Home Events! Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
September 08, 2024 - @91.04 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Two Stars Posts: 20/1k.beats ~ Boop! The forum will close in 909.beats! Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :happy: Open the all windows! Your mind needs storms and air! :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ☺︎ ∙ General Interests
| | |-+  Hedorah the Smog Monster (Kaijū)

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Hedorah the Smog Monster (Kaijū)  (Read 471 times)
Misanthropic Monster™
Sr. Member ⚓︎

He/Him/They/Them

⛺︎ My Room
iMood: Misanthropic
PicMix: BitterGoblin

View Profile WWW

uh oh! a pigeon got in!beetlejuice beetlejuice beetlejuice!bugpostingJoined 2024!
« on: June 08, 2024 @761.09 »

I've always had a love for Kaijū but specifically I have a bit of a fixation on Hedorah the Smog Monster. (I have an affinity for beings made out of garbage or filth or dirt etc)

I wanted to show off my two Hedorah figurines, one is a Hedorah - Movie Monster Series 4.5/5" Action Figure which I've had for a while, and the other I more recently got from Japan is my 2022 Bandai Hedorah Figure 50th Anniversary figurine. I think they look really nice together! (I also put a bonus image of my Frank Zappa CD, where he famously used Hedorah on the cover of Sleep Dirt (recommend the entire album honestly) but I always loved that Hedorah was used for the cover!

Has anyone here seen Godzilla vs Hedorah (1971)? If so what are your thoughts? It was definitely quite different (in a good way) to most of the other Kaijū movies I'd seen at that point. It's very psychedelic (I guess a product of its time).

[EDIT]
Sleep Dirt is actually on Spotify is anyone is interested!
FRANK ZAPPA SLEEP DIRT ALBUM

« Last Edit: June 08, 2024 @767.26 by Misanthropic Monster™ » Logged

Misanthropic Monster™
Sr. Member ⚓︎

He/Him/They/Them

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

uh oh! a pigeon got in!beetlejuice beetlejuice beetlejuice!bugpostingJoined 2024!
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2024 @787.65 »

I thought I'd add some bonus pics of some of my other garbage related possessions

At some point I plan to share my entire garbage collection - as well as my huge collection of Boglins, my Real Monsters collection, My Gremlins collection, my taxidermy (dry and wet specimens), my collection of weird and creepy clown things, all my little toilet monsters and much more '80s and '90s artefacts and ephemera! - on my site; The Bitter Goblin's Cave - I just need time/energy but it's definitely something I'd love to do as I have been collecting things since the '80s and have always loved making archives of my possessions for my personal use - so why not share my meticulous filing of all my things with others who may be interested!

Misanthropic Monster™
Sr. Member ⚓︎

He/Him/They/Them

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2024 @990.14 »

Oh Dang I forgot to include this pic of my Trubbish plush haha

mahoroa
Jr. Member ⚓︎

shadow wizard money gang

⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2024 @869.07 »

YAYYY a fellow Hedorah fan :seal:  Def my fave kaiju!!
Unfortunately I dont have much merch of her :sad: so expensive... I do have this tho

Hopefully I can get some more merch of Hedorah she's so cute.
Godzilla vs Hedorah is easily my favourite overall movie! Probably the movie I've seen the most actually :ok:
It's def the most unique Godzilla film IMO and the one that's influenced my work the most. I really want to see Hedorah in another movie again :sad:
She had what? 5 seconds in Final Wars? What a crime!

Also, love other garbage inspired guys too! I think I'm one of the few people who think Raremon from Digimon is extremely adorable. Couldn't really explain why I think trash based characters are so cute, they just are LOL

Misanthropic Monster™
Sr. Member ⚓︎

He/Him/They/Them

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2024 @0.54 »

YAYYY a fellow Hedorah fan :seal:  Def my fave kaiju!!
Unfortunately I dont have much merch of her :sad: so expensive... I do have this tho

Hopefully I can get some more merch of Hedorah she's so cute.
Godzilla vs Hedorah is easily my favourite overall movie! Probably the movie I've seen the most actually :ok:
It's def the most unique Godzilla film IMO and the one that's influenced my work the most. I really want to see Hedorah in another movie again :sad:
She had what? 5 seconds in Final Wars? What a crime!

Also, love other garbage inspired guys too! I think I'm one of the few people who think Raremon from Digimon is extremely adorable. Couldn't really explain why I think trash based characters are so cute, they just are LOL

Oh my GLOB I am teary with joy reading this reply! First of all your Hedorah figurine is SO ADORABLE, did you put that little hat on?? Also, is that the Toho ReAction Figure Wave 2 Hedorah figurine? It looks a lot like it, it's one I've been after a while because it's just too cute haha.  The 1971 Godzilla movie is definitely my fave, I also love those cool animated segments!

I totally agree that Raremon is great! I love gunky/garbage/trash/slime based characters too!!

What are your thoughts on Garbodor and Trubbish? I've always loved their design because essentially Trubbish consists of an entire trash bag brought to life by industrial waste. Both the bag and its contents are a part of its being, forming amoebic limbs out of pure refuse and belching a malodorous gas as a defence mechanism. Then you have Garbodor, its plastic bag skin torn to shreds by the bulk of its own bloated garbage guts! The premise of a trash bag with garbage limbs then bursting into an entire garbage being with the same trash bags as before but ripped open... it's just such a genius design IMO!!!

mahoroa
Jr. Member ⚓︎

shadow wizard money gang

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2024 @871.22 »

Oh my GLOB I am teary with joy reading this reply! First of all your Hedorah figurine is SO ADORABLE, did you put that little hat on?? Also, is that the Toho ReAction Figure Wave 2 Hedorah figurine? It looks a lot like it, it's one I've been after a while because it's just too cute haha.  The 1971 Godzilla movie is definitely my fave, I also love those cool animated segments!

I totally agree that Raremon is great! I love gunky/garbage/trash/slime based characters too!!

What are your thoughts on Garbodor and Trubbish? I've always loved their design because essentially Trubbish consists of an entire trash bag brought to life by industrial waste. Both the bag and its contents are a part of its being, forming amoebic limbs out of pure refuse and belching a malodorous gas as a defence mechanism. Then you have Garbodor, its plastic bag skin torn to shreds by the bulk of its own bloated garbage guts! The premise of a trash bag with garbage limbs then bursting into an entire garbage being with the same trash bags as before but ripped open... it's just such a genius design IMO!!!

Yes that is the Toho ReAction Hedorah and yes I did put the little hat on her :ok:

As for Garbodor and Trubbish I think they're really cute! Trubbish looks like it has little bunny ears and Garbodor looks like it has cute hairbuns. The concept is really cool too IMO! love the trash bag becoming ripped bc of how full of trash it is with Garbodor, although I do feel a little sad for it. Still, the two are very cute and I'd love to have any merch of Trubbish on my shelf one day! I do still think I prefer Alolan Muk as my favourite trash Pokemon, mainly because of the colours (they're very pretty!)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2024 @872.92 by mahoroa » Logged

Misanthropic Monster™
Sr. Member ⚓︎

He/Him/They/Them

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2024 @955.74 »

Yes that is the Toho ReAction Hedorah and yes I did put the little hat on her :ok:

As for Garbodor and Trubbish I think they're really cute! Trubbish looks like it has little bunny ears and Garbodor looks like it has cute hairbuns. The concept is really cool too IMO! love the trash bag becoming ripped bc of how full of trash it is with Garbodor, although I do feel a little sad for it. Still, the two are very cute and I'd love to have any merch of Trubbish on my shelf one day! I do still think I prefer Alolan Muk as my favourite trash Pokemon, mainly because of the colours (they're very pretty!)

I love that you put a hat on her lil' head.

I loved your thoughts on Garbodor/Trubbish - I never thought of it in the sense that it might hurt Trubbish to have their bag ripped so they can evolve into Garbodor, now I am wondering if that is why their little face looks so sad  :mark:   

Misanthropic Monster™
Sr. Member ⚓︎

He/Him/They/Them

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2024 @94.93 »

I got a couple of new Hedorah thingzz!

I finally found the ReAction Hedorah figurine for a good price on eBay (was $12) and this gorgeous print of Hedorah on a coaster which was only $4!!

mahoroa
Jr. Member ⚓︎

shadow wizard money gang

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2024 @711.10 »

I got a couple of new Hedorah thingzz!

I finally found the ReAction Hedorah figurine for a good price on eBay (was $12) and this gorgeous print of Hedorah on a coaster which was only $4!!

HEY! We have the same Hedorah figure! Thats awesome!! I def need to work on my Hedorah collection a bit more

Misanthropic Monster™
Sr. Member ⚓︎

He/Him/They/Them

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2024 @848.43 »

Yusss I was excited we had the same figure when I got it  :loved: gotta love Hedorah.   :transport:

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Theme Poll - Do you like the forum theme?

Started by MelooonBoard ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions

Replies: 18
Views: 6614
Last post August 31, 2024 @266.71
by greyskieshappymind
MelonLand Vivaldi Theme ♡

Started by MelooonBoard ⚛︎ ∙ MelonLand Projects

Replies: 6
Views: 2132
Last post March 05, 2023 @376.64
by doubleincision
Old site themes?

Started by JackFrostBoard ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links

Replies: 1
Views: 1089
Last post October 04, 2023 @668.95
by Uneuclid

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi