This zone is sleeping right now! ZzzZZzzz

Better not disturb it! ~You go to the petrol station and buy a slushy instead, everything is cool!~

This area will open again in 000.beats!

(Learn about Swatch Time)

Some other zones are awake :^]


Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 28 Sep 2026 - @480.45
Forum Activity: Three Stars Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: :sleep: These are fast times on the World Wide Web~ Guild Events: MelonLand's Seasonal RPG Jam
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Communities & Online Life
| |-+  ☞ ∙ Life on the Web
| | |-+  ☁︎ ∙ Web Spelunking (Links)
| | | |-+  Little lone websites


« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print Embed
Author Topic: Little lone websites  (Read 2594 times)
Trooper123
Newbie
*
View Profile

⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
Joined 2023!
« on: Winter, 12 Dec 2023 @188 » Embed

Something that I love about the World Wide Web is little websites that use simple HTML that are stuck in time. A website that I have found that I am talking about is https://www.oldradios.com/

Just little websites that have not been made with a website builder and simpler ways, like Melon forum. Just something I like about the World Wide Web. Parts of it that have not moved or kept earlier designs.

Logged
pagemelt
Newbie ⚓︎
*
View Profile WWW


⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: pagemelt
iMood: melthomas

Artifacts:
Joined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: Winter, 12 Dec 2023 @639 » Embed

Ahhhh, I love their little guided tour of York Beach, Maine: https://www.oldradios.com/gsk/maine/yorkmap0.htm. They even have two versions of it—one using recent photos (c. late '90s, early '00s?) and the other using old postcards. Delightful.

Logged
Commodorn
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWWArt


Major Daikon
⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: miffedbastard

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Glove World balloonFlinstone VitaminT'hy'laGreat Posts PacmanParticipated in the 2023 Profile Design Contest!First 1000 Members!
« Reply #2 on: Winter, 12 Dec 2023 @694 » Toggle Font Embed

I enjoy them as well if we're thinking about the same thing! Assuming you mean sites like that that are still up and floating around somewhere on the web without the support of an archive. I don't remember how I found most of them, but I have quite a few older ones that fall under the category of (seemingly) unchanged when it comes to certain graphical elements or untouched completely after a certain point in my bookmarks. Here are some of them:

https://candywrappermuseum.com/

https://kontek.net/

http://catb.org/jargon/html/index.html

https://www.oldcomputers.net/

I'm not sure where they are right now, but I have (and still do) come across a lot of smaller HTML sites that fit your description of "lone" a bit better than most of these might. I'll try and share more in the future now that I know I have a reason to collect any I find into one place.

[Note: The Jargon site may be the only one I specifically found within a discussion on this forum.]

Logged

"Please, captain. Not in front of the Klingons."
https://i.ibb.co/ZGcCNRH/fuckingtechnology.pnghttps://i.ibb.co/LQxWzJn/GUNSTREK.gif

Artifact Swap: Brick MailGlitter MailTerletI met Dan Q on Melonland!Plankton
Rubbereon
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWWArt


⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
NoSmoking!Hope, the silliest ink kittayyVisited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Joined 2025!
« Reply #3 on: Summer, 18 Aug 2026 @848 » Embed

A classic would be the famous space jam website, the most archetypical yesterweb site.
https://www.spacejam.com/1996/

More info if you don't know: https://blog.archive.org/2021/04/03/welcome-to-the-webspace-jam/

There are even videos about it years later, guess it grew fondly on some peeps due to nostalgia.

Logged

https://bettysgraphics.neocities.org/images/animals/cat%20695.gifFuzzy fwiendhttps://bettysgraphics.neocities.org/images/animals/cat%20696.gifhttps://bettysgraphics.neocities.org/images/animals/cat%20697.gif
https://rubbereon.nekoweb.org/img/penguin.gifLinux userhttps://rubbereon.nekoweb.org/img/penguin.gif
↓ All my web profiles are available on this website ↓
https://fursona.directory/@rubbereon :eyes:

Artifact Swap: pearl yappin kittayGreen SpiffoJust CheeseTomato SliceCourage Creampuffsmiley
ValyceNegative
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWW


Your Average Toony Wolf!
⛺︎ My Room
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Game MachineGrass MailViolet Ribbon of WelcomeJoined 2024!
« Reply #4 on: Summer, 19 Aug 2026 @250 » Embed

I have Flags Of The World https://www.crwflags.com/fotw/flags/index.html and Mazeguy https://mazeguy.net/smilies.html which not only are still online after two decades, but still active with their oldschool layout!

Logged

https://valycenegative.neocities.org/img/VN8831A.png

https://valycenegative.neocities.org/img/BNRDragonite.gif https://valycenegative.neocities.org/img/BNRTaurus.gif https://valycenegative.neocities.org/img/BNR90s.gif https://valycenegative.neocities.org/img/BNRGranny.gif https://valycenegative.neocities.org/img/BNRGBC.gif
Noah_S
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWWArt


Noah. Earth. I make website. I.. I.. Noah. Earth.
⛺︎ My Room
iMood: Noah_S
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
funguyVisited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!I got robbed by Dan Q on Melonland!I met Dan Q on Melonland!A coin!Enby
« Reply #5 on: Summer, 19 Aug 2026 @400 » Toggle Font Embed

Rinkworks is like a time capsule

Logged

perfectionist_better.gifweb_designer.gifspeed_of_time.gifbutton290.pngmy_dream_wedding.gifClippy beats AI

Artifact Swap: Large watercraftGrowing ballwhen life gives you crab make mailMelonland has encountered a bugMerry ChristmasfwoggieMessage Buddylaptop
TheFrugalGamer
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWWArt


⛺︎ My Room
Itch.io: My Games
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
See A Bug Summer 2025 ParticipantGreat Posts PacmanFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #6 on: Summer, 20 Aug 2026 @612 » Toggle Font Embed

Rinkworks is like a time capsule

What a delightful site! I love multi-focused things like this, without any specific theme besides "the creator liked it." Not that there's anything wrong with single-themed sites, but sometimes I just like to deep dive into crazy meandering places like this. I feel like they embody their creators' minds in ways that blogs can't.

I hope this one stays up. The forum has a few spam messages here and there but interspersed with those are actual messages from long time readers. The rest of the site looks like it's still being updated too.

Edit: figured I'd add some of my own favs too.

« Last Edit: Summer, 20 Aug 2026 @621 by TheFrugalGamer » Logged


Artifact Swap: Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Pink TulipEmerald OreAquamarine
Pages: [1] Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Enter Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe