Home Events! Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
October 18, 2024 - @329.83 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Stars Posts: 27/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :skull: Websites are like whispers in the night  :skull:
Halloween Topics! Gfx + Costumes, Decor + Crafts, Prep, Horror Movies, Spooky Songs! ~ E-Zine #2 is out now!

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ☞ ∙ Life on the Web
| | |-+  What introduced you to Neocities?

« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: What introduced you to Neocities?  (Read 1836 times)
Neonriser
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Creator of Nett

⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: neonriser
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2024 @893.48 »

I feel I've told this story before, but I discovered Neocities in a web search when I got bored (as usual) and thought making a web page would be cool. I checked out the website and explored many of its sites, such as Exopet and Fauxx.

And then I thought "Wow, that's a cool place, I'm going to put a website on there just for fun" and the rest was history.

Web design is my passion!

Memory
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2024 @932.97 »

I couldn't find a topic asking this question, so I decided to create one!

In case you are in the dark about what Neocities is, I suggest you read this. I would have explained it myself, though I reckoned the official info page would certainly be more accurate!

Here's my story with Neocities:

Back in 2020, I found a piece of fan art on DeviantArt which would catch my attention. I searched up the media it was referencing and I soon stumbled across the "Randal's Friends" (Ranfren) project by captainhowdie through the official website. If you have browsed Neocities for a while, you must have seen it somewhere.

Believe it or not, up until this point I had no interaction with static websites and this came as a total surprise! I used to use specific social media sites I liked the most and browsed the web for mainly art-related guides. In short, I was completely unaware of what I had stepped on.

As I engaged with the project, I gradually became a fan myself. I commented on captainhowdie's DeviantArt profile expressing my enthusiasm for the comics, including a side note asking how the website was made. I was lucky enough to receive a reply which went something along the lines of: «I used HTML and Neocities has some great tutorials for beginners». You can pretty much guess what happened afterwards.

This singular random comment had such an important impact on my life. Not only was the discovery of Neocities a fresh change, but also a provision for brand new skills that would help me to grow as an artist. I would have missed out on so many great things if it wasn't for all of this.

How were you introduced to Neocities? Did it made an impact on your experience with the web or life in any way?

My neocities is a huge wip so I haven't shared it yet. But a while back I was looking through the pronouns page of someone who was part of a small online community I was in. They had their neocities in their links, genesisonpawz.neocities.org and thought the concept was pretty cool. I made a profile a few weeks later and I've been learning html and css ever since.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

I need help with neocities

Started by Kane VirkutisBoard ☔︎ ∙ I need Help!

Replies: 1
Views: 1800
Last post February 25, 2022 @609.50
by Melooon
Where are IPFS backups on Neocities? ANSWERED!

Started by ellievoyydBoard ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 3
Views: 2188
Last post March 17, 2022 @162.86
by PAINTKILLER
Neocities on Polygon!

Started by MelooonBoard ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links

Replies: 9
Views: 2433
Last post June 18, 2023 @827.12
by Melooon

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi