Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 08 Oct 2026 - @134.44
Forum Activity: Four Stars Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: Love is not possession  :4u: Guild Events: weekly zine jam 15: dreams
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Earth & Interests
| |-+  © ∙ Music
| | |-+  Help me find earbuds that suit my needs!!


« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print Embed
Author Topic: Help me find earbuds that suit my needs!!  (Read 1768 times)
BlazingCobaltX
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWW


⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: blazingcobaltx
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: Summer, 25 Jun 2025 @508 » Embed

I figured this is the best place to ask such a thing. I've exhausted all 'mainstream' sites but struggle to find what I need.

For the longest time I've been using these wired Apple earphones. Not out of brand loyalty, but because these are the only earphones that fit me comfortably. However, the wired ones tend to break within 9 months of usage, so I'm looking for an alternative that would last longer than that. Unfortunately, when looking up earphones I find that these ones are made less and less, whereas the 'push in'-earphones have won out in popularity. I can't wear those, though.

This is why I turn to you, users of Melonland, who always find the coolest tech products from around the world. Can anyone help me find other brands that sell these types of earphones? My preference is wired, but wireless is fine too at this point. I just want to experiment with other brands and hopefully find something that is sturdy. I am willing to spend maximum €100 for something that lasts me long.

Frequently asked questions
Why can't you wear those push-in earphones?
I have naturally small ears. No matter which size I use, these earphones fall out within 10 minutes of use. On top of that, they hurt a lot. These shell-like earphones are the only ones I can wear continuously.

Why don't you buy headphones instead?
I have a chronic jaw muscle inflammation and cannot wear headphones without getting a headache.

JBL sells this format, why not buy those?
The JBL design is notoriously big and incredibly uncomfortable. Unless they have an option to choose the size, I prefer to not use this brand.
[close]

« Last Edit: Summer, 25 Jun 2025 @511 by BlazingCobaltX » Logged

https://blazingcobaltx.neocities.org/images/arceus.png
ThunderPerfectWitchcraft
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWWArt


Here be dragons
⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!I got robbed by Dan Q on Melonland!Great Posts PacmanThanks for being rad!First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: Summer, 17 Jul 2025 @764 » Embed

I've posted my reply at the wrong place - it might be a bit late now, but maybe it still helps?

It might be that what you need is not offered by the market (this happens: I have a hell of a time finding vegan sandals in my size for a few years now, basically only one model is available now).
Might it be an idea to modify earbuds so they fit your need? There are a few tutorials available online. Be careful with your ears, though.


Logged

BlazingCobaltX
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWW


⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: blazingcobaltx
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #2 on: Summer, 30 Jul 2025 @486 » Embed

I've posted my reply at the wrong place - it might be a bit late now, but maybe it still helps?

Somehow I'm only seeing this reply now. I might go into that as a last-choice option, but I did actually find a bunch of options after using various combinations of words in Google.

The search query I needed was "flat head earphones". From what I've saw, these are being made less simply because they are qualitatively worse than in-ears, but there are several companies that still make these and they are usually cheaper than premium in-ears. Notably, Fiio has some premium models. The other day I ordered the FF1 earplugs... Only to find out a moment later that berillyium is a carcinogenic. :drat: Maybe I'll return this and get a model that doesn't have that.

Another thing I found in my search are open earbuds, made in particular for people practicing outdoor sports. Brands like Bose and Beyerdynamic have models of these. While not my preference, they seem to be working well.

Logged

https://blazingcobaltx.neocities.org/images/arceus.png
Pages: [1] Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Explore Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe