Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 07 Oct 2026 - @939.04
Forum Activity: Four Stars Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: :defrag: Lo and Behold :defrag: Guild Events: TIME FOR HALLOWEEN CRAFTS!
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Da Web Revival
| |-+  ✁ ∙ Web Crafting
| | |-+  2 gif icons linking to my lore page and I'd like to know which one is nicer


« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print Embed
Poll
Question: Which version do you prefer
White Stars   -0 (0%)
Yellow Stars   -3 (100%)
Total Members Voted: 3

Author Topic: 2 gif icons linking to my lore page and I'd like to know which one is nicer  (Read 89 times)
Rubbereon
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWWArt


⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!
OS: Linux 🐧

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
NoSmoking!Hope, the silliest ink kittayyVisited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Joined 2025!
« on: Autumn, 04 Oct 2026 @525 » Embed

I couldn't find a specific icon for my nav, so I opted to make it myself, I'm satisfied with the results except that I can't decide which one I like better.

https://rubbereon.nekoweb.org/img/lifeplanetland.gifhttps://rubbereon.nekoweb.org/img/lifeplanetland2.gif
^Be aware that I will most likely delete one of the gifs so there'll be a dead link, no idea if I should edit the post when that happens.
Now, the 2 gifs again, except only their last frame to make it easier to compare:


It's palette based, so yeah the water will either get yellow just like the stars (which thankfully ain't too visible anyway you probably wouldn't have noticed if I hadn't posted the static frames) or the stars will get white which I personally find not as pretty, but feel it makes sense if compared to real stars.

Feel free to tell me what you all think!  :mark:

Logged

https://bettysgraphics.neocities.org/images/animals/cat%20695.gifFuzzy fwiendhttps://bettysgraphics.neocities.org/images/animals/cat%20696.gifhttps://bettysgraphics.neocities.org/images/animals/cat%20697.gif
https://rubbereon.nekoweb.org/img/penguin.gifLinux userhttps://rubbereon.nekoweb.org/img/penguin.gif
↓ All my web profiles are available on this website ↓
https://fursona.directory/@rubbereon :goL:
https://rubbereon.nekoweb.org/img/tabs.gifhttps://rubbereon.nekoweb.org/img/idiotsticker.pnghttps://rubbereon.nekoweb.org/img/iblockads.gif

Artifact Swap: pearl yappin kittayGreen SpiffoJust CheeseCourage smiley
TheFrugalGamer
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWWArt


⛺︎ My Room
Itch.io: My Games
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
See A Bug Summer 2025 ParticipantGreat Posts PacmanFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #1 on: Today at @587 » Toggle Font Embed

Personally I like the yellow. I'm a fan of limited palettes because I work in them a lot, and I love the color-mixing effect that dithering can have at low resolutions. Especially because you like the stars yellow more, and the water on the planet isn't as noticeable because of that dithering effect. It just reads as "white" to most eyes.

Logged


Artifact Swap: Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Pink TulipEmerald OreAquamarine
Pages: [1] Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Explore Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe