Home Events! Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
October 18, 2024 - @763.10 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Stars Posts: 28/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :dive: Are u having fun?? :dive:
Halloween Topics! Gfx + Costumes, Decor + Crafts, Prep, Horror Movies, Spooky Songs! ~ E-Zine #2 is out now!

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ❤︎ ∙ Greetings and Introductions
| | |-+  Hi! :-)

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Hi! :-)  (Read 528 times)
chicken
Casual Poster

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: August 15, 2023 @819.29 »

Hello all! I'm Rosco, and I'm very happy to be here! :dog:

I'm a mostly digital artist who loves old TV and music and chickens! My current obsession is Star Trek; right now I'm in season 3 of DS9! :-D I also love video-games, and my all-time favorite game is Spore! (I have more about my interests in my profile!)

I've always had a fondness for the early web, but I was too young to really appreciate it before it was gone; I've had a lot of spare time recently and now I'd love to get more into it! I found MelonLand through a tumblr post I believe, and I am very glad I did! I love the ideas behind the web revival, and though for personal reasons I can't separate myself from social media entirely, joining this forum and starting my own website have given me a great place to get away from all that.

Speaking of which, I do have a website as of 2 weeks ago! Alas, it is a very big work in progress--I have only a very basic knowledge of HTML and CSS that I've garnered over the years, although I'm reading and learning more about it now! When my site has some level of functionality I'll be happy to share it here! I'm quite new to a lot of these things, but excited to learn :-)

My message box is always open. See y'all around the forum! :melon:

Memory
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2023 @87.91 »

Hello and welcome Rosco! We're very happy to have you here too :D

What breed of chicken is your favourite? I'm quite partial to cows myself, but I must admit that I love all farm animals! And how are you finding DS9? I've yet to watch that show, but I'm currently in the middle of watching Voyager! Have you watched any other Star Trek series before?

Also, congratulations on getting your website up! I'm looking forward to seeing it if you ever feel comfortable sharing it, but no pressure! Wishing you well  :dive: !
chicken
Casual Poster

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2023 @147.81 »

Hello and welcome Rosco! We're very happy to have you here too :D

What breed of chicken is your favourite? I'm quite partial to cows myself, but I must admit that I love all farm animals! And how are you finding DS9? I've yet to watch that show, but I'm currently in the middle of watching Voyager! Have you watched any other Star Trek series before?

Also, congratulations on getting your website up! I'm looking forward to seeing it if you ever feel comfortable sharing it, but no pressure! Wishing you well  :dive: !

Thank you so much! :4u:

It's a tough choice, but I think I'd have to say Brahmas! I have 2 light Brahma hens myself, and a buff Brahma rooster, + his two sons... they have so much personality, they can be bossy but are so big and pretty, I adore them. Salmon Faverolles are a close second--that's the breed I chose for my fursona, after all! I've never owned one, but they seem so lovely.

Cows are so cute too! We actually bought a cow earlier this year and I've always enjoyed cows, but owning one is getting to see firsthand how silly they really are. My dog sometimes sneaks off to the front pasture of our yard to hang out with her; he's become best friends with our bovine, and often comes back covered in cowlicks!

DS9 is a blast! I had heard nothing but good things before I started DS9 and when I could finally watch I have not once been disappointed--it is an INCREDIBLY good series (though, admittedly, I would say that about every other Star Trek I've watched, too :dive:). I've also watched TOS and TNG, and all the TOS movies (I've been going in order of release), and absolutely adored them all! My mom watched lots of Star Trek while I was growing up, especially DS9 and VOY, but it took me until September last year to finally sit down and actually start watching. I'm very excited for Voyager, it seems super interesting! (and I want to know more about Tuvok :-D)

And thank you, I really appreciate it! I'm hoping being here will help motivate me to work on it more :-) It's very bare-bones right now, but I hope to change that real soon!

Memory
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2023 @562.87 »

Oh, Brahma chickens are just so cute! Same with Salmon Faverolles... They look so fluffy! I've never kept chickens myself, but my friend has and I learnt very quickly how much personality they have LOL. I tried feeding them at some point and OUCH!! I don't blame them though, sometimes I get too excited for food too...  :dive:

I am... FOREVER jealous that you keep cows! I've always wanted one ever since I was a child because they're my favourite animal! I've seen a lot of videos though and I interact with them a lot given that I live in a mining/farming village, and I think cows are best described as big puppies when they're happy! So it doesn't surprise me that your dog and cow get along so well  :4u: .

That's so cool that your mom watched a lot of Star Trek when you were growing up, because my mom did too! I also think it was DS9 that she enjoyed the most, but I've "seen" every series throughout my childhood. I'd like to go back and actually watch them all, especially considering my partner is a huuuuge trekkie, but they started me out on Voyager and I think it was the right choice! Janeway my beloved...

I hope you're doing well and that you enjoy your time here!
chicken
Casual Poster

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2023 @835.29 »

Oh, Brahma chickens are just so cute! Same with Salmon Faverolles... They look so fluffy! I've never kept chickens myself, but my friend has and I learnt very quickly how much personality they have LOL. I tried feeding them at some point and OUCH!! I don't blame them though, sometimes I get too excited for food too...  :dive:

I am... FOREVER jealous that you keep cows! I've always wanted one ever since I was a child because they're my favourite animal! I've seen a lot of videos though and I interact with them a lot given that I live in a mining/farming village, and I think cows are best described as big puppies when they're happy! So it doesn't surprise me that your dog and cow get along so well  :4u: .

That's so cool that your mom watched a lot of Star Trek when you were growing up, because my mom did too! I also think it was DS9 that she enjoyed the most, but I've "seen" every series throughout my childhood. I'd like to go back and actually watch them all, especially considering my partner is a huuuuge trekkie, but they started me out on Voyager and I think it was the right choice! Janeway my beloved...

I hope you're doing well and that you enjoy your time here!

They are SO fluffy, I adore them! They really do have such colorful personalities, and voracious appetites, too! I've been pecked my fair share of times--I know it's only curiosity, but sometimes I think my chicks are pinching me on purpose!

"Clara III"
"A closeup image of the face of a white cow."
[close]

I give you the gift of cow pic! :unite: Being able to own one has given me a new appreciation for them, they really are like big puppies! She even likes to chase our truck up the fence sometimes when we're going down the driveway. Getting to interact with them lots must be a joy!

And WOAH, really!? That is so cool! I've only been able to remember small bits and pieces from when I was a kid and would sit and watch with her while doing homework or something, but it's created these incredible "deja-vu" moments while I watch sometimes that keeps me thinking, wait, have I seen this!? I'm glad that you're enjoying Voyager so far, from what I've heard it seems super good! (and I know my mom likes it lots! LOL)

Thank you so much! I hope you're well too, and that you have a great day! :4u:

Memory
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2023 @539.81 »

I give you the gift of cow pic!
This Clara III selfie has been the highlight of my week, thank you so much for sharing her with me! What a gorgeous girl... She sounds like such a fun loving creature, I wish badly to pet her. Please pet her for me :transport: !!!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi