This zone is sleeping right now! ZzzZZzzz

Better not disturb it! ~You go to the petrol station and buy a slushy instead, everything is cool!~

This area will open again in 000.beats!

(Learn about Swatch Time)

Some other zones are awake :^]


Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 28 Sep 2026 - @592.21
Forum Activity: Three Stars Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: :defrag: Lo and Behold :defrag: Guild Events: MelonLand's Seasonal RPG Jam
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Earth & Interests
| |-+  ⛺︎ ∙ Cinema
| | |-+  Who was the best James Bond actor?


« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print Embed
Poll
Question: Who was the best James Bond actor?
Sean Connery
George Lazenby
Roger Moore
Timothy Dalton
Pierce Brosnan
Daniel Craig

Author Topic: Who was the best James Bond actor?  (Read 2720 times)
Memory
Guest

« on: Autumn, 21 Oct 2022 @956 » Embed

Maybe it's just because he's the one I grew up with, but Pierce Brosnan is the actor who most embodies the character of James Bond for me. He's suave, conventionally handsome, and more lithe than brawny. He prefers to use tools and gadgets, and if he does get into a fight his fighting style is more about skill with martial arts than brute strength.

Timothy Dalton is a close second, but his Bond had a much more serious, hard edge to him. He has the look, but not the charisma.

Daniel Craig is definitely more of a brawler, and you could almost say the same for Sean Connery. Connery was also suave, but too much of a womanizer. I guess that's part of the character, but it's too uncomfortable to watch.

I'm not a Roger Moore fan because I don't like the sillier tone of those movies.

As for George Lazenby, I thought he was good in his single film, but I don't think Bond works as a family man.

As for who was in the best movie, I think it's a tossup between Craig in Casino Royale and Brosnan in GoldenEye. I really like Dalton in The Living Daylights as well, but I can't argue it's the best.

Logged
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWWArt


So many stars!
⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
You're a Star!Flinstone VitaminWavy Shoulder-Length Hair with BangsBug!Top HatI got robbed by Dan Q on Melonland!
« Reply #1 on: Autumn, 22 Oct 2022 @989 » Toggle Font Embed

Ummmm the ONLY bond worth watching is Sean Connery :tongue:

The sets and GADGETS are admittedly waaay cooler in the Pierce Brosnan movies; the new movies are lame; and all the in between movies aree simply lacking Sean Connery :drat:

Logged


everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered

Artifact Swap: black n cyan yappin kittayHave a chillpillThe Wizards OrbRed Tulip100 coins<3eyntivemds pet fishcurious fish
Memory
Guest

« Reply #2 on: Autumn, 30 Oct 2022 @870 » Embed

Ummmm the ONLY bond worth watching is Sean Connery :tongue:

The sets and GADGETS are admittedly waaay cooler in the Pierce Brosnan movies; the new movies are lame; and all the in between movies aree simply lacking Sean Connery :drat:

Which movie would you say is the best, and is it one with Connery?

It's hard for me to match the best Bond to the best movie. Brosnan's filmography is mostly bad. GoldenEye is the only one that I could argue is objectively good. In my opinion Craig had two of the best movies in Skyfall and Casino Royale, but all the others were stinkers. Quantum of Solace and Spectre are probably the two worst that I have seen, and after reading a synopsis for No Time to Die it sounds like it's even worse.

I have only seen Doctor No from the Connery era. It was okay, and holds up well for the time, but I wouldn't place it among my favourites.

I actually really like On Her Majesty's Secret Service. I think Lazenby could have been great if he stayed on for at least one more movie to explore the aftermath of the ending.

Logged
Pages: [1] Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Enter Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe