Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 01 Oct 2026 - @230.51
Forum Activity: Five Stars Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: :defrag: Lo and Behold :defrag: Guild Events: MelonLand's Seasonal RPG Jam
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Art & Writing
| |-+  ✑ ∙ Books & Stationery
| | |-+  What book(s) are you reading right now?


« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Print Embed
Author Topic: What book(s) are you reading right now?  (Read 22670 times)
IndigoGolem
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWW


What's personal text?
⛺︎ My Room
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
squeezed gentlyVisited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!I got robbed by Dan Q on Melonland!Joined 2025!
« Reply #90 on: Summer, 20 Aug 2026 @170 » Embed

I bought a used copy of Don Quixote a couple months ago, but didn't notice until later that it's abridged. So i might read that or i might wait and find an unabridged translation.

I finally got my hands on a copy of Dragonflight on monday, for the Lazy River Book Club guild.

And i'm still making my way thru The Count of Monte Cristo, Frankenstein, The Journey to the West, and A Tale of Two Cities.

I've read the first three Earthsea books, but not recently. I remember enjoying them.

Logged

-Indigo, Anve Ozo

Artifact Swap: Spiritual Stone of Firee  unus, pluriumMick Jagger's mouthCreampuffNoid2 coinssnail buddy
schlime9k
Jr. Member ⚓︎
**
View Profile WWW


Forever personalising my profile
⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: schlime9k
iMood: schlime9k
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Joined 2025!
« Reply #91 on: Summer, 20 Aug 2026 @215 » Toggle Font Embed

I've been reading up on the History of Middle Earth books by Christopher Tolkien, son of J. R. R. Tolkien, about the ways in which his father wrote the Lord of the Rings books, how the drafts changed over time, leading to the final, published stories.

They're very interesting, especially for budding writers, because it shows the process of change and edits and rewrites, and how next to nothing stays the same from the first writing session to what is being printed and put on bookstore shelves.

There's 12 books in the full series, I only have 5 of them, I've been reading through Book 8, I believe, The War of the Ring at the moment, very good and comprehensive.

Logged

https://schlime.online/images/buttons/wsw.gif

Artifact Swap: I met Dan Q on Melonland!Ace Honeymami
WaybackGuy
Jr. Member ⚓︎
**
View Profile WWW


⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Joined 2025!
« Reply #92 on: Summer, 21 Aug 2026 @035 » Toggle Font Embed

Quinn's Book by William Kennedy
part of Kennedy's Albany cycle

Logged
cyberdreamz
Jr. Member ⚓︎
**
View Profile WWW


₍^. .^₎Ⳋ
⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: cyberdreamz
iMood: cyberdreamz

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Joined 2026!
« Reply #93 on: Summer, 22 Aug 2026 @612 » Toggle Font Embed

Finished Project Hail Mary earlier this week! I'd say I enjoyed it a lot more than the movie adaptation, even if I couldn't understand most of the science talk (never been good at physics...). Rocky's my favorite character ^__^
Started reading The Humans by Matt Heig yesterday. It's been on my "check out later" list for a while. It's about a professor that made some kind of incredible, world-altering discovery and suddenly went missing, later to be found wandering the streets acting like he's an alien that doesn't know anything about humans and their society and that he's been tasked with destroying his own work ...or something like that
The premise seemed interesting to me, buuuut I'm not that far into it to form any solid opinion right now.

Logged

https://file.garden/aKLNmQV5eixaX67L/computer_076.gif
aaaand post!
memento
Casual Poster ⚓︎
*
View Profile WWW


⯕volatile memories⯕
⛺︎ My Room

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Joined 2026!
« Reply #94 on: Summer, 22 Aug 2026 @624 » Toggle Font Embed

right now i'm reading jane eyre! i like classics. i read part of wuthering heights earlier this year before having to give up on it because i didn't have much time to read. i'll pick it up again someday, though so far i think i like charlotte's writing better than emily's  :grin:

Logged

Watanabe_1994
Jr. Member ⚓︎
**
View Profile WWW


3 racoons in a trenchcoat
⛺︎ My Room
XMPP: Chat!
iMood: Wurmhole

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!MohawkVideo8Joined 2026!ビートルさんKuromi
« Reply #95 on: Summer, 22 Aug 2026 @665 » Embed

From curiosity I've been reading a few of the cyberpunk 2020 sourcebooks, currently reading the bartmoss guide to the net.

Logged

https://otakucam.nekoweb.org/8831/index.gif https://otakucam.nekoweb.org/8831/diet.gif https://otakucam.nekoweb.org/8831/banner3.gif https://otakucam.nekoweb.org/8831/bana_m3.jpg

Artifact Swap: ParoxetineFP Menu CrystalArtifact not foundMonaChinaGirlAtomic9I met Dan Q on Melonland!Miffy LoveTuxComputerGood find!Fire CreatureSpooky Season 2025Evil fucking snail
demiurgeQuantified
Jr. Member ⚓︎
**
View Profile WWW


supreme honkifex
⛺︎ My Room

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Giver of Many Welcomes!Joined 2025!
« Reply #96 on: Summer, 22 Aug 2026 @695 » Embed

currently, I'm reading Cyberpunk 2077: No Coincidence. I'm also off-and-on reading Neuromancer and Nona the Ninth.

Logged

https://file.garden/ZL6ncCeVhBA68iAX/243.gif
zj
Full Member ⚓︎
***
View Profile WWW


Woah I can type here! Wicked!!
⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: zeejay
iMood: zeejay

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
water walterFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #97 on: Summer, 25 Aug 2026 @820 » Toggle Font Embed

I'm Currently reading A Map Of Days by Ransom Riggs. It´s the fourth book in the series, the first was "Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children". I love this series, it's so fun to read! :ozwomp: the author wrote the story around vintage photos, often ones with "magical" or peculiar people, like floating children, invisible people, etc.. these photos are collected from real thrift shops, vintage stores, family photo albums and the like, and there are so many that accompany the story throughout the books. I love them, they make the story more immersive! the story centers around children with supernatural powers, a lot of time travel which I love reading about, and the way these people are persecuted and deal with the world around them. Not a great summary, but I'd highly recommend them!!

I wish I could enjoy the movie, they changed so much.. if you read the book it feels like the 2000s Percy Jackson movie, IYKYK :ohdear: like, if you haven't read the book(s) it's enjoyable, but otherwise it's just so different that it makes you a bit sad :') like I love the sequels and know there is no way they'd be able to be movies with how many changes were made to the original story, for reasons we may never know..

Logged

Have a peek at my site? :eyes:
25 years old!

this is Kurt ↓
gif of a ""tamaNOTchi". Click to feed!
click on him to feed him!

WaybackGuy
Jr. Member ⚓︎
**
View Profile WWW


⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Joined 2025!
« Reply #98 on: Summer, 30 Aug 2026 @110 » Toggle Font Embed

Continuing my quest to read biographies of all POTUS...
by Peter A. Wallner...
Volume 1: Franklin Pierce: New Hampshire's Favorite Son
Volume 2: Franklin Pierce: Martyr for the Union

Logged
Seechain
Jr. Member ⚓︎
**
View Profile WWW


⛺︎ My Room
Itch.io: My Games

Artifacts:
Joined 2026!
« Reply #99 on: Autumn, 22 Sep 2026 @168 » Embed

I am starting Tales of Earthsea, the penultimate book in the Earthsea cycle. The prologue is quite special, the author warns us that neither wizards nor writers are trustworthy and that this book brings some changes to the world we already knew in the saga. She also takes a few lines to make a quite sharp critique of what the mainstream does to fantasy, pointing, between the lines, to Star Wars. Already from the prologue I am enjoying it very much. :seal:

Logged

WaybackGuy
Jr. Member ⚓︎
**
View Profile WWW


⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Joined 2025!
« Reply #100 on: Autumn, 23 Sep 2026 @066 » Toggle Font Embed

Septology by Jon Fosse

Logged
xolta
Sr. Member
****
View Profile


⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
Joined 2025!
« Reply #101 on: Autumn, 23 Sep 2026 @671 » Embed

I  just read the book, "The things we cannot say" for a local book club I am apart of. The books is a look into to women lives as it goes back in fourth in perspectives form world war 2 Poland to modern day American. Over all a decent read but the ending you can see a mile away in my opinion.

« Last Edit: Autumn, 23 Sep 2026 @679 by xolta » Logged

Stream/Wibble man. Needs to relearn HTML. Monster with many faces

https://web.archive.org/web/20090820114207/http://geocities.com/geno_star_gunner/ani_smb3_6lemmy.gifhttps://web.archive.org/web/20091027003500/http://geocities.com/geno_star_gunner/ani30.gifhttps://web.archive.org/web/20090820114207/http://geocities.com/geno_star_gunner/ani_smb3_6lemmy.gif
ilikedragons400
Newbie ⚓︎
*
View Profile WWW


⛺︎ My Room
iMood: ilikedragons400

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Wavy Shoulder-Length Hair with BangsKitty T-ShirtJeansTop Hat
« Reply #102 on: Autumn, 30 Sep 2026 @704 » Toggle Font Embed

 :dot:  :dot: im currently reading the library of souls by ransom riggs. its the third book in the miss peregrine series and im almost done with it

Logged

https://ilikedragons400.neocities.org/BORNTOSURFTN.gif
https://ilikedragons400.neocities.org/BILLCI.gif
https://ilikedragons400.neocities.org/sith.gif
https://ilikedragons400.neocities.org/shadow.gif
https://ilikedragons400.neocities.org/TALLYHALLBLINKY.gif

Artifact Swap: PINK HEADTHE OLDEST M&M IN THE WORLDJoined 2026!
maecom
Casual Poster ⚓︎
*
View Profile WWWArt


"OH, IT'S FISH (fish x30)" - Dr. Robotnik
⛺︎ My Room
Itch.io: My Games
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
First 1000 Members!Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Joined 2022!
« Reply #103 on: Autumn, 30 Sep 2026 @808 » Toggle Font Embed

currently reading through the 1989 English translation of The Stranger by Albert Camus - you can tell what translation it is depending on whether MOTHER or MAMAN is used -, started recently so i just made it to the end of Chapter 1, so far i find myself relating to Meursault a decent amount - been told that's concerning but whatever - and i enjoy the character of Perez, he's funny.

i do have a rather growing backlog of books, for my list has done nothing but grow significantly.

Logged

https://file.garden/aItVZVOpuR7_tbkm/cohost/hrtflash.webp
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Explore Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe