Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 04 Oct 2026 - @651.06
Forum Activity: Four Stars ~ Boop! The forum will close in 349.beats! Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: :sleep: These are fast times on the World Wide Web~ Guild Events: TIME FOR HALLOWEEN CRAFTS!
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Earth & Interests
| |-+  ⚚ ∙ Life on Earth!
| | |-+  Oversaturation of choice sucks.


« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print Embed
Author Topic: Oversaturation of choice sucks.  (Read 5161 times)
Inlusione
Casual Poster
*
View Profile


⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
Great Posts PacmanFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #15 on: Autumn, 13 Oct 2024 @643 » Embed

There's also an issue connected to how interested or passionate you are about a particular theme right then. For example, if you want to randomly find something without searching for specifics (at least genres, themes, characters, actors), the abundance of choices will definitely be paralysing. Personally, I stayed away from any FromSoftware games and other soulslikes until recently, but as I found myself getting bored of all the games I was starting and giving up on them so easily, I thought I should at least give "that genre" one more chance before moving on completely. Dark Souls I resonated with me at that time so much that I just found myself being completely immersed in that world - I couldn't believe it. I stopped caring about being commited to only one game, thinking about missing out other games and media, getting easily distracted and alt-tabbing nonstop out of the games I was playing and I think if one game can do that to me, it can happen to anybody regarding any type of media, we just have to find that "gem" that will keep us constantly hooked. I think that, maybe subconsciously, we're always interested in something in particular but we might just neglect it, finding it not beneficial to ourselves and trying to search for something that might sound better even if that'd mean to never get into that "state of mind/flow" that I felt playing the game after so many days of being in a slump.

« Last Edit: Autumn, 13 Oct 2024 @646 by Inlusione » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Explore Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe