp:

glitterpigeon
Full Member ⚓︎

And there's a blue like where the urban angels go

⛺︎ My Room
iMood: glitterpigeon

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2024 @329.05 »

I don't really celebrate thanksgiving (idk I just don't like it. it feels like a weird holiday to me, and not particularly meaningful to me. and due to autism/weird family stuff, I hate eating a meal with my family. especially my parents, family-oriented holidays always seem to end in an argument for them. no hate if you do celebrate it, I don't think you are a bad person for it or anything, it just feels to me like a holiday I'm not sure should really exist?). however, I do usually get a pumpkin pie, because I like pie, and it seems like a good way to welcome my favourite season in. I should get a pie for every season..... if you have any seasonal pie suggestions please give. it's hard cause that's only 4 pies, which is not enough.

my also non-celebrating friend and I will be taking advantage of getting work off all day to go on a walk in the park :> we live far apart so usually try to meet somewhere in the middle instead of going closer to one or the other so it's easiest for both of us! I'm always so excited to see him. we will likely talk about plants, my school, whatever he's been up to this week, possibly poetry? and then I'll go home and eat my normal dinner of lots of beans or perhaps pasta.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2024 @333.41 by glitterpigeon » Logged

pigeons will save the world!!!
(pigeon gif by
candycanearter07)
MrsMoe
Full Member ⚓︎

Your friendly neighborhood living dead girl

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2024 @251.38 »

THEY WERE OUT OF PUMPKIN PIE ALL OVER TOWN

THANKSGIVING WAS RUINED

(it was really nice actually I'm joking)

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!a puppy for your travelsAlways My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!...
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2024 @505.02 »

I don’t celebrate Thanksgiving, but I do love making pumpkin pie! It’s not normally a thing people do here; but I like to collect all the pumpkin bits from Halloween pumpkin carving; then I bake them into mush and mix up a pie filling ~ it’s one of the little highlights of the year  :ozwomp:

There’s a nice recipe on the Townsends cooking channel!

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Forum feature requests and Ideas

Started by MelooonBoard ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions

Replies: 287
Views: 29368
Last post October 09, 2024 @729.26
by TheFrugalGamer
xX Welcome to the Forum & Rules Xx

Replies: 0
Views: 6647
Last post November 14, 2021 @627.84
by Melooon
How to use a forum?! - A guide for those who have forgotten/never knew!

Replies: 2
Views: 4056
Last post April 22, 2023 @739.62
by Aloe

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi