This zone is sleeping right now! ZzzZZzzz

Better not disturb it! ~You go to the petrol station and buy a slushy instead, everything is cool!~

This area will open again in 000.beats!

(Learn about Swatch Time)

Some other zones are awake :^]


Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 05 Oct 2026 - @889.06
Forum Activity: Two Stars Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: :wizard: You can make anything on the web! :wizard: Guild Events: weekly zine jam 15: dreams
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Da Web Revival
| |-+  ✁ ∙ Web Crafting
| | |-+  Do you guys use JS or any sort of scripting language to build your site?


« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print Embed
Author Topic: Do you guys use JS or any sort of scripting language to build your site?  (Read 9388 times)
pinkvampyr
Full Member ⚓︎
***
View Profile


Claire (he/him) pink/black color combo enjoyer
⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: pinkvampyr
XMPP: Chat!
iMood: pinkvampyr

Artifacts:
First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #30 on: Spring, 24 May 2023 @838 » Toggle Font Embed

i know absolutely nothing about javascript but i used zonelets to create my blog soooo

but now I'm wondering if maybe i shouldn't because its completely inaccessible without javascript :ohdear: maybe i'm overthinking tho

Logged

https://i.postimg.cc/tRFZrYmg/blinkies-Cafe-9u.gif https://i.postimg.cc/c4mKSPWy/blinkies-Cafe-ps.gif

Memory
Guest

« Reply #31 on: Spring, 24 May 2023 @857 » Embed

i know absolutely nothing about javascript but i used zonelets to create my blog soooo

but now I'm wondering if maybe i shouldn't because its completely inaccessible without javascript :ohdear: maybe i'm overthinking tho

Care to provide the link to your blog? I couldn't find it but I tested some other sites that use zonelets on a no-js browser and they worked just fine. Haven't deep dived into the code but I guess the files are static once generated.

Logged
pinkvampyr
Full Member ⚓︎
***
View Profile


Claire (he/him) pink/black color combo enjoyer
⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: pinkvampyr
XMPP: Chat!
iMood: pinkvampyr

Artifacts:
First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #32 on: Spring, 24 May 2023 @860 » Toggle Font Embed

Care to provide the link to your blog? I couldn't find it but I tested some other sites that use zonelets on a no-js browser and they worked just fine. Haven't deep dived into the code but I guess the files are static once generated.


here, it is super under construction right now but yeah i have a no-js extension and the links disappear when i enable it

Logged

https://i.postimg.cc/tRFZrYmg/blinkies-Cafe-9u.gif https://i.postimg.cc/c4mKSPWy/blinkies-Cafe-ps.gif

Memory
Guest

« Reply #33 on: Spring, 24 May 2023 @862 » Embed


here, it is super under construction right now but yeah i have a no-js extension and the links disappear when i enable it

Really? I just checked and it looks the same to me with either JS or no-JS, maybe I am doing something wrong but feel free to contact me if you need any help  :transport:
(your blog layout is also very cute!!!)


edit: no you are right! I was doing it all wrong, sorry for the trouble, I forgot to restart the browser when disabling js   :drat:  :drat:

« Last Edit: Spring, 24 May 2023 @881 by Memory » Logged
pinkvampyr
Full Member ⚓︎
***
View Profile


Claire (he/him) pink/black color combo enjoyer
⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: pinkvampyr
XMPP: Chat!
iMood: pinkvampyr

Artifacts:
First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #34 on: Spring, 24 May 2023 @871 » Toggle Font Embed

edit: ah ok all is resolved! anyway i was just saying that since having no javascript donks up the layout, maybe i should figure something else out.

« Last Edit: Spring, 24 May 2023 @886 by pinkvampyr » Logged

https://i.postimg.cc/tRFZrYmg/blinkies-Cafe-9u.gif https://i.postimg.cc/c4mKSPWy/blinkies-Cafe-ps.gif

Còbra!
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWW


’S fhearr Albais bhriste na Albais sa chiste
⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: cobradile
Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!
iMood: Cobradile
Itch.io: My Games
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Great Posts PacmanHappy Birthday 2k24 !First 1000 Members!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #35 on: Spring, 24 May 2023 @945 » Toggle Font Embed

I think Javascript has it's place, especially if you use something like Neocities, which doesn't allow PHP. You can use Javascript to have consistent pages without needing framesets or iframes.

I use Javascript for language purposes, so I can provide different language versions of the same site text without using another page.

There's also a pretty cool game engine, Phaser, that uses Javascript.

That said, not all browsers support Javascript, and many use something like NoScript to disable it on browsers that do, so I think it's good to prepare for that, so I use the noscript tag a lot, just in case.

Logged


http://internetometer.com/image/51163.png

https://i.imgur.com/leo4ZYP.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/C3gPKb3.png"He/Him (Nature green star)""Cis Ally""Pan: Straight Lean"https://i.imgur.com/kI850Ts.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/pkY2oAO.pnghttps://imgur.com/QUBFnZD.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/cjVsXOX.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/G8AyR6r.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/0HBKL8H.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/YMPbu9R.png

“Snooping as usual, I see?”
shevek
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWW


˚₊⁀꒷₊˚︰₊︶꒦꒷₊⊹︰꒷
⛺︎ My Room
iMood: daintyeco

Artifacts:
Great Posts PacmanThanks for being rad!First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #36 on: Summer, 16 Jun 2023 @514 » Toggle Font Embed

In case it is helpful for some and their projects, this site lists some lightweight JavaScript libraries to enhance HTML.

HTMX and Strawberry might be the most interesting to us here.

Logged

Odo was just an idea. Shevek is the proof.
kurohaato
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWW


Full Steam Ahead! (≧∀≦)ゞ
⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: rinrinrin
Matrix: Chat!
iMood: kurohaato

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
BobYellow FishThe World's Cutest Predator BurbyFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #37 on: Summer, 16 Jun 2023 @649 » Toggle Font Embed

I use some javascript on my site, usually for fun little toys and stuff like that. I'm still learning, so everything's super simple at the moment :grin:

Logged

It ain't much but it's honest work

Artifact Swap: Snail Mail
Quinn
Casual Poster
*
View Profile WWW


EW THERE IS A THIN SLUG ON TEH GROUND *braf*
⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: riley
iMood: riley_
PicMix: xXQuinn.CatastropheXx

Artifacts:
First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #38 on: Summer, 22 Jun 2023 @760 » Toggle Font Embed

only a tiny bit for a random number generator. i'm thinking of using it to make a webring though.

Logged

https://64.media.tumblr.com/b5d7151cfcba2af31612ae427c05ca2c/8904d1d2a4a4666a-ee/s400x600/e146b4b5ef34958fb83c0060031eb40a29813fdd.gifvhttps://i5.glitter-graphics.org/pub/1182/1182835sagawn4jzu.gifhttps://64.media.tumblr.com/156d6ba2b04697804fd8f1b8d0b345ce/4d7db10d32e5503b-eb/s640x960/f94f16f3c87376ac8b965c04bd9870fc70110e1d.gifvhttps://64.media.tumblr.com/5306e2651fbcb88fb08d59f8724ce476/64ec32ea8203b327-ac/s250x400/caca62c2de179b609040fe55f9141a5f5202edbc.gifv
https://jassumkiddos.neocities.org/Images/Buttons/Deletetiktok.jpghttps://msx.gay/buttons/pride/gay.gifhttps://zanarkand.neocities.org/mybuttons/banner5.gifhttps://keysklubhouse.com/collect/88x31/blm.png
Memory
Guest

« Reply #39 on: Summer, 22 Jun 2023 @912 » Embed

I use JavaScript for my navigation menus since it's a pain in the ass to update them manually on every single page... :ohdear: I'm not the most experienced in using JavaScript though

Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Explore Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe