Home Events! Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
October 18, 2024 - @395.81 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Stars Posts: 27/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :happy: Open the all windows! Your mind needs storms and air! :happy:
Halloween Topics! Gfx + Costumes, Decor + Crafts, Prep, Horror Movies, Spooky Songs! ~ E-Zine #2 is out now!

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ☞ ∙ Life on the Web
| | |-+  KOL - AOL but for kids!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: KOL - AOL but for kids!  (Read 592 times)
bingus_baby
Full Member ⚓︎

Baby of the bingus...

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« on: April 12, 2024 @960.67 »

We're back with another research thread. This time I'm digging into AOL's kids site, KOL. I've met not a single soul who remembers this besides me and my parents (who signed me up at the time). The email associated with it is long dead, as the guardian on the account lost her password and as KOL was shut down, the email had to be transferred to an adult account before the user can gain access again.

Does anyone here remember the site? All I can remember about the actual KOL site is a few games, in particular a Princess Natasha game, and another absolutely BIZARRE one that claimed to predict what card you have in your mind... and guessed correctly every time. It would show about six cards on screen. You pick one (in your mind) and the game would guess your card. And it was also 100% accurate? Really strange stuff, I imagine the game was licensed out from another company, so I hope I can find it in the Flashpoint archive some day!

If you remember KOL, make yourself known! I don't want the thing to be lost, so I'm gonna dig up as much as I can on this site.

purelyconstructive
Jr. Member ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!OG! Joined 2021!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2024 @50.54 »

cybherspace
Casual Poster ⚓︎

cruisin' the webz

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: cybherspace
iMood: cybherspace

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2024 @202.35 »

Advertisement from 2007:

:grin:

it is... SO bizarre seeing an advertisement aimed toward kids AND investors at the same time. I can't look away.
The unironic cheesy acting. The layer shirt. The gag where he's literally stuck to the screen... dare I say, this is art.

Email me @ cybherspace@protonmail.com!

PurpleHello98
Full Member ⚓︎

'Cause I'm your girl, hold me baby <3

⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: purplehello98

View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2024 @137.41 »

Advertisement from 2007:

:grin:

This is totally random, but I love the Frutiger Metro in this!

"...And we are not angels, to be comforted by seeing the means for which everything is sent."
-Elizabeth Gaskell, Wives and Daughters

bingus_baby
Full Member ⚓︎

Baby of the bingus...

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2024 @930.03 »

*dies* Okay so I'm back. I finally "finished" my script, it's missing a few things, but before I proceed any farther I wanted to share it and make sure everything so far is accurate and free of errors! History-wise. My next step is that I'm gonna track down some big names and see if they can provide more insight into the history of the site [KOL], but before I do that I have to make sure everything so far is correct. I'd hate to actually get into contact with someone and find out my facts are embarrassingly wrong or short-sighted. This is a long one, so if you take the time to read even just a bit I really appreciate it!!!

Bonus, if you read the whole thing, what info would you like to know about the site? Did I miss anything that you'd want to know about a site like this? If I'm gonna deep-dive, I want this to be the definitive, most exhaustive video on the site.

Edit: Melonland has an embedded PDF viewer?????? Nice work, MK.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Forum feature requests and Ideas

Started by MelooonBoard ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions

Replies: 287
Views: 29375
Last post October 09, 2024 @729.26
by TheFrugalGamer
xX Welcome to the Forum & Rules Xx

Replies: 0
Views: 6649
Last post November 14, 2021 @627.84
by Melooon
How to use a forum?! - A guide for those who have forgotten/never knew!

Replies: 2
Views: 4057
Last post April 22, 2023 @739.62
by Aloe

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi