Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 06 Oct 2026 - @323.14
Forum Activity: Three Stars Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: inconvenience is counterculture :eyes: Guild Events: TIME FOR HALLOWEEN CRAFTS!
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Earth & Interests
| |-+  © ∙ Music
| | |-+  share your music recommendations!


« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print Embed
Author Topic: share your music recommendations!  (Read 5570 times)
fablefound
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWW


they/them
⛺︎ My Room
Itch.io: My Games

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Joined 2024!
« Reply #15 on: Winter, 08 Feb 2026 @796 » Toggle Font Embed

hellooooo, melonland!

first of all, can't wait to deep dive on some of the stuff mentioned here--i love going down musical rabbitholes.

second of all, i scrounged together some recs of my own. specifically, i went through my rateyourmusic page and looked for any non-anglosphere/j-pop options. here's what i got...

ahmed malek - algerian composer. he's on my "instrumentals to read/write to" playlist.  :ok:


hailu mergia - ethiopian jazz artist. dude's got a large body of work and also features heavily in my reading/writing instrumentals playlist. really quite delightful.


faye wong - lovely dreamy mandopop to check out if you haven't already...


memory drawers - i genuinely don't even recall how i found these guys, but they're a lovely manila-based band doing great indie pop-rock stuff.


grace jones - probably the biggest name i'm mentioning here and yes one squarely in the anglosphere but!! i like her stuff!!! british-jamaican legend who was also a mode and actress. started in disco and then became a new wave legend.

Logged

neocities
https://64.media.tumblr.com/675eae3dd8a496506c935c06793b245b/tumblr_inline_p7syo7z5iN1rw5v7g_75sq.pnja laugh can be a very powerful thing. why, sometimes in life, it's the only weapon we have.https://64.media.tumblr.com/8e49c3d785fd9ee0e1d9dbac48ee31f1/tumblr_inline_p7syo8AjMX1rw5v7g_75sq.pnj
https://web.archive.org/web/20090728050500/http://www.geocities.com/john_jessica/Barfairymagic.gif
https://64.media.tumblr.com/03416b0ebb68bed78f1a3ab1f7a1849e/338d8dd360da2e72-ad/s1280x1920/2899a20f67237800ced2832b9474a853a22a2756.jpg
infinitysnapz
Casual Poster
*
View Profile


[Sample Text] - Add subtitle here
⛺︎ My Room

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Joined 2025!
« Reply #16 on: Spring, 20 Mar 2026 @195 » Embed

mooostly just Things I Like, but here's a few:

Underworld - Cups


will recommend underworld at probably every given opportunity. i've always liked their abstract lyrics, and their interesting processing techniques. there's a good 30 years worth of music to pick from. this particular track is chillout material (until the sudden change around 8 mins lol)


Mezzoforte - Early Autumn


early 1980s icelandic jazz fusion! easy listening, good fun


Tangerine Dream - Force Majeure


1970s electronic music by pioneering band Tangerine Dream. mostly ambient soundscapes, but there's also a fair bit of rock-iness too

Logged

Bleoaurgh
chamodon
Jr. Member ⚓︎
**
View Profile WWWArt


i suffer from the terrible clarity of my vision
⛺︎ My Room
iMood: chamodon

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Joined 2026!
« Reply #17 on: Summer, 01 Aug 2026 @277 » Toggle Font Embed

rubs my grubby lil hands together.. sorry this is gonna be a lotta metal LOL

  • nightwish - finnish symphonic/orchestral metal. i rec listening to human ii nature or dark passion play depending on what you like ( human ii nature is more symphonic and dark passion play is heavier instrumentally! )
  • bloodywood - indian nu/folk metal. my fav album of theirs is rakshak!
  • abhi the nomad - indian alt hip-hop. his 'catharsis' ep is my fav!!
  • powerwolf - german power metal. affectionately referred to as 'werewolf metal'. highly rec the sacrament of sin!
  • creepy nuts - japanese hip-hop. legion is awesome. you might know them from dandadan's opening or mashle's opening!!
  • gojira - french heavy metal. any of their albums are a solid choice for a first listen tbh. they rule

:dog: hope u enjoy!!! ur thread is giving me things to listen to as well :3 let's all find new music.. together... *holds my paw out*

Logged

https://file.garden/ZrfXpRyrrgxh46e2/not%20art/humid.png
asahelix
Jr. Member ⚓︎
**
View Profile WWWArt


What does personal text mean
⛺︎ My Room
iMood: asahelix

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!SerperiorLemmingWhite MageJoined 2026!
« Reply #18 on: Summer, 11 Aug 2026 @822 » Toggle Font Embed

I must admit, my music taste is kinda surface level all things considered lol. Here's a few bands and a song from each that I really enjoy. Maybe you can see how crazy my taste in music is even if it's kinda boring lmfao.


Re-Hash - Gorillaz



Ágætis byrjun - Sigur Rós



Heresy - Nine Inch Nails


Disintegration - The Cure


Disorder - Joy Division


One Foot In Front Of The Other - Bone Symphony


Milk & Cereal - G. Love & Special Sauce


Interpol - Evil


Burgundy Years (Remix) - Joy Electric


Global Chaos - KT, HEX (don't watch if you're photosensitive.)


Can Can World - Makkeroni


Pick Up the Phone - The Notwist


Jocko Homo - DEVO


Even Flow - Pearl Jam


Clark Gable - The Postal Service


Silver - Echo & the Bunnymen


Friends Of P. - The Rentals


Wild Sex (In The Working Class) - Oingo Boingo


Send Me on My Way - Rusted Root


Angel Of Death - Slayer


Mrs. Robinson - Simon & Garfunkel


ちょこっとLOVE - プッチモニ


Space Dog - Sana


I2I - Tevin Campbell, Rosie Gaines


Eyepennies - Sparklehorse


The Flower Called Nowhere - Stereolab


Anarchy in the UK - Sex Pistols


REM - Losing My Religion


Lay Me Down - The Mock Turtles


Nookie - Limp Bizkit


I'd Like Your Hair Long - HUM


Besides stuff like this, I also listen to a lot of video game and tracker music. Here's examples of both combined:

Yehat - Star Control 2 OST


Autonomous - Bejeweled OST


Level 1 - Gadget Twins (Unreleased Amiga Game) OST


I urge anyone reading this to PLEASE check out tracker music as a whole. It's an incredible art form.

I also hope that these suggestions reaches SOMEONE and broadens their musical horizons just a bit!!!

Logged

https://blob.gifcities.org/gifcities/ALFVVBPOXIRCQGCFCFHOBJSEOWYAGINL.gif
"Yeah, you abused the power of the birthday wish and brought this bad luck on all of us."

Artifact Swap: Smeef
MrsMoe
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWWArt


Your friendly neighborhood living dead girl
⛺︎ My Room

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Deviantart Llama!Great Posts PacmanFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #19 on: Summer, 12 Aug 2026 @022 » Embed

Gonna do something a bit weird and share one song that represents every type of music that I listen to:

Lullaby - The Cure:




Frou-Frou Foxes in Midsommar Fires - Cocteau Twins:



Time - Pink Floyd:



Every Day is Exactly The Same - Nine Inch Nails:



O'Children - Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds:



People II: The Reckoning - AJJ:



Dead Man's Party - Oingo Boingo:


Logged

https://blinkies.cafe/b/display/0113-autism.gifhttps://blinkies.cafe/b/display/0021-vampirefangs.gifhttps://blinkies.cafe/b/display/0182-halloweencathouse.gifhttps://i.postimg.cc/02L6smjc/ezgif-7-ebef155de1.gifhttps://64.media.tumblr.com/e53076104c8d22ed3d272d62cc8fccfa/88280e3f54890c11-c1/s250x400/aa5c1239ea59888acaa71ad26271790a794ccc5d.gifvhttps://blinkies.cafe/b/display/0138-greenglow.gif
https://i.ibb.co/Lzg2SZj/tumblr-5afbadec7c65089061ba8cfa48b57bc8-469c61aa-100.webphttps://tinyurl.com/yn2v726zhttps://tinyurl.com/39tjbzfmhttps://tinyurl.com/32x3t38jhttps://tinyurl.com/2ybkhmh5https://tinyurl.com/2ue7d945https://tinyurl.com/493hsx5phttps://tinyurl.com/ye28hzrphttps://64.media.tumblr.com/92ec86321325be8fac199fecef8fd7b0/tumblr_ptpl0x7U4o1y8ua8do1_100.gifv
ernopolis
Newbie ⚓︎
*
View Profile WWW


⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!

Artifacts:
Joined 2026!
« Reply #20 on: Autumn, 02 Oct 2026 @724 » Embed

I have written down my friend's old songs on my site here.

He is an excellent composer and musician, but he has recently unlisted some songs he had up on Youtube for some reason.

Also, because I deleted my Google Account, my comments on those videos have also disappeared. But before deleting everything I made a backup with Google Takeout, so I still have all of the comments I had ever made and my playlists and such - (which I have imported into FreeTube and Metrolist so I can keep using them)
I have the comments next to each video in question on the page.

Anyway, I just want to share some of his work because I like it a lot and I think it deserves some attention.

Logged

-Ernopolis
Pip
Jr. Member ⚓︎
**
View Profile WWW


Phlogs > Blogs
⛺︎ My Room

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
TrumpetJoined 2026!
« Reply #21 on: Today at @197 » Embed

I'm always down to talk music!  :ozwomp:

I actually do a lot of music collecting, I like to have both physical and digital copies of everything from video game OSTs to local indie artists and such. I do my best to keep track of things like the year something was released, what album it was from, you know; all that good stuff. However I will say that I don't often keep track of where a particular artist is from, that's something I should retroactively try to fill out because it's actually an interesting part to include in my opinion, so thank you for bringing that to my attention!

That being said, allow me a moment to recommend a random assortment of music for ya!


First up, a personal favorite of mine would be The Maxwell Implosion - Small Circle of Friends from 2002. According to Discogs it's a Downtempo Electronic album that comes from Germany. It has a lot of interesting tracks, some I'd describe as being atmospheric; others maybe psychedelic? My favorite tracks on the album would have to be The Upper Left Hand and Treat Her Groovy.

Another great downtempo type album would be AIR French Band - Moon Safari from 1998! I admit that I don't know whether the official name of the band is AIR or AIR French Band, I've heard it both ways. While Discogs doesn't list a location like it does for some albums, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say these guys might be French. The album is described as Electronic Pop, as well as Downtempo, Dream Pop, and Synth Pop.

If these albums are a little too slow for ya then you might enjoy checking out Starjunk 95! Starjunk is a modern artist who's work I mainly find on YouTube, they produce a variety of genres; but primarily stick to funky upbeat techno. There's a lot of clear inspiration from Future Funk, Hip Hop, and Techno. If you enjoy music from games like JetSet Radio then Starjunk 95 would probably be to your liking as well! Personal recommendations would probably be City Girl and Groove District!

If you're interested in more ambient, chill music; I really vibe with
from 2001! It captures the feeling of older, classic vaporwave and has been described as Slushwave, and Dreampunk neither of which I've never heard of before the album in question.

I have a ton of music to recommend depending on what you're looking for. If you have any specific vibes or genres you enjoy I can very likely cater my recommendations to that.

haha, this specific album is the ONLY thing that can get me to study typically, even other ambient and adjacent music simply does not work!

Logged

Live, Laugh, Shart
Pages: 1 [2] Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Explore Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe