Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 11 Oct 2026 - @897.50
Forum Activity: Four Stars ~ Boop! The forum will close in 103.beats! Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: :wizard: You can make anything on the web! :wizard: Guild Events: MelonLand's Seasonal RPG Jam
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Da Web Revival
| |-+  ✁ ∙ Web Crafting
| | |-+  Which layout looks better?


« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print Embed
Author Topic: Which layout looks better?  (Read 3545 times)
Pepyogurt
Jr. Member ⚓︎
**
View Profile WWW


Käse, käse, wo ist die käse?
⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: pepyo
Matrix: Chat!

Artifacts:
First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« on: Summer, 21 Aug 2022 @185 » Toggle Font Embed

I'm currently circulating ideas for the next zone or color shrine of my site, and while I have ideas for the general layout I'm kinda stuck on the small configuration things. Essentially, this part of my site will feature one column on the left for most of its content, then a column on the right containing some fancy schmancy gif. I'm getting hung up on what ratio of content to picture might work best, so I made a few mock ups:

Option 1 / Option 2 / Option 3

Option 1 has the largest overall dimensions, with most of the space devoted to the content. Option 2 has smaller overall dimensions, with a tad more space devoted to the fancy gif. Option 3 has the same overall dimensions as option 2, but has an almost even ratio between content and fancy gif.

If you need a visual on what this site might look color-wise, you can check out my blue zone, but imagine it as a foresty green.

Logged

https://pip-pepping.neocities.org/images/pipe-button.gif
DJoftheCoven
Jr. Member
**
View Profile


Currently listening: Stiff Little Fingers (band)
⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #1 on: Summer, 21 Aug 2022 @283 » Embed


I don't really know what's appealing about it, but I like option 1 the best. Wish you the best of luck!

Logged

https://cherri-bomb.neocities.org/melonland/deftones-logo.gif
tarocchilla
Jr. Member ⚓︎
**
View Profile WWW


⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!

Artifacts:
First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #2 on: Summer, 21 Aug 2022 @462 » Embed

I like option 2 the best, i generally like more "compact" layouts! but i'm sure all of them would look good :-)

Logged
k4jtek
Casual Poster
*
View Profile


⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #3 on: Summer, 21 Aug 2022 @475 » Toggle Font Embed

I like option 1 the most, 600px will still fit perfectly on small displays while not looking too narrow on bigger ones.

Logged
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWWArt


So many stars!
⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
You're a Star!Flinstone VitaminWavy Shoulder-Length Hair with BangsBug!Top HatI got robbed by Dan Q on Melonland!
« Reply #4 on: Summer, 21 Aug 2022 @936 » Toggle Font Embed

Im a fan of option 3, its kinda weird, but its different and I'm into that :grin:

Logged


everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered

Artifact Swap: Have a chillpillRed Tulip100 coins<3fwoggiecurious fish
Memory
Guest

« Reply #5 on: Summer, 24 Aug 2022 @381 » Embed

I enjoy option 2 the best. I think in number 1, the distance between content and gif is a bit too big, and in number three the gif is too wide.

Logged
Pages: [1] Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Explore Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe