Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 11 Oct 2026 - @854.91
Forum Activity: Four Stars ~ Boop! The forum will close in 146.beats! Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: :seal: Thank you for today! :seal: Guild Events: weekly zine jam 15: dreams
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Moon Park
| |-+  ☑︎ ∙ Greetings & News
| | |-+  ❤︎ ∙ (Archive) Greetings
| | | |-+  Oh hello, I didn't see you there


« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print Embed
Author Topic: Oh hello, I didn't see you there  (Read 1408 times)
GreenTea
Casual Poster
*
View Profile


Hootle is displeased
⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
Joined 2023!
« on: Autumn, 17 Nov 2023 @102 » Embed

Hello there! While you're here, let me tell you about myself. I'm a 27 year old software engineer, college student, and hobby game developer. I spend my time at work making banking web apps and APIs that use 40 year old COBOL servers that live in someone's basement. Outside of work, I split my time between finishing my CS degree and trying to make games in unreal engine.

Recently, I stumbled upon a slew of nostalgic old internet websites and media that led me to find melonland. :ozwomp: I've been on the internet for almost as long as I've had memories and much of that early time was spent on various forums, being a general nuisance, as one does when they're a kid. Now, after over a decade of not using forums, I've returned to be a mature nuisance to the world!

But in the meantime, that's enough about me, I'm excited to get to know about all of you! So thanks for having me!

Logged
ThunderPerfectWitchcraft
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWWArt


Here be dragons
⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!I got robbed by Dan Q on Melonland!Great Posts PacmanThanks for being rad!First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: Autumn, 17 Nov 2023 @549 » Embed

Hi.
Do you have any of your games released so far? I'm a fiend for hobbyist productions!

Logged

GreenTea
Casual Poster
*
View Profile


Hootle is displeased
⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
Joined 2023!
« Reply #2 on: Autumn, 17 Nov 2023 @941 » Embed

Hi.
Do you have any of your games released so far? I'm a fiend for hobbyist productions!

Not yet, sadly. At the moment, I only have the weekends to put in quality time and effort into working on projects. Hopefully one day I can get a small game up on itch!

Logged
ThunderPerfectWitchcraft
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWWArt


Here be dragons
⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!I got robbed by Dan Q on Melonland!Great Posts PacmanThanks for being rad!First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #3 on: Autumn, 18 Nov 2023 @036 » Embed

I can relate, I also dev in my spare time and because of this things often take longer than I'd like. On the other hand, working on your projects in your free time and only on your own budget is the truest form of independence ;). Tuned to see with what you might come up one day ;).

Logged

GreenTea
Casual Poster
*
View Profile


Hootle is displeased
⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
Joined 2023!
« Reply #4 on: Autumn, 19 Nov 2023 @154 » Embed

I agree, I love the freedom it provides me! Hopefully I'll have something to share before long.

Logged
Pages: [1] Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Explore Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe