Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 08 Oct 2026 - @173.31
Forum Activity: Four Stars Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: Love is not possession  :4u: Guild Events: MelonLand's Seasonal RPG Jam
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Moon Park
| |-+  ☑︎ ∙ Greetings & News
| | |-+  ❤︎ ∙ (Archive) Greetings
| | | |-+  It's been a while!


« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print Embed
Author Topic: It's been a while!  (Read 906 times)
DJoftheCoven
Jr. Member
**
View Profile


Currently listening: Stiff Little Fingers (band)
⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« on: Autumn, 14 Nov 2024 @043 » Embed

Hi, my name is DJ! I'm actually not new to this site, but I haven't been active on it in a long time, so I figured a re-introduction would be appropriate. I'm a punk who likes video games and the internet :p. In the time that I've been gone, I've mostly been doing reading on the computer wars of the early net, learning how I can help push for the right to repair and for interoperability in tech, and trying to make a difference in people's online lives (which is a major part of the offline life these days!). In January, I'm going to start working towards a degree in Information Technology--and I'm really excited!

When I was first getting interested in these subjects, Melonland Forum was a big help in pointing me towards the resources I was looking for, as well as being a pocket of brightness in what could sometimes feel like a very dark internet. I hope that the warm and thriving community that I left behind is still alive today. From the outside, it really looks like it! I'd love to be a part of it again.


:transport:

Logged

https://cherri-bomb.neocities.org/melonland/deftones-logo.gif
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWWArt


So many stars!
⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
You're a Star!Flinstone VitaminWavy Shoulder-Length Hair with BangsBug!Top HatI got robbed by Dan Q on Melonland!
« Reply #1 on: Autumn, 14 Nov 2024 @068 » Toggle Font Embed

Hi DJ, welcome back, I hope u had good adventures! And I wish you the best of luck with your new IT path, ooph Im starting to wonder if I should do something new too seeing as the games industry is not looking so swell  :tongue: Hopefully you can tie the right-to-repair work into the IT work!

Here is an e-carrot cake to celebrate ur return :unite:
https://freedomcakes.es/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/CARROT-600x400.png


(do you like e-carrot cakes?)

Logged


everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered

Artifact Swap: Have a chillpillRed Tulip100 coins<3curious fish
DJoftheCoven
Jr. Member
**
View Profile


Currently listening: Stiff Little Fingers (band)
⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #2 on: Autumn, 14 Nov 2024 @363 » Embed

Hi DJ, welcome back, I hope u had good adventures! And I wish you the best of luck with your new IT path, ooph Im starting to wonder if I should do something new too seeing as the games industry is not looking so swell  :tongue: Hopefully you can tie the right-to-repair work into the IT work!

Here is an e-carrot cake to celebrate ur return :unite:
https://freedomcakes.es/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/CARROT-600x400.png


(do you like e-carrot cakes?)

Thank you for the cake! :ozwomp: I accept with much gratitude.

Logged

https://cherri-bomb.neocities.org/melonland/deftones-logo.gif
Kalka
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWWArt


Go to the tanterwomps for they are lost in time
⛺︎ My Room
XMPP: Chat!

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Cube StoneMurbyGreat Posts PacmanGiver of Many Welcomes!Joined 2024!
« Reply #3 on: Autumn, 22 Nov 2024 @238 » Toggle Font Embed

Hello and wlecome (again) on Melonland forum !

Happy to see you again ! Right To Repair is so important, I'm baffled that some people have shifted their mind to "There's a problem ? I'll buy another one." Earth has not unlimited ressources, it's crazy to think like this...

Wishing you all the best on your path !

Logged

http://internetometer.com/image/51289.png
Pages: [1] Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Explore Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe