Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 04 Oct 2026 - @266.22
Forum Activity: Four Stars ~ Boop! The forum will close in 734.beats! Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: ozwomp is requesting your location :ozwomp: [Agree] Guild Events: 14: animals
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Computer Land
| |-+  ⛽︎ ∙ Technology
| | |-+  Thing you like was discontinued? Mad about it? This thread is for you!


« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print Embed
Author Topic: Thing you like was discontinued? Mad about it? This thread is for you!  (Read 1007 times)
stellarfieldanomaly
Jr. Member ⚓︎
**
View Profile WWWArt


Missing, presumed alive.
⛺︎ My Room

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Joined 2026!
« on: Spring, 18 Mar 2026 @982 » Embed

Today, March whatever, year: probably one of them after that one guy died, I went to get a new thermos. I live somewhere cold now so I have taken to carrying a thermos full of hot tea or similar. However my existing thermos is very large and heavy and holds way more liquid than I could reasonably drink on one outing. This is great for camping or day trips, but pretty bad for, for example, walking around taking pictures during a snow storm (ouch my back).

But! Not to worry, the company that made my current thermos had smaller sizes of the same design! So I'll just go and order a tiny little one for my personal walking around purposes, right? Wrong! They were discontinued and now go for $150 on amazon!! They were only $35 new!!!!! So now, instead of getting exactly what I already knew I wanted, I get to re-enter the research vortex and settle on something that only checks some of the boxes.

If anyone has any recommendations for a ZERO plastic (yes even the cap, my current one has a silicon gasket for a metal cap) metal thermos in the 500ml/16floz range I am on my knees  :trash:

The one I wanted is apparently still in stock in The UK, but they won't ship it to the states  :tongue:

What about you, has something you adored ever been unceremoniously discontinued, leaving you frustrated and adrift? Rant about it here, swap alternatives and bask in our collective misery(mild inconvenience).

Logged

The world turns, ignorant of the goings on on its surface.
Nikodile
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWW


loosey goosey
⛺︎ My Room
Itch.io: My Games

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Joined 2024!
« Reply #1 on: Spring, 01 Apr 2026 @931 » Toggle Font Embed

Lots of food products discontinue stuff that I really enjoyed - Taco Bell namely... The original, first run of Street Chalupas and the Quesarito being taken away from me affected my core.

Also, not necessarily discontinued but definitely harder to find nowadays, Gripz. I never see them at grocery stores, looks like they're mostly online-only now.
https://www.mashed.com/img/gallery/13-foods-from-the-90s-we-need-to-bring-back/gripz-snacks-1688753443.webp

Logged

https://card.exophase.com/2/0/252177.png?1710514702https://64.media.tumblr.com/224543d33488224217b4c8bb3346487a/tumblr_ncfsf2TwEQ1rc0cy9o1_500.gifhttps://crocbyte.dev/crocbytebutton.gif
stellarfieldanomaly
Jr. Member ⚓︎
**
View Profile WWWArt


Missing, presumed alive.
⛺︎ My Room

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Joined 2026!
« Reply #2 on: Spring, 02 Apr 2026 @100 » Embed

@Nikodile I haven't thought about gripz in years!!!

I wasn't thinking about it specifically when I made this, but discontinued food is so frustrating.

I recently found out Chocotaco's and Black Cherry Vanilla Coke were discontinued years and I'm heartbroken.. :trash:

Logged

The world turns, ignorant of the goings on on its surface.
rnottelovesowls
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWWArt


if i don’t respond it’s because i’m eepy
⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: rnottelovesowls
iMood: rnottelovesowls
RSS: RSS
OS: Windows 7

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Joined 2025!
« Reply #3 on: Spring, 02 Apr 2026 @181 » Toggle Font Embed

do anime licenses count? because NIS america used to own the license to the original anime of cardcaptor sakura, my favorite anime series of all time. (just in case my avatar didn't give it away :wink: ) now, they have refused to renew their anime licenses and are focusing only on their games, so now the blu-ray box set of the CCS complete series is out-of-print. i never got a chance to buy it, which sucks

and to make things worse, the blu-ray of the sequel series, clear card, hasn't been reissued, ever. which means, the only CCS titles you can own on blu-ray for a reasonable price are the 2 movies, licensed by discotek. not that there's anything wrong with that (i do enjoy those movies), but come on! CCS has got to be one of the most poorly-handled anime/manga properties by the west: received an awful english dub, its license is constantly in limbo, and you'd be lucky to own a copy of it at all. this all-time classic franchise deserves so much better

Logged

RNOTTÉ
https://bear-images.sfo2.cdn.digitaloceanspaces.com/rnotte/img_7455.gif
Inlusione
Casual Poster
*
View Profile


⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
Great Posts PacmanFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #4 on: Spring, 02 Apr 2026 @849 » Embed

StumbleUpon. I miss that like nothing else.

WEHeartIt. I lost so many beautiful pictures that I used to save throughout the years... And so many memories too.

Club Penguin. A small part of my childhood was lost with them.

KFC's salsa sauce. This one was definitely made for me and I bet I was the only customer, but it was so perfect!

Logged
Pages: [1] Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Explore Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe