Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 08 Oct 2026 - @26.40
Forum Activity: Three Stars Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: :skull: Websites are like whispers in the night  :skull: Guild Events: weekly zine jam 15: dreams
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Da Web Revival
| |-+  ✁ ∙ Web Crafting
| | |-+  Overloaded


« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print Embed
Author Topic: Overloaded  (Read 1539 times)
j-inky
Newbie ⚓︎
*
View Profile WWW


"You should throw a f-ing beach party"-Bubble
⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
Joined 2025!
« on: Summer, 02 Jul 2025 @279 » Embed

 :skull:  There's so much to do and see that I'm a little overwhelmed :skull:

Pretty much thats it. Trying to take in this web crafting stuff is a lot of information at once. I put up a website, decorated it decently. But I still feel so much out of touch with it all? I don't have the foggiest clue of what I'm doing and it feel like the learning curve is very steep, especially the lingo.

Logged

What does this button do? It breaks the thing...good job

https://file.garden/aEDhQbOrExy6D54j/art/asset/Inky_button_clipped.png
TheFrugalGamer
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWWArt


⛺︎ My Room
Itch.io: My Games
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
See A Bug Summer 2025 ParticipantGreat Posts PacmanFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #1 on: Summer, 02 Jul 2025 @622 » Toggle Font Embed

That's understandable! Learning HTML and what is essentially a new culture for the first time can be pretty overstimulating. I'd take it slow and remember to take breaks when your brain starts to get tired. We're all kind of learning as we go here, and everyone is at different levels of learning. There's no deadline for any of it, and ultimately web crafting is for you and not others.

Love your site! The colors are really nice and your artwork is lovely!

Logged


Artifact Swap: Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Pink TulipEmerald OreAquamarine
j-inky
Newbie ⚓︎
*
View Profile WWW


"You should throw a f-ing beach party"-Bubble
⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
Joined 2025!
« Reply #2 on: Summer, 04 Jul 2025 @216 » Embed

That's understandable! Learning HTML and what is essentially a new culture for the first time can be pretty overstimulating. I'd take it slow and remember to take breaks when your brain starts to get tired. We're all kind of learning as we go here, and everyone is at different levels of learning. There's no deadline for any of it, and ultimately web crafting is for you and not others.

Love your site! The colors are really nice and your artwork is lovely!

Yea you are right. I might have gotten too excited and tried to take in things too quickly. A break definitely helped me a lot. I guess getting reminded that everyone is on a different journey helps.

Also thanks! It means a lot especially since its my first go. :transport:   

Logged

What does this button do? It breaks the thing...good job

https://file.garden/aEDhQbOrExy6D54j/art/asset/Inky_button_clipped.png
brisray
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWW


⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
RocketmanFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #3 on: Summer, 19 Jul 2025 @030 » Embed

There's always something to write or learn. I found it best to write at least something and go from there. We're not writing a book, where once it's published only get the occasional update. Websites are living things, they can change and adapt. There's always better ways of doing things but browsers are backwards compatible and very forgiving of badly written HTML such as leaving the closing tag off some elements.

Logged
Pages: [1] Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Explore Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe