Home Events! Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
September 08, 2024 - @129.32 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Two Stars Posts: 17/1k.beats ~ Boop! The forum will close in 871.beats! Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :transport: :transport: More is More :transport: :transport:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ☞ ∙ Life on the Web
| | |-+  ⛽︎ ∙ Technology & Archiving
| | | |-+  Decentralizing your entertainment

« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Decentralizing your entertainment  (Read 1409 times)
spiralstaircase
Casual Poster ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2023 @513.96 »

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks like this! I've always had the dream of, like, "dissecting" my computer and my phone's programs in a way. I've thought of getting a CD player instead of Spotify (and maybe even ditching Spotify for just downloading music!), getting a camera to take pictures, getting a DVD player, etc. etc. etc.. Hell, I've even thought of getting a 'dumb phone' just so I can stop using social media so much and just have a phone for the essentials (but that's a topic for another post) But unfortunately, my family is very anti-clutter and love having everything clean and organised, so I'd probably just have to keep all that stuff in my room and super well organised. And hidden away, probably. :tongue:
I love the idea of being more in touch with music, with shows, etc. Listening to a song on Spotify, though it's easier, has less charm compared to going to buy a CD and taking the time to pop it into a CD player. By using physical media you are going to develop more of a connection with whatever thing you're buying. Going to the store, looking for the movie you want, buying it, taking it home with you, and physically inserting it inside a little slot and watching it on your television... And the menu screens! God, the menu screens... That's part of the reason I'd never use Netflix or whatever streaming service is popular right now.

There's not a soul listening to this recording.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi