Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 07 Oct 2026 - @732.78
Forum Activity: Four Stars Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: :defrag: Lo and Behold :defrag: Guild Events: TIME FOR HALLOWEEN CRAFTS!
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Da Web Revival
| |-+  ☆ ∙ Things that exist!
| | |-+  a klondike solitaire vibecode


« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print Embed
Author Topic: a klondike solitaire vibecode  (Read 570 times)
wp0
Casual Poster ⚓︎
*
View Profile WWW


Make it happen!
⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!

Guild Memberships:
« on: Summer, 06 Aug 2026 @846 » Embed

I love Klondike solitaire. I came to realization that it must be one of my favorite games, in fact.

Problem is - it's kinda hard to find good solitaire.
- I need my solitaire to have a solver (that would show if the deal is even winnable) - to relax and not waste time.
- I need it to have undo
- I need it to be able to replay same deal
- It should be playable from keyboard

So, I made my own. I wanted to do one for ages, actually, made several silly attempts... And today I did it!
http://wp0.li/files/img/my/patience.jpg
(It will probably look bigger in your browser, as it stretches :D I made it with iframes in mind to be embedded into.. a little thing I am working on :D)

I also drew the sprites, and it was quite a journey: I learnt that these things on cards are called "pips", and the patterns they form is actually standardized. Of course, first I tried to automate it, but result was sloppy. So had to invent a weird guides system to place the pips.
This is version 3 of the cards sprites (on screenshot at least).
https://i.vgy.me/1sw8nq.png

It also uses my work-in-progress retro-ish react/css components set :P

Here it is.
http://wp0.li/slop/patience/
It needs javascript to run and will eat about 120kb of your trafic.
CSS uses layers and vars, and solver uses webworker, so will need a fairly modern browser to run.
Oh, and also - it is packed in a single html file, if you like it - you can just download it and it's yours forever :P

« Last Edit: Summer, 21 Aug 2026 @858 by Melooon » Logged

http://wp0.li/files/img/userbar/cbl_19.pnghttp://wp0.li/files/img/userbar/grafx2.gif
I say, go for it. Remake it. Knock yourselves out. Paint the sky with rainbows.

Artifact Swap: Joined 2026!
Noah_S
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWWArt


Noah. Earth. I make website. I.. I.. Noah. Earth.
⛺︎ My Room
iMood: Noah_S
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
funguyVisited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!I got robbed by Dan Q on Melonland!I met Dan Q on Melonland!A coin!Enby
« Reply #1 on: Summer, 06 Aug 2026 @854 » Toggle Font Embed

Nicely done

I like the winnable deal only option

Logged

perfectionist_better.gifweb_designer.gifspeed_of_time.gifbutton290.pngmy_dream_wedding.gifClippy beats AI

Artifact Swap: Large watercraftGrowing ballwhen life gives you crab make mailMelonland has encountered a bugMerry Christmasblack n yellow yappin kittayMessage BuddylaptopYarn kitty
wp0
Casual Poster ⚓︎
*
View Profile WWW


Make it happen!
⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!

Guild Memberships:
« Reply #2 on: Summer, 06 Aug 2026 @865 » Embed

@Noah_S, thank you for kind words :)

Oh, also if you missed a moment when it became not winnable - there is a "Last winnable" option in the menu :P It returns you to last winnable state.
And of course solver is disable-able :P

Logged

http://wp0.li/files/img/userbar/cbl_19.pnghttp://wp0.li/files/img/userbar/grafx2.gif
I say, go for it. Remake it. Knock yourselves out. Paint the sky with rainbows.

Artifact Swap: Joined 2026!
Dan Q
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWWArt


I have no idea what I am doing
⛺︎ My Room
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Dan Q Cruisin'I DIDN'T meet Dan Q on Melonland!Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!
« Reply #3 on: Summer, 07 Aug 2026 @335 » Toggle Font Embed

This is really cool. You've done a great job.

That is all!

Logged

https://danq.me/_q26t/badges/dan-q-88x31-lighter.gif https://danq.me/_q26t/badges/dan-q-88x31-peekaboo-scroller.gif https://beige-buttons.danq.dev/beige-buttons-88x31.gif https://embed-html.danq.dev/embed-html-88x31.gif

Artifact Swap: PolyamorousI met Dan Q on Melonland!Joined 2025!
Pages: [1] Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Explore Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe