Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 04 Oct 2026 - @617.41
Forum Activity: Four Stars ~ Boop! The forum will close in 383.beats! Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: :ha: :pc: Hello Melonland! :pc: :happy: Guild Events: 14: animals
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Earth & Interests
| |-+  ⚚ ∙ Life on Earth!
| | |-+  the UN-GRAMMABLE HANG ZONE (third places/gentrification/interior design)


« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print Embed
Author Topic: the UN-GRAMMABLE HANG ZONE (third places/gentrification/interior design)  (Read 1395 times)
mychemicalvyvanse
Newbie ⚓︎
*
View Profile WWW


28, they/them, has the 'me sleep again' glitch
⛺︎ My Room

Guild Memberships:
« on: Spring, 23 Mar 2025 @153 » Toggle Font Embed

i've been updating my links page on my neocities and have been linking to some Stuff I Read That I Liked. one of which being blackbird spyplane's manifesto to the 'un-grammable hang space'!

Quote
Too many places are STERILE and TORCHED — let’s make them COOL and FUNKY[/color]

where are the un-grammable hang spaces where you live? (be cautious w/ identifying details plz!)  :chef:


mine are, in no particular order:
  • a coffee shop with a corny pun name that has a well-loved bulletin board AND a wildly out of tune piano in the back. sometimes i hide my zines in their magazine rack and so far no one has stopped me
  • a 24-hour donut shop. they also sell fried chicken and used to do generic western-style chinese food, but the latter is no longer. RIP where am i supposed to get my 3 am chow mein  :tnt:
  • we used to have this thrift store that was so crowded you probably physically couldn't 'gram it if you wanted to. the owner was an older hippie lady who just wafted patchouli at you and loved to showcase all the upcycled fashion she designed when she was Partaking in the Devil's Cabbage.

     highlight that stands out to me was a t-shirt with two big appliques on the front shaped like fried eggs... which were flaps you could lift up and stick an Appendage out if u were feeding an infant. presumably the baby would then be wearing the fabric eggs as a hat? she was so proud of that invention and it's definitely stayed with me a decade after the store closed

Logged
grubbyfox
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile


⛺︎ My Room
XMPP: Chat!
iMood: grubbyfox

Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Joined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: Spring, 25 Mar 2025 @836 » Embed

by un-grammable, do you mean like, not visually cool and "would look nice on instagram"? xD i spent way too long wondering if you meant something with grammar lol

I dont really have any good third spaces anymore.
partially cause everything costs money, there aren't that many "third spaces" left in my town, and i dont even have anyone to hang there with anymore lol.

But I sometimes like to hang out/walk around this big "everything store" (kinda like a walmart/target sort of) chain store with my dad and sister. we just browse around, maybe shop like some shower gels or something inexpensive like that, or cleaning supplies and snacks. Sometimes we just hang out in my dads car afterwards, talking, listening to music and stuff.

Other times I like to go to this beach area near where I live, but I usually go alone.

Logged
Skyweaver
Full Member ⚓︎
***
View Profile WWW


⛺︎ My Room

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Joined 2025!
« Reply #2 on: Spring, 31 May 2026 @063 » Embed

There is exactly 1 (one) place that I know that is "un-grammable" and that is my local antique mall. an entire 1/3rd of a walmart worth's of antiques and other collectable items!! the first time I ever went there, my head literally felt like it was spinning.

I've been wanting to see if there are any cool and "un-grammable" record stores so I can add to my tiny cd collection but I have yet to visit any of them...

Logged

Aero and Skeuo Graphic Designer
Skyweaver's website!!

https://skyweaver.nekoweb.org/storage/jamie.png
https://skyweaver.nekoweb.org/storage/faa-forum.png
https://skyweaver.nekoweb.org/storage/miku.png
https://skyweaver.nekoweb.org/storage/scp.png
https://skyweaver.nekoweb.org/storage/aimp.png
Xx halfempty xX
Casual Poster ⚓︎
*
View Profile WWW


⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
First 1000 Members!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #3 on: Summer, 04 Jun 2026 @567 » Toggle Font Embed

The sari-sari(convenience store) next to my house, its been up since 2003 i guess, and its owned by two lovely gay men who make the best lugaw in the area (its called congee internationally and its most basic form is rice, hot water and salt though it can get more complex), i always get my ice from hat store.

Logged


One kiss from you....

Artifact Swap: I met Dan Q on Melonland!
Pages: [1] Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Explore Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe