Home Events! Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
September 21, 2024 - @279.03 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Stars Posts: 38/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ha: :pc: Hello Melonland! :pc: :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ☞ ∙ Life on the Web
| | |-+  Have you ever edited Wikipedia? Why or why not?

« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Have you ever edited Wikipedia? Why or why not?  (Read 432 times)
sokil
Jr. Member ⚓︎

listen, there's music in the air

⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: sokil
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2024 @740.13 »

I used to vandalize Wikipedia. I'm probably part of the reason you have to be vetted to do it anymore lol. :p
Nothing malicious, just goofy stuff in random articles when I was bored. My edits would stay up for days at a time, which was awesome. I'd send the links to my brother and we'd have a rioutous laugh hahaha

i actually used to be a prankster on wikipedia as well xD i'd edit pages of certain musicians or bands just to make a friend of mine laugh. it was pretty fun, i can't lie! most were reverted within minutes but there was occasionally one that'd slip through the cracks and stay up for a few days.

nowadays, i actually do occasionally edit wikipedia pages to correct or update smaller things; i tend to help out with pages surrounding my hometown since there isn't a whole lot of information on them, or things are severely out of date. i'd love to be able to sit down and help add much more info to pages someday so that there's a more "complete" feel to it. it'd really be the perfect project for me. i love to share information and teach others, and wikipedia provides a simple and accessible outlet for doing so :) eventually, once my writing skills have improved enough, i'd like to be able to help translate stuff for pages and build upon them if they're severely lacking information.

a drowsy line of wasted time bathes my open mind

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

what game do u want to play but havent yet?

Started by 2010Board ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 72
Views: 8203
Last post September 15, 2024 @201.20
by CHROMAELEON
Wikipedia appreciation thread!

Started by MelooonBoard ☞ ∙ Life on the Web

Replies: 8
Views: 1958
Last post December 12, 2023 @677.03
by myleszey
Why do you watch YouTube?

Started by MelooonBoard ⛺︎ ∙ Cinema

Replies: 60
Views: 8405
Last post September 07, 2024 @193.80
by halcybutton

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi