This zone is sleeping right now! ZzzZZzzz

Better not disturb it! ~You go to the petrol station and buy a slushy instead, everything is cool!~

This area will open again in 000.beats!

(Learn about Swatch Time)

Some other zones are awake :^]


Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 05 Oct 2026 - @886.97
Forum Activity: Two Stars Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: :happy: Open the all windows! Your mind needs storms and air! :happy: Guild Events: MelonLand's Seasonal RPG Jam
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Art & Writing
| |-+  ✎ ∙ Art
| | |-+  HELP: How do you go about editing gifs?


« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print Embed
Author Topic: HELP: How do you go about editing gifs?  (Read 2737 times)
OneMillionFurries
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWW


Gettin silly with it
⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
specimenThanks for being rad!First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: Summer, 08 Jul 2023 @538 » Toggle Font Embed

Hey there! I'm wondering if anyone has any insight on how they go about editing already existing GIFs? I really want to make a custom forum signature of 2 Robo-Ky sprites running into each other and exploding, but I don't really know how to do that and google isn't really helping.

I'm looking to make the GIF in this sort of "style":
https://64.media.tumblr.com/0cb203bc5053684d240621dabef4374c/803bf1636de70172-d4/s1280x1920/0f4198e7cc491fa37233314154e4d843168ba37d.gifv
https://64.media.tumblr.com/9db8e5bee04bb6d20ce3da5581f2ba8c/235bae18aa686ac8-5f/s540x810/cf5ddffb22c45900ae8ab791df532cbedc2bf3d3.gifv
https://64.media.tumblr.com/6dd8f7837a16a52dd78e0f989c52a27b/1de420361cb76046-16/s500x750/b7efbc2ff2f17f62aaa58c1053efcf4291956915.gifv

Any help at all would be appreciated! Thank you!

(P.S. sorry if this isn't the right board for this! I don't know if this would go in the "Help & Tutorials" board bc it's more about just making a GIF than actually using it on a website.)

Logged

https://onemillionfurries.com/graphics/misc/bh%20ad.gif
https://onemillionfurries.com/graphics/misc/Robokyskateexplode.gif
shevek
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWW


˚₊⁀꒷₊˚︰₊︶꒦꒷₊⊹︰꒷
⛺︎ My Room
iMood: daintyeco

Artifacts:
Great Posts PacmanThanks for being rad!First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: Summer, 08 Jul 2023 @549 » Toggle Font Embed

Hey, maybe ezgif could help you with some of this! It’s a nice gif editor website with lots of options.

Logged

Odo was just an idea. Shevek is the proof.
OneMillionFurries
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWW


Gettin silly with it
⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
specimenThanks for being rad!First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #2 on: Summer, 08 Jul 2023 @560 » Toggle Font Embed

Hey, maybe ezgif could help you with some of this! It’s a nice gif editor website with lots of options.

Not sure. I'm checking out the website and it doesn't seem to like, actually let me create a "canvas" to move the gifs and stuff with?

Logged

https://onemillionfurries.com/graphics/misc/bh%20ad.gif
https://onemillionfurries.com/graphics/misc/Robokyskateexplode.gif
shevek
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWW


˚₊⁀꒷₊˚︰₊︶꒦꒷₊⊹︰꒷
⛺︎ My Room
iMood: daintyeco

Artifacts:
Great Posts PacmanThanks for being rad!First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #3 on: Summer, 08 Jul 2023 @582 » Toggle Font Embed

Not sure. I'm checking out the website and it doesn't seem to like, actually let me create a "canvas" to move the gifs and stuff with?

You have to break it down into different steps, basically a workflow. Gifs like your examples are usually created via turning parts of videos into gifs. So download a video via a downloader site, use ezgifs video to gif editor, and afterwards use other edit options on their site to make the background transparent, add effects and so on. Inbetween you might need to use your software of choice (GIMP, Photoshop..) to get a canvas where you can position parts of, or different gifs you created. But most if it you should be able to do on their site. Creating gifs can be a bit elaborate.

Logged

Odo was just an idea. Shevek is the proof.
Memory
Guest

« Reply #4 on: Summer, 09 Jul 2023 @345 » Embed

I had the same question a while ago and I ended up finding a process that works for me, but you have to jump through programs. I personally do it like this:
I put the gifs in a video editor and place them like I want, then I export the video and convert it to gif using a program or an online tool. If I want to make the background color transparent, remove extra frames, or do other adjustments I use Microsoft GIF Animator. Also if you plan on using this method on pixel art it might not look that good depending on the video resolution.
I hope this isn't too confusing, I'm not a pro at making gifs. :sad:

Logged
Pages: [1] Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Explore Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe