Home Events! Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
October 25, 2024 - @601.88 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Stars Posts: 25/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ha: :pc: Hello Melonland! :pc: :happy:
Halloween Topics! Gfx + Costumes, Decor + Crafts, Prep, Horror Movies, Spooky Songs! ~ E-Zine #2 is out now!

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ☺︎ ∙ General Interests
| | |-+  Anxiety about Pokémon leak

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Anxiety about Pokémon leak  (Read 63 times)
DiffydaDude
Sr. Member ⚓︎

I FOUND A PONEH

⛺︎ My Room
Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

Wishing you Happy Times when you're online!Bred :320% coolerFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: October 15, 2024 @899.88 »

I think id like to rename this thread to "diffys thread for when hes feeling stressed and needs help"
anyways i have a problem. its about the pokemon gigaleak, and i have 2 things on my mind that are stressing me out.
1. the sheer amount of stuff in the leak. being foretold this much stuff is making me anxious just from the huge mass of information thats hard for me to comprehend, and also because i feel like i never was supposed to know this ever and wouldve been better off not knowing.
2. im worried that people are gonna make fun of me because typhlosion is one of my favorite pokemon and im worried that ill never be able to bring him up without people bringing up the typhlosion story leak. i dont even know if its canon or not, i just dont wanna be dawged on all day or worse just for liking typhlosion  :sad: 
is there anything i should do?
ps. if i ever bring up typhlosion, please do not bring up that whole typhlosion story thing, i probably couldnt stand people always bringing it up. THX i hope its not stupid to set a boundary for myself for something as dumb as this.  :ohdear:
pps, should this be a seperate topic?

⚑ Moderators Note ⚑
It should be a separate topic indeed! Please don't create aggregation-threads for yourself, other than to showcase art that you made. Feel free to delete this note and/or to rename the topic.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2024 @874.95 by ThunderPerfectWitchcraft » Logged

Slix
Casual Poster ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

#1 Poliwag Fan !poliwag masterJoined 2024!
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2024 @917.42 »

I think id like to rename this thread to "diffys thread for when hes feeling stressed and needs help"
anyways i have a problem. its about the pokemon gigaleak, and i have 2 things on my mind that are stressing me out.
1. the sheer amount of stuff in the leak. being foretold this much stuff is making me anxious just from the huge mass of information thats hard for me to comprehend, and also because i feel like i never was supposed to know this ever and wouldve been better off not knowing.
2. im worried that people are gonna make fun of me because typhlosion is one of my favorite pokemon and im worried that ill never be able to bring him up without people bringing up the typhlosion story leak. i dont even know if its canon or not, i just dont wanna be dawged on all day or worse just for liking typhlosion  :sad: 
ps. if i ever bring up typhlosion, please do not bring up that whole typhlosion story thing, i probably couldnt stand people always bringing it up. THX i hope its not stupid to set a boundary for myself for something as dumb as this.  :ohdear:
pps, should this be a seperate topic?

I have heard a lot about this leak too, and the best thing to remember, especially if it's overwhelming you with the amount of stuff in it is that you don't have to read, look at, or dig into any of it. It's not canon, because Game Freak didn't officially release it. It was stolen from their archives, and they didn't want anyone to see it. Take a step back and remember that artists, developers, and anyone else in a professional work, often do things as samples or tests, or just for fun for themselves, but that doesn't mean it's meant to be shared.

Honestly, I think leaks in general are pretty awful because it ruins the fun of discovering stuff for ourselves when the time is right, when the company wants us to finally, and how they want to share it.

And to your question about Typhlosion, it's a pretty cool Pokemon, and Cyndaquil is one of my favorites, so I think you're ok. :)

arcus
Jr. Member ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: arcus
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2024 @286.35 »

If you're interested in the leak, you're better off checking the Cutting Room Floor and waiting for translations instead. There's too many fake leaks and mistranslations floating around.

It's best to avoid places where people are talking about it until it blows over. It's actually based off a folktale, and the main issue people have with it is a mistranslation.

ThunderPerfectWitchcraft
Sr. Member ⚓︎

Here be dragons

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2024 @883.33 »

Sounds for me like you are taking Pokémon a bit too serious. It's a franchise, owned by some megalomaniac company, and might be directed into a direction you dislike at any time. Every Star Wars fan might sing you a song about it ;).

If you like something about it, enjoy it - if something about it stresses or annoys you, just ignore it. Invent your own version, if it makes you happy - it is just as good as any official version. Don't give these entertainment operators so much power about your feelings and your creativity.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

If you had a Pokemon type...

Started by NeonriserBoard ⛺︎ ∙ Cinema

Replies: 38
Views: 5079
Last post December 05, 2023 @137.31
by Fish
What would your life look like in the Pokemon universe?

Started by TAS_1KBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 18
Views: 2709
Last post August 09, 2024 @636.71
by Nikodile
If pokemon were real, which would be your main partner?

Started by MemoryBoard ⛺︎ ∙ Cinema

Replies: 16
Views: 2337
Last post February 17, 2023 @816.55
by levya

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi