Home Events! Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
September 21, 2024 - @272.28 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Stars Posts: 38/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :eyes: ~ Inconvenience is counterculture ~ :eyes:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ✁ ∙ Web Crafting
| | |-+  ☔︎ ∙ I need Help!
| | | |-+  how to find a good site redesign

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: how to find a good site redesign  (Read 138 times)
candycanearter07
Full Member ⚓︎

i like slimes

⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: candycanearter
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Suck At Something September - Did It!uh oh! a pigeon got in!Artsy Candy CaneJoined 2024!
« on: September 01, 2024 @24.38 »

hi,

im worried that my site's layout is waaaaaay too complex and like boring but i have no idea what kinda new layout i should go for for my site do yall have any like advice or tips to find a good fitting design for your site bc i have no idea what kinda layout to go for for my site any help would be nice

new to oldnet be nice

caekpuppi
Casual Poster ⚓︎

she/her 🦄 unicorn <33 ૮˶• ﻌ •˶ა ./づ~ 🦴

⛺︎ My Room
iMood: sprinkleshojo

View Profile WWW

Shoujo 4everJoined 2024!
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2024 @38.09 »

I actually really like ur site design!! :sad:
but I get that sometimes the urge to change it is too much  :drat:

I think themekings have a lotta cool stuff that might be up ur ally !! very old school cyber stuffh..

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!a puppy for your travelsAlways My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!...
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2024 @42.66 »

There are some great links in this thread: Starting my own webpage and this thread: Inspiration sources - where do you go for inspiration?  :grin:

Generally speaking I don't recommend wiping and starting over; I know that's often a temptation but it looses the history and sense of growth that really defines homepages. Its much better to pick a direction and then slowly move things in that direction bit by bit, doing it that way means you might even discover a new and unexpected path on your way!

I also recommend looking at more than just websites. If everyone studies each others sites when doing design, then everyone's design just ends up looking the same as everyone else's  :drat:  Your much better off looking at the world around you, and other sources of design ideas, and then trying to figure out how you could convert those ideas to web code.

And of course you've gotta find a design method that works for you; everyone will have their own approach and discovering your own way to design is 99% of the challenge of designing.

On a more personal level; I actually think you're site has a great direction and you should keep building on it; I'm not a huge fan of the screen-mask overlay effect, but I do like the feeling of it being in a shadowy window and I'd encourage you to push more for that ^^

Good luck!!  :4u:

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
candycanearter07
Full Member ⚓︎

i like slimes

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: candycanearter

View Profile WWW

Suck At Something September - Did It!uh oh! a pigeon got in!Artsy Candy CaneJoined 2024!
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2024 @80.75 »

@Melooon picking a direction sounds interesting, i guess ill try that?
im super not used to like webdesign and stuff and anxiety and stuff
i guess ill try some different layout in a sub page at some point tho
also the thing about using different designs is something i never really thought about!!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2024 @119.88 by Melooon » Logged

new to oldnet be nice

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Best way to have a 2 column site?

Started by ObspogonBoard ☔︎ ∙ I need Help!

Replies: 3
Views: 2301
Last post February 13, 2023 @208.53
by fLaMEd
How do you prefer to keep your site organized (or not)

Started by NightdriftBoard ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 30
Views: 8404
Last post August 02, 2024 @153.99
by candycanearter07
POLL: How many personal sites have you built?

Started by xandraBoard ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 33
Views: 5869
Last post August 14, 2024 @142.36
by WK_0

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi