Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 08 Oct 2026 - @998.24
Forum Activity: Three Stars Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: :sleep: These are fast times on the World Wide Web~ Guild Events: weekly zine jam 15: dreams
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Da Web Revival
| |-+  ✁ ∙ Web Crafting
| | |-+  JS-free way to have a photo carousel?


« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print Embed
Author Topic: JS-free way to have a photo carousel?  (Read 1654 times)
Skyweaver
Full Member ⚓︎
***
View Profile WWW


⛺︎ My Room

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Joined 2025!
« on: Spring, 25 May 2026 @972 » Embed

I'm rebranding from Solinus to Skyweaver and I want to use as little JS as possible for those that have JS disabled.
On my old site I have a few pages with a photo carousel for projects that have more than one image:
https://solinus.neocities.org/designs/2026 under "CLV Media Player (Mar 2026, Personal)"

However, my current solution uses JS and I'd like a CSS way to do that or anything else that doesnt need JS. Provider is Nekoweb if that helps at https://skyweaver.nekoweb.org/ . I was thinking of making a horizontally scrolling div but I imagine it'd be a bit janky, and there's some CSS spec for a photo carousel but it's only on chrome RN.

Logged

Aero and Skeuo Graphic Designer
Skyweaver's website!!

https://skyweaver.nekoweb.org/storage/jamie.png
https://skyweaver.nekoweb.org/storage/faa-forum.png
https://skyweaver.nekoweb.org/storage/miku.png
https://skyweaver.nekoweb.org/storage/scp.png
https://skyweaver.nekoweb.org/storage/aimp.png
larvapuppy
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWWArt


World's Worst Baby Seal
⛺︎ My Room
iMood: larvapuppy
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
CubesealSpheal, I Choose You!Wave MailsealFirst 1000 Members!Bisexual
« Reply #1 on: Spring, 25 May 2026 @364 » Toggle Font Embed

I found a CSS tricks article on this here, which seems cool ~ https://css-tricks.com/css-only-carousel/ I might use it myself tbh!

Logged

Newest Clothing

Artifact Swap: BunnyHE WATCHES YOUcup 4 uStripe²happy shirousa
poesu
Full Member ⚓︎
***
View Profile WWWArt


So many links, so little time
⛺︎ My Room
RSS: RSS

Artifacts:
THE tieTriple HornsDevil HornsDevil Cursor TailStripey ScarfFrom Tuffy with ❤️
« Reply #2 on: Spring, 26 May 2026 @017 » Toggle Font Embed

was thinking of making a horizontally scrolling div but I imagine it'd be a bit janky, and there's some CSS spec for a photo carousel but it's only on chrome RN.

What are you referring to?

I have a horizontally scrolling CSS-only carousel. If you're interested, you can poke around the code here: https://poesu.neocities.org/comms#tier_1. Is it janky though? (/gen question)

Logged

https://poesu.neocities.org/images/my_button.pnghttps://poesu.neocities.org/buttons/88x31/no_squircle.webphttps://poesu.neocities.org/buttons/88x31/accessibility.webp

Artifact Swap: SquirrelThis artifact is invisibleAda the ButterflyWhite-Winged Scoter<html>I met Dan Q on Melonland!Icecream sundaeender pearl yappin kittayDripping inkyshroomoupyShang Mu AcademyfunguyPhone's Ringing!Pastel eyebatAmerican CrowLarge watercraftKitty KittyLollipopPink camera flashEyeSeeYou
Skyweaver
Full Member ⚓︎
***
View Profile WWW


⛺︎ My Room

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Joined 2025!
« Reply #3 on: Spring, 26 May 2026 @041 » Embed

What are you referring to?

I have a horizontally scrolling CSS-only carousel. If you're interested, you can poke around the code here: https://poesu.neocities.org/comms#tier_1. Is it janky though? (/gen question)

I'm referring to https://developer.chrome.com/blog/carousels-with-css

Yours seems like the simplest and best solution at the moment, cause it seems that the CSS only solutions require the same dimensions of slides, and I would like to have different sized photos. For example, I may choose to have a logo and a website screenshot in the same slideshow.

Logged

Aero and Skeuo Graphic Designer
Skyweaver's website!!

https://skyweaver.nekoweb.org/storage/jamie.png
https://skyweaver.nekoweb.org/storage/faa-forum.png
https://skyweaver.nekoweb.org/storage/miku.png
https://skyweaver.nekoweb.org/storage/scp.png
https://skyweaver.nekoweb.org/storage/aimp.png
poesu
Full Member ⚓︎
***
View Profile WWWArt


So many links, so little time
⛺︎ My Room
RSS: RSS

Artifacts:
THE tieTriple HornsDevil HornsDevil Cursor TailStripey ScarfFrom Tuffy with ❤️
« Reply #4 on: Spring, 26 May 2026 @220 » Toggle Font Embed

I'm glad to be helpful!

I'm referring to https://developer.chrome.com/blog/carousels-with-css

That's a neat feature, thanks for the link. But yeah, we have to wait a while before it becomes baseline.

Logged

https://poesu.neocities.org/images/my_button.pnghttps://poesu.neocities.org/buttons/88x31/no_squircle.webphttps://poesu.neocities.org/buttons/88x31/accessibility.webp

Artifact Swap: SquirrelThis artifact is invisibleAda the ButterflyWhite-Winged Scoter<html>I met Dan Q on Melonland!Icecream sundaeender pearl yappin kittayDripping inkyshroomoupyShang Mu AcademyfunguyPhone's Ringing!Pastel eyebatAmerican CrowLarge watercraftKitty KittyLollipopPink camera flashEyeSeeYou
Pages: [1] Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Explore Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe