Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 07 Oct 2026 - @262.56
Forum Activity: Four Stars Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: :ha: :pc: Hello Melonland! :pc: :happy: Guild Events: MelonLand's Seasonal RPG Jam
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Moon Park
| |-+  ☑︎ ∙ Greetings & News
| | |-+  ❤︎ ∙ (Archive) Greetings
| | | |-+  Intro Post for another oldbie~


« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print Embed
Author Topic: Intro Post for another oldbie~  (Read 646 times)
Tehrinny
Newbie ⚓︎
*
View Profile WWW


⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
gURL OG webcrafting !Joined 2025!
« on: Winter, 11 Feb 2025 @794 » Embed

Hi there everyone! I'm Tehrinny!

I started making websites back in 1997 when I was in high school, starting with little personal sites on Geocities and gURLpages (which was a teen girl e-zine advertised in Delia's catalogs lol). I moved on to domains and all that stuff in 2002 when I bought my first domain. I was really active in the online "webcrafting" scene from 2000-2012, but took a bit of a hiatus from 2012-2017. I put my old character shrines from the mid 2000's online, and kept them up. But honestly, I haven't done much with webcrafting, personal sites, or "webdesign" as a hobby since then. There wasn't really an audience and my list of links was always shrinking due to people leaving. ;_;

Then I discovered the small web / indie web and the resurgance of just making your own spaces online. I decided to get back into it again in an attempt to help preserve what used to be, but also make it anew!

My current sites are:
Mintiness - my personal and art site, with an archive of pixels, plus new pixel things I make
Quicksilver - My character shrines. I feel these are different than the modern idea of what a shrine is (from what I see, correct me if I'm wrong n-n;). But it's a very detailed website about a character or topic, at least that's what they were back in my day *waves cane*

I miss having personal spaces online to create and share my creations. Social media never cut it for me, and I'm so happy to see this making a comeback. I hope it stays.

My other interests include: Japanese street fashion, doll collecting, vintage girls toys from 80's and 90's, drawing, writing, D&D, and sandbox style games. :3

Nice to meet everyone!

Logged

Kalka
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWWArt


Go to the tanterwomps for they are lost in time
⛺︎ My Room
XMPP: Chat!

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Cube StoneMurbyGreat Posts PacmanGiver of Many Welcomes!Joined 2024!
« Reply #1 on: Winter, 15 Feb 2025 @796 » Toggle Font Embed

Hello Tehrinny, and welcome to the Melonland Forum https://i.postimg.cc/RhYCTM4z/point-exclamation-double.gif

Judging by the infos I see here we're probably around the same age or near. I was doing a crappy website on Lycos and searching stuff on Altavista at the time https://i.postimg.cc/ncSH3Wrc/loupe-brillante.gif Then I moved onto MMORPGs and stopped doing anything for a while.

When I stopped World of Warcraft I went back to comic-books but struggled a lot to make something. I always felt forced/obligated to be bankable, to put ads to "earn money while talking about my hobby". Then I gave up around mid-2020, thinking that it wasn't for me https://i.postimg.cc/L6ZKRvHv/tourbillon-rouge.gif

Then I discovered NeoCities and it's been a blast since. Joining this forum is perhaps the best thing I've done after moving from GAFAM. I'm currently trying to stop Reddit, it's very difficult but I'm making progress, step by step !

Your websites are awesome, I love mintiness the most but it's biased because I love pixel art https://i.postimg.cc/Bbqqz92t/crayon-paillettes.gif

What kind of dolls do you collect ? Regular dolls like OMG/Barbie/etc or is it more ball-jointed dolls ? https://i.postimg.cc/qMPFLj4j/ruban-violet-brillant.gif

Logged

http://internetometer.com/image/51289.png
villain
Full Member ⚓︎
***
View Profile WWW


it/he/they
⛺︎ My Room

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Great Posts PacmanYellowest Scot AwardJoined 2024!
« Reply #2 on: Winter, 19 Feb 2025 @651 » Toggle Font Embed

Hello!! I love that you've kept even your oldest shrines available online - I think a lot of people get tempted to throw anything old out, but they all have so much information on them!
You mentioned 80s girls toys, do you like Jem? I don't collect the dolls or anything but I really enjoyed the tv series!

Logged

https://tackyvillain.neocities.org/images/buttons/my_buttons/tackyvillain_web_button.png https://tackyvillain.neocities.org/images/buttons/my_buttons/photonstream_button.png
Pages: [1] Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Explore Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe