Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 07 Oct 2026 - @735.01
Forum Activity: Four Stars Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: :skull: Websites are like whispers in the night  :skull: Guild Events: Halloween Watch-a-thon
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Da Web Revival
| |-+  ☆ ∙ Things that exist!
| | |-+  Asatte - a community hub of Internet art


« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print Embed
Author Topic: Asatte - a community hub of Internet art  (Read 717 times)
stephan_e_perez
Jr. Member ⚓︎
**
View Profile WWW


⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Joined 2025!
« on: Autumn, 05 Sep 2026 @864 » Embed

https://asatte.io/storage/images/uploaded/users/stephan_e_perez/posts/welcome_to_asatte/gallery/small/6a89674865bd2.jpg

I'm happy to announce Asatte, a new website for Internet Art. This is a community-driven archive - users can post about their own work with links, images, video & artist statements. You can also follow artists, write comments or DMs, and save works you like.

If you are here, registration is easy - you can use your MelonLand account!

https://asatte.io/storage/images/uploaded/users/stephan_e_perez/posts/user_guide/statement/6a8d6afb81a84.jpg

Be sure to check out the About page and the introductory News post.

I've been really glad to be a part of the MelonLand forums this past year and am honored that both @Melooon and @Marziponder have already made posts. Hope to see some more of you on there.

« Last Edit: Autumn, 05 Sep 2026 @952 by stephan_e_perez » Logged

https://asatte.io/images/badges/asatte_2x.gif  https://asatte.io/images/badges/sepsite_2x.gifhttps://asatte.io/images/badges/lvpart_2x.gifhttps://asatte.io/images/badges/sepwebdev_2x.gif
kringle
Full Member ⚓︎
***
View Profile WWWArt


barkbarkbark
⛺︎ My Room
XMPP: Chat!

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Still HungryClownWan wan!frog bearYou Gotta Believe!tool (for helping others)
« Reply #1 on: Autumn, 06 Sep 2026 @272 » Toggle Font Embed

this is a really cool project! im excited to see where it goes and the kind of community you'll build. as someone who mostly just makes normal non-experimental art just on the computer, i'm not sure if i'm the right person to contribute to this. but i made an account and i'm excited to see where it goes.  :4u:

will deffo chip in something if i think i've made something that fits the bill!


Logged

https://kringle-c.neocities.org/13420134_2a89e.gif

Artifact Swap: Sailor MoonSleepyMinicraftsagittariusleoarieslil calSlayer
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWWArt


So many stars!
⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
You're a Star!Flinstone VitaminWavy Shoulder-Length Hair with BangsBug!Top HatI got robbed by Dan Q on Melonland!
« Reply #2 on: Autumn, 06 Sep 2026 @532 » Toggle Font Embed

This was a really unexpected and pleasant message to get when you first sent it to me (despite some quite funny early testing bugs I ran into like it always saying its 2025  :tongue: )

I've seen a bunch of community projects linked over the years, this one is very much not in the old-weby aesthetic that I'm more used to seeing, but its easily one of my favorites, partly because of that. It's clearly got its own direction, its got a focused goal, and its just generally interesting!

It was also really exciting to see the melonland login option on a public site for the first time  :ozwomp: I'll add in a link to it when I'm updating the nav next! Running a site can be hard work, so I wish you well and feel free to message if you need any assistance in the future!

Logged


everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered

Artifact Swap: black n cyan yappin kittayHave a chillpillRed Tulip100 coins<3curious fish
stephan_e_perez
Jr. Member ⚓︎
**
View Profile WWW


⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Joined 2025!
« Reply #3 on: Autumn, 09 Sep 2026 @722 » Embed

this is a really cool project! im excited to see where it goes and the kind of community you'll build. as someone who mostly just makes normal non-experimental art just on the computer, i'm not sure if i'm the right person to contribute to this. but i made an account and i'm excited to see where it goes.  :4u:

will deffo chip in something if i think i've made something that fits the bill!

Hey, thank you for registering! Your home page is super cool. I'm really happy to have people using the site just to discover art and follow artists as well. (though I still need more posters too :happy:)

This was a really unexpected and pleasant message to get when you first sent it to me (despite some quite funny early testing bugs I ran into like it always saying its 2025  :tongue: )

I've seen a bunch of community projects linked over the years, this one is very much not in the old-weby aesthetic that I'm more used to seeing, but its easily one of my favorites, partly because of that. It's clearly got its own direction, its got a focused goal, and its just generally interesting!

It was also really exciting to see the melonland login option on a public site for the first time  :ozwomp: I'll add in a link to it when I'm updating the nav next! Running a site can be hard work, so I wish you well and feel free to message if you need any assistance in the future!

That's high praise, Melon (except for you doxxing my developer woes :tongue: ) and it'll be an honor to be linked on MelonLand (let me know when you add it to the nav!). Thanks again for your help testing - I'm sure I'll want your assistance again in the future.

And yes, I like old-weby stuff sometimes, but I also don't believe the only way to improve our experience with the Internet is to go back in time. I love your website design because on top of the old-web stuff, you have so many other elements - 3D graphics, interactivity, user-generated content, poetic time stamps - that synthesize something that goes far beyond nostalgia.

Also!

I've just published a news article about the origin of the Asatte logo. You can read it here.

https://asatte.io/storage/images/uploaded/users/stephan_e_perez/posts/the_asatte_logo/gallery/large/6aa17718996d8.jpg

« Last Edit: Autumn, 10 Sep 2026 @971 by stephan_e_perez » Logged

https://asatte.io/images/badges/asatte_2x.gif  https://asatte.io/images/badges/sepsite_2x.gifhttps://asatte.io/images/badges/lvpart_2x.gifhttps://asatte.io/images/badges/sepwebdev_2x.gif
stephan_e_perez
Jr. Member ⚓︎
**
View Profile WWW


⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Joined 2025!
« Reply #4 on: Autumn, 22 Sep 2026 @655 » Embed

https://asatte.io/storage/images/uploaded/users/stephan_e_perez/posts/asattes_first_month/gallery/large/6aafecd2c2d7e.webp

asatte news: Asatte's first month

This article focuses on works by the first four members to post their Internet artwork on Asatte: @Melooon, @Marziponder, @lycheecreature, and Miaki. You can read it here.

« Last Edit: Autumn, 22 Sep 2026 @676 by stephan_e_perez » Logged

https://asatte.io/images/badges/asatte_2x.gif  https://asatte.io/images/badges/sepsite_2x.gifhttps://asatte.io/images/badges/lvpart_2x.gifhttps://asatte.io/images/badges/sepwebdev_2x.gif
lycheecreature
Newbie ⚓︎
*
View Profile WWWArt


collect my pages
⛺︎ My Room

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Joined 2026!
« Reply #5 on: Autumn, 23 Sep 2026 @658 » Embed

Thanks for the shoutout!!

Logged
Pages: [1] Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Explore Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe