Home Events! Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
September 08, 2024 - @90.58 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Two Stars Posts: 20/1k.beats ~ Boop! The forum will close in 910.beats! Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :happy: Open the all windows! Your mind needs storms and air! :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ☺︎ ∙ General Interests
| | |-+  © ∙ Music Room
| | | |-+  your first album

« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: your first album  (Read 2995 times)
Audball
Casual Poster ⚓︎

WOE BE TO THOSE WHO SEE!!!

⛺︎ My Room
iMood: audball

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2024 @697.64 »

I was late to the party when it comes to buying music for myself.  :ohdear: Was almost out of high-school entirely. Before that I'd just wait for gift-giving holidays and put albums I wanted on my lists.

The first album I remember buying for myself was The Lonesome Crowded West by Modest Mouse on CD!

Back in high-school there was a locally owned music shop within walking distance of my house. Me and my best friend at the time both lived on the same street, so we'd walk up there and browse, and one day I saw this album and decided to pick it up since I (finally) had some spending money!

Before this album my experience with Modest Mouse was basically their "newer" stuff (though nowadays even that is considered old I think :ohdear: ), like the album We Were Dead Before The Ship Even Sank, which sounds a lot different from The Lonesome Crowded West. This album sounds a lot more rough around the edges (by design not necessarily a drop in quality) compared to their newer stuff. Also their newer stuff has a bit of a....nautical tinge to it? that is absent from TLCW.

A GREAT album, still my favorite from them to this day.

"Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt." ~Kurt Vonnegut Jr., Slaughterhouse Five
Eunice
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Behind every great woman there is a cat.

⛺︎ My Room
iMood: Serennau

View Profile WWW

The Wise OneJoined 2024!
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2024 @836.52 »

My first album, or LP, was "Portrait of Donny". Donny Osmond of course. I actually wanted a T-Rex album or something with David Cassidy. But my mother said I had to buy one that my sister could listen to, and she didn't approve of T-Rex. sigh. That was 1972, so I would be 11 at the time.
greyskieshappymind
Casual Poster ⚓︎

✩₊˚.⋆her⋆⁺₊✧

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Lego Bionicle !Joined 2024!
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2024 @493.13 »

It was 2014 and I was content with listening to dubstep in a YouTube window, but I did get a JB Hi-Fi giftcard for my birthday. There's not a lot you can get there with just $20 so by process of elimination I decided I wanted a CD and looked up all of my favourite artists that I had discovered through DubstepGutter, but none of them had CDs. Except for the Bangarang EP by Skrillex. So I went with my dad and bought it along with the 2010 Alien vs Predator pc game. Which I still haven't played...

Anyways my fave track is Kyoto feat. SIRAH

"You're limiting the universe to only things humans can understand."
"Well you're limiting the universe by limiting the possibility of human understanding."
"Oh yeah... maybe."
- Over the Garden Wall, episode 9, 06:50-06:59

Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

what song/album reminds you of summer?

Started by pancitoBoard © ∙ Music Room

Replies: 24
Views: 3274
Last post February 24, 2023 @530.19
by Memory
Parody songs/albums you listen to like they're normal

Started by MemoryBoard © ∙ Music Room

Replies: 1
Views: 792
Last post November 21, 2022 @959.87
by Oppositekeith
What was the last album you purchased/listened to/got in the mail?

Started by DiamondPetalsBoard © ∙ Music Room

Replies: 20
Views: 1918
Last post March 16, 2023 @805.50
by debleb

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi