Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 30 Sep 2026 - @807.42
Forum Activity: Four Stars Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: ozwomp is requesting your location :ozwomp: [Agree] Guild Events: TIME FOR HALLOWEEN CRAFTS!
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Da Web Revival
| |-+  ✁ ∙ Web Crafting
| | |-+  Forum Troubles


« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print Embed
Author Topic: Forum Troubles  (Read 1733 times)
Rol
Full Member ⚓︎
***
View Profile WWW


⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: Winter, 20 Dec 2023 @039 » Toggle Font Embed

I've been wanting to make a forum to accompany my website! Though, I'm not too sure there'd be others interested in my site enough to be active on a forum about it.

I have friends who share my interests! I talk about em plenty!

The problem!: Most of em wouldn't prefer to talk on a forum over something faster like Discord! :drat:

And I'm not too good with forums either! I rarely ever interact with others here, unfortunately. So it makes me start to wonder if it'd be worth making one in the first place, if I'm likely not gonna be committed to it.

So I'm not sure! I can see myself becoming committed to it, if it's active enough and it's a topic I like to talk about.

So should I make that forum? Should I work on talking more in other forums like this one, first, and if so, how could I become more active here?

Logged
wygolvillage
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWW


meow!!!
⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: wygolvillage
iMood: wygolvillage

Artifacts:
Thanks for being rad!First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: Winter, 20 Dec 2023 @047 » Toggle Font Embed

Honestly I really feel that, I set up a forum for my friend group/fandom and it ended up pretty inactive pretty quickly. Discord is just more "convenient"... Still there's no harm in setting up something on Proboards and seeing where it goes.

Logged

https://wygolvillage.neocities.org/images/siggy2.png
Rol
Full Member ⚓︎
***
View Profile WWW


⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #2 on: Winter, 20 Dec 2023 @117 » Toggle Font Embed

Honestly I really feel that, I set up a forum for my friend group/fandom and it ended up pretty inactive pretty quickly. Discord is just more "convenient"... Still there's no harm in setting up something on Proboards and seeing where it goes.

I was considering hosting it on my own server, rather than something like Proboards! Not so sure what software I should use, though. Probably SMF like this one.

Logged
cyberfun1 (dizz)
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWWArt


I dont🧠dat evrythngs a lie, as long as u ♡me 4evr
⛺︎ My Room
Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Wishing you Happy Times when you're online!20% coolerFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #3 on: Winter, 20 Dec 2023 @174 » Toggle Font Embed

if you wanna make a discord server instead, consider making it on revolt instead! it's like discord but has better privacy

Logged

https://diffydude.neocities.org/blinkies/FRIENDSHIPISMAGIC.png
https://diffydude.neocities.org/blinkies/TAPEHERO.png
https://diffydude.neocities.org/blinkies/EMOTICONUSER.gif
https://diffydude.neocities.org/blinkies/XBOX360.png
https://diffydude.neocities.org/blinkies/FIREFOXUSER.jpg
https://diffydude.neocities.org/blinkies/NYANCAT.gif
https://diffydude.neocities.org/blinkies/BISEXUAL.png

Artifact Swap: I met Dan Q on Melonland!
BlazingCobaltX
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWW


⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: blazingcobaltx
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #4 on: Winter, 20 Dec 2023 @881 » Embed

Honestly I really feel that, I set up a forum for my friend group/fandom and it ended up pretty inactive pretty quickly. Discord is just more "convenient"... Still there's no harm in setting up something on Proboards and seeing where it goes.
Was in a similar situation and this also happened. If it's the intention to just have your friends hang in a single spot I would also just recommend Discord or a known alternative, as the forum will appear inactive quickly if you're not planning to attract other users.

Logged

https://blazingcobaltx.neocities.org/images/arceus.png
Pages: [1] Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Explore Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe