Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 04 Oct 2026 - @537.44
Forum Activity: Four Stars ~ Boop! The forum will close in 463.beats! Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: :skull: Websites are like whispers in the night  :skull: Guild Events: MelonLand's Seasonal RPG Jam
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Earth & Interests
| |-+  ⚚ ∙ Life on Earth!
| | |-+  Has anyone ever felt like they had "ghost limbs"?


« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print Embed
Author Topic: Has anyone ever felt like they had "ghost limbs"?  (Read 431 times)
Rubbereon
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWWArt


⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!
OS: Linux 🐧

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
NoSmoking!Hope, the silliest ink kittayyVisited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Joined 2025!
« on: Summer, 28 Aug 2026 @773 » Embed

Has anyone ever felt like they had "ghost limbs"? I dunno if it's from being in the furry community for so long but I occasionally feel animal ears, a snout or a tail. The feeling is faint, but it's there. I should note I'm not therian nor otherkin and I never identified as one, I'm not even sure what they entail, all I know is that this inner "funny anthro cartoon animal" feeling I have here is vaguely related to therianthropy as an idea from what I've read on the subject.

Logged

https://bettysgraphics.neocities.org/images/animals/cat%20695.gifFuzzy fwiendhttps://bettysgraphics.neocities.org/images/animals/cat%20696.gifhttps://bettysgraphics.neocities.org/images/animals/cat%20697.gif
https://rubbereon.nekoweb.org/img/penguin.gifLinux userhttps://rubbereon.nekoweb.org/img/penguin.gif
↓ All my web profiles are available on this website ↓
https://fursona.directory/@rubbereon :goL:
https://rubbereon.nekoweb.org/img/tabs.gifhttps://rubbereon.nekoweb.org/img/idiotsticker.png

Artifact Swap: pearl yappin kittayGreen SpiffoJust CheeseCourage smiley
Noah_S
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWWArt


Noah. Earth. I make website. I.. I.. Noah. Earth.
⛺︎ My Room
iMood: Noah_S
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
funguyVisited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!I got robbed by Dan Q on Melonland!I met Dan Q on Melonland!A coin!Enby
« Reply #1 on: Summer, 28 Aug 2026 @785 » Toggle Font Embed

I've recently had several occasions when I felt like my cat ears were pointing back. I don't have cat ears. But I do have some traces of feline body language, probably from being in unusually large part socialized by cats.

Logged

perfectionist_better.gifweb_designer.gifspeed_of_time.gifbutton290.pngmy_dream_wedding.gifClippy beats AI

Artifact Swap: Large watercraftGrowing ballwhen life gives you crab make mailMelonland has encountered a bugMerry Christmasblack n yellow yappin kittayMessage BuddylaptopYarn kitty
fablefound
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWW


they/them
⛺︎ My Room
Itch.io: My Games

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Joined 2024!
« Reply #2 on: Summer, 28 Aug 2026 @792 » Toggle Font Embed

I got this a lot as a kid. Occasionally do today. I've honestly always chalked it up to my neurodivergence groping around for ways it can understand and experience the world: ears that "perk up" or "swivel" when I'm listening to something, for example. I also sustained a tailbone injury in like fourth grade? And spent ages imagining I had a tail there. I've also neve connected it to therianthropy; it's just one of various Weird Brain Things I've got lol.

Logged

neocities
https://64.media.tumblr.com/675eae3dd8a496506c935c06793b245b/tumblr_inline_p7syo7z5iN1rw5v7g_75sq.pnja laugh can be a very powerful thing. why, sometimes in life, it's the only weapon we have.https://64.media.tumblr.com/8e49c3d785fd9ee0e1d9dbac48ee31f1/tumblr_inline_p7syo8AjMX1rw5v7g_75sq.pnj
https://web.archive.org/web/20090728050500/http://www.geocities.com/john_jessica/Barfairymagic.gif
https://64.media.tumblr.com/03416b0ebb68bed78f1a3ab1f7a1849e/338d8dd360da2e72-ad/s1280x1920/2899a20f67237800ced2832b9474a853a22a2756.jpg
IndigoGolem
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWW


What's personal text?
⛺︎ My Room
RSS: RSS
OS: Debian

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
squeezed gentlyVisited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!I got robbed by Dan Q on Melonland!Joined 2025!
« Reply #3 on: Summer, 28 Aug 2026 @798 » Embed

I can imagine and almost feel like i'm moving my (real) limbs if i relax and focus on it. And if i really focus i can apply this to body parts i don't have. I don't think i ever do this unintentionally.

I think the first time i ever did this it was a technique for falling asleep easier. I'd go thru every muscle in every part of my body (even a few that don't exist, sometimes i accidentally count extra toes) and try as hard as i can to move it without moving it or tensing the muscle at all. So, moving the ghost muscles.

Logged

-Indigo, Anve Ozo

Artifact Swap: Spiritual Stone of Firee  unus, pluriumMick Jagger's mouthCreampuffNoid2 coinssnail buddy
beetledragon3869
Casual Poster ⚓︎
*
View Profile WWW


⛺︎ My Room
iMood: beetledragon3869

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Joined 2026!
« Reply #4 on: Summer, 29 Aug 2026 @969 » Embed

Kind of! I'm fully aware they're not real, but I have "imaginary wings" like a dragon's, that I like to flap about or let droop in certain situations. Usually when I'm alone exploring a new location, or otherwise by myself. It's generally not something I tell people about, and I don't wish they were real or anything (I have enough back problems as is!) but its nice to pretend.

Logged

hiii im beetle
Squidiottt
Casual Poster
*
View Profile WWWArt


total annihilation!!!
⛺︎ My Room

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Joined 2025!kitty groovin'Purple beetleBug Creature
« Reply #5 on: Summer, 29 Aug 2026 @521 » Embed

all the time!! ill imagine having different kinds of tails, most commonly a dragon or wolf tail, wings, ears, heck sometimes my legs feel more 'furry shaped' :dive:

i emote with them alot, like my 'ears' pointing up when im listening, tail drooping when tired etc :dog:

Logged

https://file.garden/aLc0d9ZBvTGYyXil/blinkiesCafe-p1.gifhttps://file.garden/aLc0d9ZBvTGYyXil/blinkiesCafe-cx.gifhttps://file.garden/aLc0d9ZBvTGYyXil/blinkiesCafe-0Y.gif
https://file.garden/aLc0d9ZBvTGYyXil/blinkiesCafe-QW.gifhttps://file.garden/aLc0d9ZBvTGYyXil/blinkiesCafe-0c.gif
cyberdreamz
Jr. Member ⚓︎
**
View Profile WWW


₍^. .^₎Ⳋ
⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: cyberdreamz
iMood: cyberdreamz

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Joined 2026!
« Reply #6 on: Summer, 29 Aug 2026 @561 » Toggle Font Embed

I do feel like I should have a tail sometimes... And sometimes I feel like I should be made of fabric rather than like. skin.
My identity as an otherkin is just for fun and I don't take it that seriously, I think these feelings are more likely a result of me engaging with certain medias too much lol.
I noticed the tail thing after playing Great God Grove and getting OBSESSED with it for a good chunk of 2025 (in the game there are some characters that have tails, bizzyboys/drainfolk. Now that I think about it they also were the ones in all of the puppet segments of the game too...)
Somewhat related and what makes me think this is the reason, Last autumn I was animating a short music video for uni in which the main character had a ponytail. I spent entire days working on it. Once I got into the shower and as I started washing my head I suddenly thought "Huh, where's my ponytail"... I guess I just start seeing myself in things if I get too attached to them  :ha:  :ha:

Logged

https://file.garden/aKLNmQV5eixaX67L/computer_076.gif
aaaand post!
Pages: [1] Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Explore Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe