Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 07 Oct 2026 - @736.90
Forum Activity: Four Stars Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: :seal: Thank you for today! :seal: Guild Events: TIME FOR HALLOWEEN CRAFTS!
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Da Web Revival
| |-+  ☆ ∙ Things that exist!
| | |-+  a neocities clone for femslash has been created at femslash.city


« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print Embed
Author Topic: a neocities clone for femslash has been created at femslash.city  (Read 742 times)
Memory
Guest

« on: Summer, 18 Aug 2026 @106 » Embed

 Hi! I am agnes, a self-hosting obsessed creature ;3 I am waiting for a response from Kyle if this is okay for me to do but the whole code is open source so until I hear back, we're assuming it's fine. I am the first person who has ever hosted a public version of Neocities on their own infrastructure--at least I am the first to my knowledge. It's for yuri/femslash fans and fansites. I AM EXTREMELY PROUD OF MYSELF OH MY FREAKING GOODNESS.

The site is at https://femslash.city

Edit: apparently my original title has been removed and changed to literally just different wording of the same thing for some reason and I'm not sure why. Changed it to my own wording again.

« Last Edit: Summer, 22 Aug 2026 @541 by alienhospital » Logged
Hutch3G
Newbie ⚓︎
*
View Profile WWW


3 is a magic number ♪
⛺︎ My Room
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Joined 2026!
« Reply #1 on: Summer, 18 Aug 2026 @503 » Toggle Font Embed

That's very commendable, I had no idea neocities was open source, and I'm surprised noone has made their own version yet! This is great to see!

Logged

http://hutch3g.eu/img/Hutch3G.gif
arcus
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWW


⛺︎ My Room
Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Great Posts PacmanFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #2 on: Summer, 19 Aug 2026 @404 » Toggle Font Embed

Great job. Where is it hosted? It's hard to say no illegal content while not stating that.

I am waiting for a response from Kyle if this is okay for me to do but the whole code is open source so until I hear back, we're assuming it's fine.

The license for it is on the repo:
Quote
Copyright (c) 2013, Kyle Drake
All rights reserved.

Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:

 * Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice,
   this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
 * Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
   notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the
   documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.

THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE AUTHOR AND CONTRIBUTORS ``AS IS'' AND ANY
EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED
WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE
DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHOR OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY
DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES
(INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR
SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER
CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT
LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY
OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH
DAMAGE.

Logged

Memory
Guest

« Reply #3 on: Summer, 19 Aug 2026 @941 » Embed

It's hosted at home on my server, in the United States. Good point though--I'll add to specify.

Logged
Pages: [1] Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Explore Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe