This zone is sleeping right now! ZzzZZzzz

Better not disturb it! ~You go to the petrol station and buy a slushy instead, everything is cool!~

This area will open again in 000.beats!

(Learn about Swatch Time)

Some other zones are awake :^]


Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 28 Sep 2026 - @890.65
Forum Activity: Two Stars Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: :cry: Are u having fun? Guild Events: MelonLand's Seasonal RPG Jam
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Moon Park
| |-+  ⛄︎ ∙ MelonLand Info & Questions
| | |-+  Help me solve an issue with the melonland banner/ad system


« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print Embed
Author Topic: Help me solve an issue with the melonland banner/ad system  (Read 1983 times)
Kie
Jr. Member ⚓︎
**
View Profile WWWArt


I won a typo chapmionship once actualyl
⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: kie
iMood: Awwkie

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Joined 2025!
« on: Summer, 22 Aug 2025 @385 » Toggle Font Embed

Hey guys!! :seal: I come to you to ask for help.

I really like the idea of the Melonland banner system! I've uploaded an ad myself months ago and kept the widget on my site ever since.
Recently, I've unfortunately noticed a couple of ads that include fashing, eyestrain, or rapidly moving images that cause a lot of visual clutter. This is a problem for me, because I'm disabled and visual elements with those characteristics are not accessible for me.

Only a couple of the banners in the system have this issue, but I try to keep my website accessible, so it's still a problem for me. And since we can't pick which ads show in the widget, I've been considering removing it form my site altogether. But I feel bad, because my banner is in the system, so I feel like the least I can do is having the banner on my site somewhere yk!

Does anyone have any creative solutions I have not considered?

Logged

Oh shit I have to come up with a signature!! :drat:
https://files.catbox.moe/zn85kb.png
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWWArt


So many stars!
⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
You're a Star!Flinstone VitaminWavy Shoulder-Length Hair with BangsBug!Top HatI got robbed by Dan Q on Melonland!
« Reply #1 on: Summer, 22 Aug 2025 @536 » Toggle Font Embed

U can pause gifs using something like this ~ maybe I should built it in somehow!

Alternatively, on my site I just dim the opacity of banners so they are less visually heavy unless you hover them.

A final option would be to hide the banner in a wooden box with a sign saying "warning banners inside!" and then make it so if you click the box it sets the banners freeee  :cheerR:

Logged


everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered

Artifact Swap: black n cyan yappin kittayHave a chillpillThe Wizards OrbRed Tulip100 coins<3eyntivemds pet fishcurious fish
Kie
Jr. Member ⚓︎
**
View Profile WWWArt


I won a typo chapmionship once actualyl
⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: kie
iMood: Awwkie

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Joined 2025!
« Reply #2 on: Summer, 22 Aug 2025 @630 » Toggle Font Embed

U can pause gifs using something like this ~ maybe I should built it in somehow!

Alternatively, on my site I just dim the opacity of banners so they are less visually heavy unless you hover them.

Thanks Melon!! I'll try some of these ideas and see what sticks

Logged

Oh shit I have to come up with a signature!! :drat:
https://files.catbox.moe/zn85kb.png
Pages: [1] Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Explore Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe