Home Events! Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
October 25, 2024 - @602.66 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Stars Posts: 25/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :4u: Love is not possession  :4u:
Halloween Topics! Gfx + Costumes, Decor + Crafts, Prep, Horror Movies, Spooky Songs! ~ E-Zine #2 is out now!

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ☺︎ ∙ General Interests
| | |-+  Coffee Enjoyers??

« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Coffee Enjoyers??  (Read 1743 times)
PurpleHello98
Full Member ⚓︎

'Cause I'm your girl, hold me baby <3

⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: purplehello98

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2024 @639.57 »

I've only had coffee a few times, and I have an... interesting relationship with it. Firstly, I can only handle if it doesn't have much caffeine in it. Once in high school, I had maybe a quarter of a can of Starbucks espresso and was so jittery in class that my teacher had to stop and ask if I needed to take a lap. I took two.

I also mainly like it if the "coffee taste", if that makes sense, is pretty low-key---the only coffee I've ever had (out of three or four times) that I've liked was when I had a college visit when a local café was giving out free iced coffee that was mostly milk/creamer/whatever. It was really good, though!

Besides that, I'm mostly a black tea person, and only occasionally at that. And yet somehow I ended up with three packages of fancy Starbucks coffee grounds in my pantry through winning a contest... I really need to find somebody to foist those off on.

"...And we are not angels, to be comforted by seeing the means for which everything is sent."
-Elizabeth Gaskell, Wives and Daughters

prismatic
Casual Poster

mist ball⭐

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile

Joined 2024!
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2024 @184.56 »

i don't drink coffee. i get up in the mornings out of sheer force of will and that's been working out so far as long as i've been alive. plus.. i always found found coffee rather complicated? how much creamer or sugar or milk is appropriate? how dark should i have my coffee? it's all a matter of preference but i struggle to trial and error everything so.. i'm better off without it, lmao.

glitterpigeon
Full Member ⚓︎

And there's a blue like where the urban angels go

⛺︎ My Room
iMood: glitterpigeon

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2024 @290.19 »

i love coffee but i'm not picky. sure, i like a good fancy coffee made in the proper way but I am a simple man and I love the mundane, accessible, and common. there's so much beauty in that, to me. so I drink a lot of that powdered stuff you put in water. I do tend to prefer less/no sugar, cause I find bitter tastes more interesting than sweet ones, though on the other side, sometimes you just want a fun sugary drink! both is good! I don't know anything about what makes coffee good, I just think it all tastes nice and is a warm drink, I don't need much else. only problem is a solid 75% of the time caffeine does almost nothing to me and 25% of the time it makes me really anxious so its a sort of weird game i have to play every time I drink it.

pigeons will save the world!!!
(pigeon gif by
candycanearter07)
candycanearter07
Full Member ⚓︎

i like slimes

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: candycanearter
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Suck At Something September - Did It!uh oh! a pigeon got in!Artsy Candy CaneJoined 2024!
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2024 @825.35 »

Ehm... this is my traumatic experience with coffee: As a 14-year-old at a school happeing I had the misfortune to stand next to a coffee machine for a couple of hours consistently. Because I was selling cakes and coffee at some school happening. Geez, the consistent smell of coffee made me so dizzy, it was like losing the feet on the ground, so I had to go outside for 10 minutes to take a deep breath. Never in my life, I came closer to passing out, I tell you. After that day, I decided that coffee and coffee machines shouldn't be part of my life and I should rather try get going like a half-asleep tortoise in the morning.

So unfortuneatly, I can only join your coffee table with a cup of harmless green or red tea.

Oh no, that sounds terrible.. I'm glad you survived that!

I'm not a big fan of coffee, to start my day I just wake up full of motivation.

(I wish it was always this way but alas I have to settle with being motivated once a blue moon)

But on the flip side when I do drink coffee, I drink regular coffee with loads of sugar and creamer, or I sip on MRE Irish cream cappuccino :chef:

Words cannot describe what it feels like to sip on warm coffee on the field with all your friends.

Nobody wakes up with motivation, nobody.

As for myself, I just don't like the taste of coffee. I will sometimes have a mint tea though.

new to oldnet be nice

imnotjahan
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Digital angel

⛺︎ My Room
iMood: ImNotJahan

View Profile WWW

Possibly Jahan, Perhaps. No One Knows.Joined 2024!
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2024 @123.88 »

Mmm coffee... I know it's not everyone's jam, but personally I drink two cups daily on a fairly regular basis (totally not addicted). I actually have a poem on my site about drinking coffee (I swear I'm not addicted).

I always drink it black. In the past I would add a lot of sugar and cream, but over time I started adding less and less until it got to nothing but the pure brew. I much prefer this way--instead of sugary milk, it tastes like, well, coffee. I'm not sure why now I like that taste when before such bitterness could make me hurl, but I do. The caffeine doesn't seem to affect me much; I have steadier hands than most I know, and I can drink a cup right before bed and still slip into a peaceful slumber.

Well, peaceful on occasion. The one thing I have noticed about drinking coffee before resting is the awareness stays in sleep. A cup before bed brings the demons close, the cold fingers of paralysis wrapping around my neck as I drift off into what I would wish was a dreamless slumber, destined to be horror. After this trial, however, I tend to go into a dream for which I'm far too awake to be in. The novelty of lucid dreaming has worn off on me however; it's still a nice experience when it happens, but the mystery of it which so enraptured me when I was little has worn off.

Is that not what happens with everything? Here we live in an entire world, and yet are so thoroughly bored with it we flee to the net. Imagine how bored we must become in heaven, it being an eternity. If any one thing is human nature, it's boredom. People say it was curiosity, but could it not just be of an idle boredom, a slow evening, that Eve decided to try the apple? But I digress

Only to live, to live and live! Life, whatever it may be!
FE1NT
Casual Poster

me when i huh

⛺︎ My Room
iMood: FE1NT

View Profile WWW

Graphic DesignerJoined 2024!
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2024 @174.73 »

coffee thread coffee thread coffee thread

coffee is like half my personality. i make my own cold brew at home with a giant dispenser thing i keep in the fridge that has a mesh center, where i put in the grounds and let it steep for 18-24hrs. i almost never drink hot coffee, the only time i do is when i'm at a diner or if it's wintertime and snowing and i'm thinkin of a nice warm cozy cup of coffee!

for my beans, i'm part of a subscription service where i get sent different bags of beans to try depending on my preferences! the bags themselves are reasonably priced, especially considering they ALL come from independent coffee breweries. it also lets me develop my palate and is kind of a self-teaching experience on how to discern various notes and flavors. it's been a fun journey so far!

i take my cold brew with a pump of caramel syrup and a splash of whole, coconut, or almond milk, depending on what i have or what i'm feeling. if i go somewhere like starbucks or dunkin i'll usually have the seasonal varieties (plain starbucks coffee is burnt to hell), but when trying out a new independent shop, that's usually what i go for. it's always so fun discovering different shops and trying out new things!!
Eunice
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Behind every great woman there is a cat.

⛺︎ My Room
iMood: Serennau

View Profile WWW

The Wise OneJoined 2024!
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2024 @567.01 »

I love coffee, (but being British, of course I love tea as well). I have a Ninja Auto-IQ machine and I buy coffee beans from a shop in town, called Mecca. I have a separate grinder and a milk heater as well. Usually I make an Americano as I'm not keen on lots of milk, so I don't bother with latte or cappuccino. In hot weather I make iced coffee with a very small slug of hazelnut syrup. Thing is, syrup is sugary, while I never take sugar in coffee or tea. So I can't put much in or the coffee would be too sweet. Syrups are better for people who like to add sugar to their coffee. The Mecca is a local independent shop and the coffee beans are sold loose. They sell several kinds of fairtrade coffee, and organic. SO I can feel a bit smug about buying my beans from there and not from Starbucks.

But I'm as big a fan of tea. Lapsang souchong, Earl Grey, Lady Grey, Rooibos, Russian Caravan. I love it all!
candycanearter07
Full Member ⚓︎

i like slimes

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: candycanearter

View Profile WWW

Suck At Something September - Did It!uh oh! a pigeon got in!Artsy Candy CaneJoined 2024!
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2024 @86.92 »

@FE1NT Wow, that is very fancy! Do you have a lot of independent shops near you? How often does the subscription service send your bags? I've never really been to starbucks or drinken coffee, so how exactly can a coffee be "burnt"? Is it like the beans themself were burned or was the coffee too hot? Also, if coffee is half your personality, what's the other half?
« Last Edit: September 14, 2024 @106.56 by Melooon » Logged

new to oldnet be nice

FE1NT
Casual Poster

me when i huh

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2024 @243.17 »

@FE1NT Wow, that is very fancy! Do you have a lot of independent shops near you? How often does the subscription service send your bags? I've never really been to starbucks or drinken coffee, so how exactly can a coffee be "burnt"? Is it like the beans themself were burned or was the coffee too hot? Also, if coffee is half your personality, what's the other half?

HEHEHEH.. so! unfortunately i don't have a ton of independent shops around me. i live pretty close to a major city that i know has a ton more that i'd like to explore, so i've been wanting to get out more and do that.. plus i love exploring. :o)

the subscription service just sends the coffee bags in biodegradable packaging! they're normal bags of whole coffee beans, like you'd find at a supermarket. nothing too fancy!

coffee can taste burnt when the beans have been roasted too long, and thus are literally burnt. it's a bit difficult to describe if you've never drank coffee, but it's an easy tell once you start developing your palate and are exposed to different types of coffee!

the other half of my personality... i'll get back to you on that. 💀
alexela64
Full Member ⚓︎

when does the work end..............

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Suck At Something September - Did It!Joined 2023!
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2024 @848.01 »

Ok this one will be a doozy

Not only am I a coffee fan, but I was raised by coffee fans, and so our setups have always been a bit formidable imo.
My parents own 2 percolators, which are very good for smooth coffee and what got me into drinking black coffee in the first place.
We also own a Breville espresso maker with a steamer wand, as well as 2 electric coffee grinders. Why do we have two of everything? Because my parents sometimes like different blends of coffee :ok:
As for my own setup --
I have an electric coffee grinder, and a cheap moka pot that needs replacing. I also have a milk frother that I barely use  :innocent:

Both my parents and I use the same local bean blends and have been buying from this company for probably over 6 years now. Ocean City Coffee never dissappoints  :seal:
My personal favorites are Boardwalk Blend (my parents' favorite also), Jamaican Me Crazy (currently using), Shoobee Blend and Pirate's Blend. My parents like Nutty Italian, Crumb Cake,

When it comes to getting coffee at shops, I like shops with ILLY coffee. I dislike Lavazza. Anything else is a coin toss, honestly. I have to try it before I Know.

I want to add pictures of the tools i use but i'm in class right now and don't have time, I'll likely reply to this later with some clarification.

FE1NT
Casual Poster

me when i huh

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2024 @143.44 »

Both my parents and I use the same local bean blends and have been buying from this company for probably over 6 years now. Ocean City Coffee never dissappoints  :seal:

OCEAN CITY COFFEE MENTION??? oh my god.. an old coworker of mine goes to ocean city occasionally for his job, and he picked me up a bag of the salted caramel coffee i think?? it was absolutely to die for. i gotta make plans to drive out there later this season when it cools down and stock up on a few bags!! :dive:

i'm an absolute sucker for anything caramel, and warmer flavors in general. vanilla, hazelnut, toffee, you name it. i'm all over it.
alexela64
Full Member ⚓︎

when does the work end..............

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Suck At Something September - Did It!Joined 2023!
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2024 @792.06 »

i gotta make plans to drive out there later this season when it cools down and stock up on a few bags!! :dive:
Wow, for some odd reason I didn't think anyone else would recognize OCCC :ha: Warms my heart tho! They make really good stuff, and everytime I go there I get 2 bags of coffee, one of their chai, and one of the matcha. I love everything there! And if you've ever been in person, get the Dirty Hippie. Best dirty chai I've ever had!!

imnotjahan
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Digital angel

⛺︎ My Room
iMood: ImNotJahan

View Profile WWW

Possibly Jahan, Perhaps. No One Knows.Joined 2024!
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2024 @78.90 »

percolators
Ocean City Coffee
Oceans.... fish.... did you know that there's is a fish? Yes, there is a fish. You'd never guess. It's in the percolator. There was a fish... in the percolator

Only to live, to live and live! Life, whatever it may be!
invader_gvim
Jr. Member ⚓︎

My husband kept loving me when I became a girl.

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Sent On Earth By The Almighty TallestJoined 2024!
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2024 @267.22 »

I like coffee. I usually just use a large cup with no coffee pot or anything.

First, I boil the water.

Second, I run cold water over a coffee filter to make it wet. Then, I place the coffee filter over the top of the cup, leaving about an inch of filter hanging in the cup's opening.

Third, I put in a lot of coffee ground

Fourth, I pour the boiling water into the filter and watch the coffee be made.

I learned this trick while imprisoned at Moo-Ping 10. It works wonderfully. :ozwomp:

« Last Edit: October 03, 2024 @269.98 by invader_gvim » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (1)

Library Enjoyers!

Started by bingus_babyBoard ✑ ∙ Writing & Stationery

Replies: 21
Views: 1428
Last post October 17, 2024 @158.84
by marsworms

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi