Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 08 Oct 2026 - @701.33
Forum Activity: Four Stars Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: :defrag: Lo and Behold :defrag: Guild Events: TIME FOR HALLOWEEN CRAFTS!
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Da Web Revival
| |-+  ✁ ∙ Web Crafting
| | |-+  ☔︎ ∙ I need Help!
| | | |-+  Help with dummying out part of my code!


« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print Embed
Author Topic: Help with dummying out part of my code!  (Read 1470 times)
MarcieBee
Casual Poster ⚓︎
*
View Profile WWW


{this personal text box intentionally left blank}
⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
Joined 2024!
« on: Winter, 14 Jan 2024 @131 » Toggle Font Embed

I'm still relatively new to HTML, and coding as a whole is far from my strong suit, so forgive me if the verbiage isn't correct here. Basically, theres some text on my website that I want to get rid of, it's a line at the bottom of the homepage that announces new content added to the page. It feels wrong to leave up the old, stale text until the next update comes out, but I don't want to have to retype the code every time (because I guess I'm too lazy to write the most basic html, idk.) Is there a way to 'dummy out' this code, or I suppose any code, so that it's still in there, just not active? Thank you!!

Logged

Don't sweat it, it's just the internet!
xXWebMasterXx_Gina
Full Member ⚓︎
***
View Profile WWW


I wonder whats for DINNER
⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
Tin WhistleJoined 2024!
« Reply #1 on: Winter, 14 Jan 2024 @147 » Toggle Font Embed

Hmmm. I'm not 100% sure I follow; but I think what you are looking for is to comment out the specific line of code. This will leave the code intact for you to edit later but it wont be active i.e invisible on the page itself.

To comment in HTML, wrap your code between the comment opener <!--  and closer  -->.

In your case, it should look like this 

Code
<!-- <center>NEW ALBUM REVIEW!! Liz Cooper &amp; The Stampede's Window Flowers!</center> -->

Logged
MarcieBee
Casual Poster ⚓︎
*
View Profile WWW


{this personal text box intentionally left blank}
⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
Joined 2024!
« Reply #2 on: Winter, 14 Jan 2024 @569 » Toggle Font Embed

That's exactly what I'm looking for, thank you so much!!!

Logged

Don't sweat it, it's just the internet!
xXWebMasterXx_Gina
Full Member ⚓︎
***
View Profile WWW


I wonder whats for DINNER
⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
Tin WhistleJoined 2024!
« Reply #3 on: Winter, 14 Jan 2024 @653 » Toggle Font Embed

Glad to help! Keep up the great work!  :ha:

Logged
Pages: [1] Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Explore Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe