Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 01 Oct 2026 - @231.20
Forum Activity: Five Stars Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: There's a great big indie web tomorrow! :smile: Guild Events: 14: animals
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Art & Writing
| |-+  ✑ ∙ Books & Stationery
| | |-+  Dracula Daily!


« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print Embed
Author Topic: Dracula Daily!  (Read 2728 times)
ABlueRose
Full Member ⚓︎
***
View Profile WWW


chaunacops!!!
⛺︎ My Room
Itch.io: My Games

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!A Blue FlowerJoined 2025!
« on: Spring, 03 May 2025 @867 » Toggle Font Embed

If you haven't heard: the original Dracula novel, by Bram Stoker, can be read in real-time over the course of several months, from a newsletter called Dracula Daily! The entire novel is written from the character's diary entries, and newspaper clippings. So everything is dated, and starting May 3rd (Today!!) you can experience the story of Dracula! It's like a big book club on the internet, with tons of memes and commentary to be found :)

I've started it the past few years, but I will admit I've gotten overwhelmed towards the end every time, and never made it >.> I want to try to make it to the end this year though! It's so much fun, and I thought maybe if anyone else wants to read it too and discuss it, we could use this thread!

You can sign up for it at DraculaDaily.com, or you can listen to an audio version of Dracula Daily with Re: Dracula

Logged

http://dl5.glitter-graphics.net/pub/1401/1401785hdot6n2ft1.gifhttp://dl10.glitter-graphics.net/pub/760/760510x08kzkxcu1.gifhttp://dl.glitter-graphics.net/pub/974/974351t9iy67l9g0.gifhttp://dl10.glitter-graphics.net/pub/485/485100pcc1kskzgw.gifhttp://dl4.glitter-graphics.net/pub/1542/1542934cmkgjrchf0.gif

haumeaGeth
Full Member ⚓︎
***
View Profile WWW


I'm hungry, can we go get pho?
⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: stupidwittlebaby
XMPP: Chat!
iMood: batbrainbat

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Help, my tail is stuck!Your Horror (from that forum gift game)A Jiggly Egg !Joined 2025!
« Reply #1 on: Spring, 03 May 2025 @920 » Embed

Oh wow, how neat!! I'm so in. I love subscribing to actually cool newsletters, and now I get to read more while I'm at it :evil:

Logged

https://i.imgur.com/qACsvNS.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/pAONOEc.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/fdUVIfW.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/ZCtHkwl.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/ypcKWM0.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/oRkijoy.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/GdVZ87H.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/k9Rf9aq.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/1fpzX0w.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/8w07QtP.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/YMPbu9R.png

Artifact Swap: Polyamorousstotal misplayGlam Metal DoraBlue Fishbitsy catKickboardPurple TamaNOTchi
shapezncolourz
Full Member ⚓︎
***
View Profile WWW


trying my best to keep it silly :3
⛺︎ My Room

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Joined 2024!
« Reply #2 on: Spring, 03 May 2025 @928 » Toggle Font Embed

i keep forgetting about dracula daily!! signed up, hopefully itll help me get back into reading :3

Logged
PALEOKNIGHT
Jr. Member ⚓︎
**
View Profile WWWArt


I can eat glass, it does not hurt me.
⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
Joined 2025!
« Reply #3 on: Spring, 04 May 2025 @056 » Toggle Font Embed

 Cool!! I'm actually reading it now, but I'm not following the dates. I'll leave that to a re-read maybe? But it's a nice reminder, so I can force invite my friend read it too  :innocent:
 I have to say though, the book is actually really funny at some moments, now that it's public knowledge on who Dracula is lol

Logged

:innocent: click this if you like aliens -> https://neocities.corru.observer/8831.gif
_ghost_
Full Member ⚓︎
***
View Profile WWW


⛺︎ My Room

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Cheese wheel. +5 writing inspirationMelonland's Local Ghost !Joined 2025!
« Reply #4 on: Spring, 04 May 2025 @157 » Toggle Font Embed

I love Dracula Daily! I've only managed to actually complete it once, the first time, and I was horribly behind by the end and didn't actually read the end in real time. The past two years I've fallen off halfway through. This year I think I'm going to try and listen to the Re: Dracula podcast instead, since I've never listened to it and it has some voice actors I'm fans of (primarily the ones who were in The Magnus Archives). I know the people behind the podcast are also currently doing an adaption of Carmilla, which is a favorite book of mine, so I'll have to check that out at some point.

I also should probably read Dracula in the original format at some point, since Dracula Daily actually is a reshuffling of the chapters, which aren't originally in chronological order. But that will be a project for another time.

For anyone looking for more Dracula content, I also recommend the podcast Dracula: The Danse Macabre, which is written by the creator of Wolf 359. It's a two person miniseries (four episodes) that starts as a very straight-forward adaption that then starts introducing a few twists. It's scary, it's sad, the sound design and voice acting are great, and it's short. 10/10.

Logged
ABlueRose
Full Member ⚓︎
***
View Profile WWW


chaunacops!!!
⛺︎ My Room
Itch.io: My Games

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!A Blue FlowerJoined 2025!
« Reply #5 on: Spring, 13 May 2025 @170 » Toggle Font Embed

Some people have started doing temperature blanket's/scarfs but in the style of Dracula daily, and I love it!!
Basically you knit or crochet a row each day there's a new entry, and you assign different colors for different characters. Here's mine so far!
https://64.media.tumblr.com/bd8e84ec68f4723b5e380881fe59c3e9/aec84a4ba300fcbc-9b/s540x810/d75fd4f057cf582dce24be810c9bb01902dfc807.jpg

Logged

http://dl5.glitter-graphics.net/pub/1401/1401785hdot6n2ft1.gifhttp://dl10.glitter-graphics.net/pub/760/760510x08kzkxcu1.gifhttp://dl.glitter-graphics.net/pub/974/974351t9iy67l9g0.gifhttp://dl10.glitter-graphics.net/pub/485/485100pcc1kskzgw.gifhttp://dl4.glitter-graphics.net/pub/1542/1542934cmkgjrchf0.gif

_ghost_
Full Member ⚓︎
***
View Profile WWW


⛺︎ My Room

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Cheese wheel. +5 writing inspirationMelonland's Local Ghost !Joined 2025!
« Reply #6 on: Spring, 13 May 2025 @193 » Toggle Font Embed

Some people have started doing temperature blanket's/scarfs but in the style of Dracula daily, and I love it!!
Basically you knit or crochet a row each day there's a new entry, and you assign different colors for different characters. Here's mine so far!
https://64.media.tumblr.com/bd8e84ec68f4723b5e380881fe59c3e9/aec84a4ba300fcbc-9b/s540x810/d75fd4f057cf582dce24be810c9bb01902dfc807.jpg

This is so cute! I hadn't seen people doing this, and I've ended up behind this year, but maybe I'll have to do this at some point!

Logged
Pages: [1] Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Explore Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe