Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 02 Oct 2026 - @836.54
Forum Activity: Four Stars Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: inconvenience is counterculture :eyes: Guild Events: Halloween Watch-a-thon
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Communities & Online Life
| |-+  ☮︎ ∙ Jams, Communities & Webrings
| | |-+  Book PenPal Exchange


« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print Embed
Author Topic: Book PenPal Exchange  (Read 6754 times)
clownlesbian
Casual Poster ⚓︎
*
View Profile WWW


meow meow meow meow meowww
⛺︎ My Room
iMood: clownlesbian

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Joined 2024!
« Reply #15 on: Autumn, 16 Oct 2024 @967 » Embed

Hellooooo
I hope most of the ppl who are interested in joining have notifs on for this board. I just wanted to say sorry for being a little MIA for these past couple days. I had my fall break and went on a trip with my partner so i was away from my laptop for awhile. I am back now. I just wanted to update to say mainly:

My goal is for the book club to begin in November. I hope to have a schedule made, information about the first book, some links to buy/borrow/download, and information about how conversations will be fascilitated

I think I saw some concern about how interactions will be organized. I did make the website and hope to create a page where we can chat. I don't want to spread us across too many platforms just so we don't start leaving ppl out. so I think I am going to limit it to two or three. If the website is one, maybe melonland is 2 and discord is 3. or discord is 2 and some other platform yall suggest is 3. This is up in the air currently but i just wanted to put it out there that im gonna try my best to have options for everyone without spreading us too thin across many platforms.

i appreciate all your guy's interest! and like i said i hope to have stuff sorted out this weekend so i can give yall some time to prepare for the reading to begin in november.

hope yall had a good weekend :)!

Logged

meow meow meow
ronan789adams@gmail.com
my website
clownlesbian
Casual Poster ⚓︎
*
View Profile WWW


meow meow meow meow meowww
⛺︎ My Room
iMood: clownlesbian

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Joined 2024!
« Reply #16 on: Autumn, 20 Oct 2024 @927 » Embed

Helloooo
Here is the promised update. If you go onto the website for the bookclub now you should see a calendar and a chat box. It is a very simple chat box, but I thought as we read people can leave comments. I am trying to think of a solution for having that interactive element of annotating. I was thinking of something like evernote but I have to do more research to make sure it is not paid in any way.

I do
of the book if anyone has issues with accessing it.

The reading will start in November. The Faggots and Their Friends Between Revolutions is a fairly short book (114 pages) and is split in two parts. Part one is 48 pages, and I expect us to be finished with that November 16th. We will then reserve the rest of the month for the second half of the book. I will try and post and get conversation going here and on the website. Participate in any way you would like but it would be nice to get to know each other a little better so that hopefully eventually we can do physical exchanged for those interested.

I am also taking note of your ideas for future books. send any more suggestions my way, though I have a ton of ideas as well lol.


thanks for all your interest and looking forward to chatting with yall  :unite:

Logged

meow meow meow
ronan789adams@gmail.com
my website
Pages: 1 [2] Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Explore Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe