Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 01 Oct 2026 - @230.54
Forum Activity: Five Stars Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: :cry: Are u having fun? Guild Events: MelonLand's Seasonal RPG Jam
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Da Web Revival
| |-+  ✁ ∙ Web Crafting
| | |-+  Do you give your sites seasonal themes?


« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print Embed
Author Topic: Do you give your sites seasonal themes?  (Read 2470 times)
Onio
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWW


⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
First 1000 Members!Café ClubJoined 2022!
« on: Autumn, 29 Oct 2023 @366 » Toggle Font Embed

I finally updated my front page and gave it a bit of an autumnal theme with falling leaves, a cozy bonfire, and some crackling sounds in the background. I know Melon does, and I'm a big fan of it! Do you guys update with seasonal themes?

Logged
Nickolox
Jr. Member
**
View Profile WWW


The Lord of Waluigis
⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: nickolox

Artifacts:
First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: Autumn, 29 Oct 2023 @386 » Toggle Font Embed

my site currently doesn't have any seasonal stuff right now, but I've been working on the functionality for it in javascript, doing so in JS because then it can be automatic, I tend to be pretty forgetful lol.
I think it makes for a super cute little flair for a site to have seasonal theming!! More sites should definitely do it IMO :transport:

Logged

The Lord of Waluigis and King of Bush Medicine :melon:

My Silly Webbed Sites:

https://nickolox.com/img/banner.gif https://nickolox.com/img/links/spinning-fish.gif
TheNothingMonster
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWW


Hey psst! Wanna see something spooky?
⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: thenothingmonster

Artifacts:
Great Posts PacmanFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #2 on: Autumn, 29 Oct 2023 @578 » Toggle Font Embed

I've already made a couple of code snippets and graphics for that purpose, but never bothered to finish them. :tongue: I usually change a picture on my homepage once in a blue moon, according to the current season or holiday. Then again, I haven't made that many images and I always forget to swap them out.

but I've been working on the functionality for it in javascript, doing so in JS because then it can be automatic, I tend to be pretty forgetful lol.
I had also thought of the same concept at some point. Now that you have reminded me of it, I might as well consider it a bit more. It would be an exciting little thing to add in some way or another. :cheerR:

Logged

~~~~~~~~~~~~
WynnDawnstrider
Jr. Member ⚓︎
**
View Profile WWW


⛺︎ My Room
PicMix: WynnDawnstrider

Artifacts:
First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #3 on: Autumn, 29 Oct 2023 @595 » Embed

I might next year! But I only just started mine a couple months ago and while it's functional it's still VERY wip! It's still too much of a mess to be changing around seasonally sadly.

Logged

https://wynns-wonderful-pixel-paradise.neocities.org/Images/buttons/pixelparadise.gif https://wynns-wonderful-pixel-paradise.neocities.org/Images/buttons/dont%20feed%20the%20ai.gif https://wynns-wonderful-pixel-paradise.neocities.org/Images/buttons/snorlax%20button.gif
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWWArt


So many stars!
⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
You're a Star!Flinstone VitaminWavy Shoulder-Length Hair with BangsBug!Top HatI got robbed by Dan Q on Melonland!
« Reply #4 on: Autumn, 29 Oct 2023 @607 » Toggle Font Embed

I find that doing a seasonal theme can be a great way to experiment with new ideas on a site; it pushes you to do some whacky things, and even if they totally don't work or are over the top; they are only temporary, so you don't have to stress about removing them later.

That said I have a bad habit of keeping mine up way too long  :tongue:

Logged


everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered

Artifact Swap: black n cyan yappin kittayHave a chillpillRed Tulip100 coins<3eyntivemds pet fishcurious fish
wygolvillage
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWW


meow!!!
⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: wygolvillage
iMood: wygolvillage

Artifacts:
Thanks for being rad!First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #5 on: Autumn, 29 Oct 2023 @683 » Toggle Font Embed

I like adding fun "limited time" pages and events and stuff for viewers to find. I think it's a lot of fun both to implement and to visit on a site, and makes it fun that it changes over time.

I focus more on seasonal "content" than seasonal themes/visuals. So, on my site you can go looking for a Halloween party and look at Halloween page adopts that I've made and so on, but I haven't rethemed the entire site.

I do have plans for an advent calender page in December, too...

Logged

https://wygolvillage.neocities.org/images/siggy2.png
kurohaato
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWW


Full Steam Ahead! (≧∀≦)ゞ
⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: rinrinrin
Matrix: Chat!
iMood: kurohaato

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
BobYellow FishThe World's Cutest Predator BurbyFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #6 on: Autumn, 29 Oct 2023 @858 » Toggle Font Embed

Kinda? If I have a seasonal page like my birthday balloons or my spooky meme page then I'll update my layout/create a theme to match it. I don't really do much else besides that, though I'm thinking of putting a santa hat on the Mari I have on my homepage. I also have my birthday code but that's for my birthday only so I wouldn't call it seasonal.  :ok:

Logged

It ain't much but it's honest work

Artifact Swap: Snail Mail
night-at-the-musian
Full Member ⚓︎
***
View Profile WWW


Rule 1: Throw the bone!
⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
Great Posts PacmanFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #7 on: Autumn, 31 Oct 2023 @012 » Toggle Font Embed

I hadn't considered doing that, but now that sounds like a ton of fun! At the very least I can put a little Santa hat on Dexter on the landing page. :grin:

Logged

Tiny Roman Appreciator
https://64.media.tumblr.com/e75f3a79b14a83e54eb6f7f1ab25ff3a/dba2cb98fcee4779-be/s540x810/d0b8bea1cb4705f18506276eb8ea8e0c867035d8.gifv
https://64.media.tumblr.com/c3f37b2d1e429e31b0d0f8aa325b9f93/a57fceeda9c695c6-60/s100x200/a2ac79f74428424ec8cb94808e46c9c30f5e5288.gifv
Kolo
Full Member ⚓︎
***
View Profile WWW


⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: kolo
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #8 on: Autumn, 31 Oct 2023 @228 » Embed

I just have a small little footer image I change out to be seasonal. Right now it's my two favorite OCs dressed in Halloween costumes, next month it will just be the default hugging one, and then it'll be a generic winter one for December.

Logged

⋆。˚⋆.°˖✧ there is a dream world many miles inside me ✧˖°.⋆ ˚。⋆
⋆。˚⋆.°˖✧ and i go there when i can ... many miles haunting me ✧˖°.⋆ ˚。⋆
Loebas
Full Member ⚓︎
***
View Profile WWW


⛺︎ My Room
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #9 on: Autumn, 01 Nov 2023 @862 » Embed

Givin that xmas is only a few months away, i dont think i'm going to give my website a xmas theme.

Unsure about next year, but it is most unlikely.

Logged

https://images2.imgbox.com/00/de/HBfvWznu_o.png - https://images2.imgbox.com/d6/9d/J6mFRkMy_o.png(open on mondays)

https://www.chickensmoothie.com/pet/183464543&trans=1.jpg
Pet's name: barky
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
creaturefeature
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWWArt


⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: creaturefeature
iMood: creaturefeature

Artifacts:
First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #10 on: Autumn, 02 Nov 2023 @702 » Embed

i did a chrismtas theme last year, this year im not so sure

Also no sense of changing it to be mroe halloweeny than it already is.

Logged


https://i.postimg.cc/dDbL6KhC/tumblr-d5439d978b3c6b781d96727e97fd9398-3bdaa8b9-540.jpg
PurpleHello98
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWW


'Cause I'm your girl, hold me baby <3
⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: purplehello98

Artifacts:
First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #11 on: Autumn, 05 Nov 2023 @866 » Embed

I have a Halloween page and a Christmas page I put links to on my homepage for their respective holidays, but never an actual theme. (Which reminds me, this year I put my Halloween page up on the 28th, which means it's been up for longer after Halloween than before!) But I think I may at least try something for Christmas! Maybe I'll change the song on my homepage, at least, or have a snowfalling effect. Who knows?

Logged

"...And we are not angels, to be comforted by seeing the means for which everything is sent."
-Elizabeth Gaskell, Wives and Daughters


https://purplehello98.neocities.org/graphics/userbars/46535.png
https://purplehello98.neocities.org/graphics/buttons/purplehello98.gifhttps://purplehello98.neocities.org/graphics/buttons/neocities-pink.gifhttps://purplehello98.neocities.org/graphics/buttons/vrvr-purple.gif
ashton
Casual Poster ⚓︎
*
View Profile WWW


she/her
⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: angelribs
iMood: angelribs

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Joined 2023!
« Reply #12 on: Autumn, 05 Nov 2023 @903 » Toggle Font Embed

I like adding fun "limited time" pages and events and stuff for viewers to find. I think it's a lot of fun both to implement and to visit on a site, and makes it fun that it changes over time.

I focus more on seasonal "content" than seasonal themes/visuals. So, on my site you can go looking for a Halloween party and look at Halloween page adopts that I've made and so on, but I haven't rethemed the entire site.

I do have plans for an advent calender page in December, too...

this sounds like so much fun, omg. i was considering implementing a seasonal theme thing next year but honestly i like this a bit more

my current layout is very much not seasonal, but honestly halloween is my favorite holiday and im a bit regretful i didnt make a halloween layout this year. perhaps next!

Logged

https://iili.io/JBXjP6v.png

Artifact Swap: Pika Creature
Pages: [1] Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Explore Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe