Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 09 Oct 2026 - @706.12
Forum Activity: Four Stars Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: :happy: Open the all windows! Your mind needs storms and air! :happy: Guild Events: Halloween Watch-a-thon
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Da Web Revival
| |-+  ✁ ∙ Web Crafting
| | |-+  ☔︎ ∙ I need Help!
| | | |-+  HELP: gifs stop working after clicking iframe link?


« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print Embed
Author Topic: HELP: gifs stop working after clicking iframe link?  (Read 1719 times)
debleb
Sr. Member
****
View Profile WWW


He/him, scaley tailey dragon
⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
Great Posts PacmanFirst 1000 Members!Goose!High Speed Ozwomp!Joined 2022!
« on: Spring, 25 Mar 2023 @473 » Toggle Font Embed

so i'm working on changing my site to display content in an iframe instead of updating a billion and one different pages to change the navbar, but i just noticed that when i click the links that change what's in the iframe 2 of my gifs stop working?

you can see what i mean here

other gifs on the page seem to be fine it's just the lace and cloud ones on the top and bottom of the page. the way i set these up is that they're two background images of a div which covers the entire middle section and also provides the border for it. the gifs also stop in the iframe after clicking the link. anyone know why it does this?

Logged

"I would have thought you to be above something so banal as despair. Am I mistaken?"

https://dragcave.net/image/JeJE6.gifhttps://dragcave.net/image/MVIQA.gifhttps://dragcave.net/image/j3sRH.gif
Cele
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWW


⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
Great Posts PacmanFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #1 on: Spring, 25 Mar 2023 @582 » Toggle Font Embed

If it's just about the navbar, I suggest only making the navbar be in an iframe, not the content. This way, you only need to edit the navigation file, and the change appears everywhere on the site.

An issue here seems to be that if you wanted to display the content pages in an iframe, you'd have to make them so they don't have all those things at the side there, like the lace and the chocobo images etc. If you look at the image in my attachment, notice how it has the sides of the page twice? Not only around the content area as it should, but also inside the content box, before having another content box finally with the content. If you make your content in an iframe, only the index page has those sides defined, the content pages only have the content text, basically. I hope I explained that in a way that makes sense.

The reason why I'm explaining this although you might know it already (since you have parts of the site which display this correctly), is that the gifs only stop moving when I enter a page that displays the sides twice, and then click out of it. Other than that, the gifs move fine for me.



* 43567543.jpg (483.82 kB, 1298x896 - viewed 98 times.)
Logged

https://64.media.tumblr.com/f339750d47b841f86b411f210c89bc48/a3f9ac693d24060d-e8/s400x600/2fce684b29380077b902465628201ec7b63f98ff.png
http://www.tiptopglobe.com/userbar/7fa851235decd83fb1f04728a2473956.png
http://www.tiptopglobe.com/userbar/f082aecc2519321c0a13c39f701907bf.png
https://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/anim/normal/gothorita.gif
debleb
Sr. Member
****
View Profile WWW


He/him, scaley tailey dragon
⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
Great Posts PacmanFirst 1000 Members!Goose!High Speed Ozwomp!Joined 2022!
« Reply #2 on: Spring, 25 Mar 2023 @642 » Toggle Font Embed

If it's just about the navbar, I suggest only making the navbar be in an iframe, not the content. This way, you only need to edit the navigation file, and the change appears everywhere on the site.

An issue here seems to be that if you wanted to display the content pages in an iframe, you'd have to make them so they don't have all those things at the side there, like the lace and the chocobo images etc. If you look at the image in my attachment, notice how it has the sides of the page twice? Not only around the content area as it should, but also inside the content box, before having another content box finally with the content. If you make your content in an iframe, only the index page has those sides defined, the content pages only have the content text, basically. I hope I explained that in a way that makes sense.

The reason why I'm explaining this although you might know it already (since you have parts of the site which display this correctly), is that the gifs only stop moving when I enter a page that displays the sides twice, and then click out of it. Other than that, the gifs move fine for me.

oh yeah the pages are just like that bc i haven't finished yet lol
i did notice that they work more reliably on the formatted pages so it's probably something to do with that. if all else fails i'll try making the navbar into an iframe after i think.

Logged

"I would have thought you to be above something so banal as despair. Am I mistaken?"

https://dragcave.net/image/JeJE6.gifhttps://dragcave.net/image/MVIQA.gifhttps://dragcave.net/image/j3sRH.gif
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWWArt


So many stars!
⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
You're a Star!Flinstone VitaminWavy Shoulder-Length Hair with BangsBug!Top HatI got robbed by Dan Q on Melonland!
« Reply #3 on: Spring, 25 Mar 2023 @709 » Toggle Font Embed

Have you fixed this already? Based on your description it sounded like your browser was switching into power-saving mode and stopping animated backgrounds that it thinks are hidden behind a div! (It's a big issue I often have with my site too) However I can't replicate your stopped gifs in any of my browsers, so I dunno  :tongue:

Logged


everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered

Artifact Swap: Have a chillpillRed Tulip100 coins<3curious fish
debleb
Sr. Member
****
View Profile WWW


He/him, scaley tailey dragon
⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
Great Posts PacmanFirst 1000 Members!Goose!High Speed Ozwomp!Joined 2022!
« Reply #4 on: Spring, 25 Mar 2023 @751 » Toggle Font Embed

Have you fixed this already? Based on your description it sounded like your browser was switching into power-saving mode and stopping animated backgrounds that it thinks are hidden behind a div! (It's a big issue I often have with my site too) However I can't replicate your stopped gifs in any of my browsers, so I dunno  :tongue:

yeah it seems like it's basically completely fixed itself now that i've started changing the pages to work with the new layouts, so i suspect that's what it was. im glad because that looked like it was gonna be annoying to fix otherwise  :omg:

Logged

"I would have thought you to be above something so banal as despair. Am I mistaken?"

https://dragcave.net/image/JeJE6.gifhttps://dragcave.net/image/MVIQA.gifhttps://dragcave.net/image/j3sRH.gif
Pages: [1] Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Explore Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe