Home Events! Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
October 18, 2024 - @729.31 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Stars Posts: 28/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :dive: Are u having fun?? :dive:
Halloween Topics! Gfx + Costumes, Decor + Crafts, Prep, Horror Movies, Spooky Songs! ~ E-Zine #2 is out now!

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Art & Games
| |-+  ♖ ∙ Video Games
| | |-+  Space Station 13 (do a disastrous job IN SPAAAAAAAAAACE!)

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Space Station 13 (do a disastrous job IN SPAAAAAAAAAACE!)  (Read 796 times)
Memory
« on: April 02, 2024 @72.51 »

Oh hey hi

Quite recently, a friend of mine re-ignated my interest in small little game called Space Station 13, you probably heard of it before from that one old Mandalore video, or perhaps you even played it!, as for me i really wish i had the guts to play it more often, but i'll talk about it later

In case you don't know what i'm talking about, SS13 is a spaceship simulation game in which you take the role of a worker, you can be a security officer, a botanic maintainer, the AI that controls the doors and security, an engineer, whatever!, and you're here to do your job as best as you can

Of course that's easier said than done, everything can go wrong in SS13, from a virus that kills everyone it infects, black holes appearing everywhere on the ship, the AI going rouge, whatever you fear can kill you probably will, and that's the fun of it really!

There are two main caveats when it comes to playing SS13, the first one being starting to play the game in and on itself

You see, SS13 isn't a game on its own, it requires a client to run it called BYOND, and if you go looking for it you'll probably think that i found it through a banner ad on a really really shady site, you do need an account to play it but servers often have their own websites for you to read the rules and join from there

The second caveat is actually playing

SS13 is infamous for controlling and feeling like a mixture between King's Quest and excel, almost everything relies on presses of the mouse, from picking objects from the floor, examining them, using them activating their properties, so on and so forth; and be sure you're focusing the right hand!, and there's the pressure, the temperature, your hunger and thirst and...

But if you can get past that (or are a weirdo like me and love that kind of stuff), you're left with quite a nice experience and quite the story to tell!

I do hope i get the chance to play it more actively some day, the game in and on itself seems really really cool but i guess i have a fear of participating in such a complex system with people who are already experienced  :ohdear:

In any case, if you had any experiences with the game, i (and i'm sure lots of other people here) would love to hear them  :4u:
sig
Sr. Member ⚓︎

the great

⛺︎ My Room
iMood: sigmatic

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Certified chocoboGoose!Joined 2022!
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2024 @556.59 »

Oh man, I love Space Station 13 and am glad to see it brought up in Current Year 2024  :ozwomp:

I played it a lot in around 2016/2017 and used to hang around on Yogstation mostly. These days if I play it it's mostly on Goonstation. I think it's a game without compare and everytime I revisit it it's like I have to relearn the entire game with all the features that have been added in the meantime.

I do hope i get the chance to play it more actively some day, the game in and on itself seems really really cool but i guess i have a fear of participating in such a complex system with people who are already experienced  :ohdear:

I wouldn't care about that if I were you: as long as you know how to control your character and don't play a job that is ""vital"" to the operations of the ship, nobody is going to care about you not playing optimally or anything. Actually, not knowing everything there is to know about the game is the most fun stage to be in! (I never left it.)

The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they go.
sword-of-stabbing

And I pierced the fell beast!

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2024 @685.71 »

I love ss13 but I can't play it on linux so I do ss14 which isn't as developed but the community is cool. I gotta play it more though.

.      |
|-----|>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
.      |
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Communication Relay Station 47: Trekkie Webring

Started by MemoryBoard ☮︎ ∙ Other Communities & Webrings

Replies: 12
Views: 2119
Last post September 05, 2022 @304.83
by Zusk
Matrix spaces and rooms

Started by memoBoard ☮︎ ∙ Other Communities & Webrings

Replies: 6
Views: 1547
Last post November 22, 2023 @741.89
by virtue
The Small Web As A Safe Space For Sharing Experiences

Started by purelyconstructiveBoard ☞ ∙ Life on the Web

Replies: 15
Views: 4345
Last post October 16, 2024 @969.64
by littlesecret

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi