This zone is sleeping right now! ZzzZZzzz

Better not disturb it! ~You go to the petrol station and buy a slushy instead, everything is cool!~

This area will open again in 000.beats!

(Learn about Swatch Time)

Some other zones are awake :^]


Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 28 Sep 2026 - @381.15
Forum Activity: Three Stars Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: :seal: Thank you for today! :seal: Guild Events: MelonLand's Seasonal RPG Jam
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Communities & Online Life
| |-+  ☞ ∙ Life on the Web
| | |-+  ☁︎ ∙ Web Spelunking (Links)
| | | |-+  Old, straight-forward website for Asian cooking recipes


« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print Embed
Author Topic: Old, straight-forward website for Asian cooking recipes  (Read 453 times)
Limette
Full Member ⚓︎
***
View Profile WWWArt


⛺︎ My Room
iMood: Limette
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!I got robbed by Dan Q on Melonland!Joined 2025!
« on: Summer, 19 Jul 2026 @523 » Toggle Font Embed

Yesterday I was chopping mushrooms. Since I'm still learning to cook, I looked up what you can do with leftover mushroom stems and one of the top search results was this.

The information itself was good, but I was far more interested in the website itself!

Asian Online Recipes has been around for over 20 years and you can tell it really does still have that old 2000's charm. What excited me the most were the directories of recipes and cooking techniques, and how simple and straight-forward all the instructions are. Anyone who has looked up a modern cooking recipe knows the frustration of needing to scroll through paragraphs of fluff until you get to the actual recipe- and personally, I tend to find the hyper specific instructions that follow overwhelming.

I also took a look through the wayback machine and had fun exploring older iterations of this website. (I wonder about that Link Partners section... it looks like a potential new rabbit-hole!) I find them even more interesting than the current iteration.

This is a great find for me, in particular. Half of my family is Thai, and I grew up on Thai cuisine. However, nobody in my family ever went out of their way to teach me our recipes. So, I had always been on the look-out for a good resource to learn from. This is my first decent find in that regard, since everything else I've stumbled across were usually SEO optimized, ad-infested websites that were more concerned about selling you a product and only showcasing dishes that would suit the tastes of tourists and white people. Even when I did find decent recipes, I would ran back into the problem of finding the average modern recipe overwhelming to navigate and understand.

So, I'm happy this old website somehow wormed its way into my top search results.

Logged

https://limette.neocities.org/assets/limette.gifhttps://file.garden/aJDdYDydqnG0q1NR/blinkies/exinc.gif
Noah_S
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWWArt


Noah. Earth. I make website. I.. I.. Noah. Earth.
⛺︎ My Room
iMood: Noah_S
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
funguyVisited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!I got robbed by Dan Q on Melonland!I met Dan Q on Melonland!A coin!Enby
« Reply #1 on: Summer, 19 Jul 2026 @546 » Toggle Font Embed

When I clicked on the mushroom link and saw the text, my brain assumed that it would be instructions for one thing. Instead there were many different option. That's amazing.

And I can confirm that frying pan plus butter plus any part of mushrooms is good if you like mushrooms.

Logged

perfectionist_better.gifweb_designer.gifspeed_of_time.gifbutton290.pngmy_dream_wedding.gifClippy beats AI

Artifact Swap: Large watercraftGrowing ballwhen life gives you crab make mailMelonland has encountered a bugMerry ChristmasfwoggieMessage Buddylaptop
rnottelovesowls
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWWArt


if i don’t respond it’s because i’m eepy
⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: rnottelovesowls
iMood: rnottelovesowls
RSS: RSS
OS: Windows 7

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Joined 2025!
« Reply #2 on: Summer, 19 Jul 2026 @679 » Toggle Font Embed

my god, it's beautiful! i have a huge problem with a lot of modern recipe pages (mostly the ones on pinterest and sites for megamarts like walmart), with all the ads and pop-ups getting in the way of the... you know, RECIPE. and mum loves looking up recipes, so i'm sure she's not a fan of it, either. so to see a clear and concise recipe website that gets to the point is, if you'll pardon the pun... mwha! chef's kiss!  :chef:

Logged

RNOTTÉ
https://bear-images.sfo2.cdn.digitaloceanspaces.com/rnotte/img_7455.gif
BlazingCobaltX
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWW


⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: blazingcobaltx
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #3 on: Summer, 06 Aug 2026 @981 » Embed

What a gem!! I too struggle with finding good websites for recipes (aside from Maangchi I don't really have another standard website). I love how straightforward this is in presentation, yet varied in recipes and guides. It's like a Swiss knife of various Asian cuisines. I'll be sure to try a recipe sometime - let's see how cooking works with minimal instructions. :ok:

Logged

https://blazingcobaltx.neocities.org/images/arceus.png
Pages: [1] Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Enter Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe