Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 30 Sep 2026 - @243.72
Forum Activity: Three Stars Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: :cry: Are u having fun? Guild Events: MelonLand's Seasonal RPG Jam
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Moon Park
| |-+  ☑︎ ∙ Greetings & News
| | |-+  ❤︎ ∙ (Archive) Greetings
| | | |-+  Greetings


« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print Embed
Author Topic: Greetings  (Read 918 times)
DougsShack
Casual Poster ⚓︎
*
View Profile WWW


⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: dougsshack
XMPP: Chat!

Artifacts:
It's Doug. He has a shack. Doug's Shack !Joined 2024!
« on: Summer, 15 Aug 2024 @102 » Embed

Greetings! My name is Doug and I've been using the Information Super Highway (laser sounds intensify!) in one form or another since 1996. After learning basic HTML, I created personal websites on all the happening spots: Geocities, Angelfire, and Tripod. I feel that those were the best days of the internet, before the corporate take over.

I am a toddler wrangler and diaper technician - though they're not that old anymore, a fan of all things tech, self-taught computer programmer, an amateur photographer, fanatic about sports, a gamer, and an ally. And, I am an advocate of the Personal Web (Web 1.0).

I am loving this idea of returning to the old ways! I can't even remember the last time I was on a forum.

Logged

No trees were harmed to post this message,
but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
OneMillionFurries
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWW


Gettin silly with it
⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
specimenThanks for being rad!First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: Summer, 15 Aug 2024 @155 » Toggle Font Embed

Greetings, Doug! I took a quick peek at your website and am absolutely loving it! There's so much personality and I love all the graphics you made for it.

It's cool to have someone who has been surfing the WWW since its early days here. I find the demographic for this forum tends to skew on the young-adult side, so your first-hand experience is greatly appreciated! Won't you tell us a bedtime story about the old internet? :sleep: (kidding! XD)

« Last Edit: Summer, 15 Aug 2024 @171 by OneMillionFurries » Logged

https://onemillionfurries.com/graphics/misc/bh%20ad.gif
https://onemillionfurries.com/graphics/misc/Robokyskateexplode.gif
DougsShack
Casual Poster ⚓︎
*
View Profile WWW


⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: dougsshack
XMPP: Chat!

Artifacts:
It's Doug. He has a shack. Doug's Shack !Joined 2024!
« Reply #2 on: Summer, 15 Aug 2024 @180 » Embed

Won't you tell us a bedtime story about the old internet? :sleep: (kidding! XD)

It was slow, colorful, and noisy. 😂 It truly was the wild west. Before the vile sorcery of search engine optimization.

It was like exploring a large house with a lot of nooks and places to hide.

We didn't know what we had until we lost it. Now most websites have about as much character as a cubical farm.

Logged

No trees were harmed to post this message,
but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Kalka
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWWArt


Go to the tanterwomps for they are lost in time
⛺︎ My Room
XMPP: Chat!

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Cube StoneMurbyGreat Posts PacmanGiver of Many Welcomes!Joined 2024!
« Reply #3 on: Summer, 20 Aug 2024 @784 » Toggle Font Embed

Hello and welcome to the Melonland Forum !

"Information Super Highway"... Dang I feel really old now. I hope you'll enjoy our company, this forum has a bit of everything for everyone. What was your first goal when browsing internet ? Flash games ? Chatting ? Learning ?

Logged

http://internetometer.com/image/51289.png
Pages: [1] Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Explore Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe