Home Events! Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
October 18, 2024 - @400.22 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Stars Posts: 27/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :4u: Love is not possession  :4u:
Halloween Topics! Gfx + Costumes, Decor + Crafts, Prep, Horror Movies, Spooky Songs! ~ E-Zine #2 is out now!

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Art & Games
| |-+  ♖ ∙ Video Games
| | |-+  Which Pikmin would you recomend

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Which Pikmin would you recomend  (Read 517 times)
phexe
Casual Poster ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: phexe
iMood: phexe

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: June 23, 2023 @796.32 »

Hi everyone! With all the buzz around pikmin 4 and that amazing direct we just got its made me super super excited to play it. I want to play a older one before i play 4 as they seem like the games id love but im unsure on which one to get out of the new 1+2 bundle to follow the story or pikmin 3 deluxe as it looks closer to pikmin 4. I can only get one

If we have any pikmin fans here id love to hear what you recommend!

akesi
Casual Poster ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2023 @892.79 »

all of the games are good options!

pikmin 1 is super short compared to the others, but pikmin 2 is BY FAR the longest, and is my personal favorite -- i'd say it probably has twice as much content as pikmin 3, but it also can be the most difficult. mechanically, pikmin 3 probably has some of the most fun gameplay (i love getting to multitask by managing 3 captains at once), but the game felt like it went by too quickly, at least for me

personally i think starting with the originals is the best way to be introduced to the series (and you can better appreciate all the new kinds of pikmin added in the different games, rather than feeling like something's missing if you play them in reverse order)

(another thought: pikmin 4 kinda looks like it's bringing back a lot of mechanics from pikmin 2 (like caves, treasure, upgrades, so pikmin 2 might actually be the most "similar")
« Last Edit: June 23, 2023 @894.83 by akesi » Logged
Memory
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2023 @998.82 »

that's tough. I'd say 2 for all of the reasons akesi did, plus it's a much longer experience than 3. 3 looks nicer but is soooooooo short. still a good game worth playing but if you can only get one... 2.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Obligatory topic where i recomend my favourite movie! (Tetsuo the iron man)

Started by tarocchillaBoard ⛺︎ ∙ Cinema

Replies: 2
Views: 1135
Last post December 01, 2022 @126.63
by Wobblegong
Why do you watch YouTube?

Started by MelooonBoard ⛺︎ ∙ Cinema

Replies: 60
Views: 8623
Last post September 07, 2024 @193.80
by halcybutton
Underappreciated YouTube Channels You Want to Share

Started by MemoryBoard ⛺︎ ∙ Cinema

Replies: 64
Views: 7452
Last post October 09, 2024 @540.78
by xwindows

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi