Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 02 Oct 2026 - @790.89
Forum Activity: Four Stars Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: It's only life! :dog: Guild Events: 14: animals
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Communities & Online Life
| |-+  ☮︎ ∙ Jams, Communities & Webrings
| | |-+  unspoken etiquette


« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print Embed
Author Topic: unspoken etiquette  (Read 1254 times)
dietcokeorchoke
Casual Poster ⚓︎
*
View Profile WWWArt


⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!

Artifacts:
Joined 2025!
« on: Spring, 23 Apr 2025 @758 » Embed

 :skull: is there anything I should know about webrings? I'm working on a personal website (stuff i like, things i know etc) and I want to have a section on webrings I think ppl should check out. Do I need permission to link to them from my site? is that an unspoken rule? are there ANY unspoken rules?

Logged

https://orig00.deviantart.net/b209/f/2010/178/f/d/stamp____vocaloid_by_u_sagi.gifhttps://klonpa.neocities.org/sectD/stamps/funny/DELETE%20SYSTEM%2032%20by%20TheArtOfNotLikingYou.gifhttps://klonpa.neocities.org/sectD/stamps/funny/kazoo%20kid%20stamp%20by%20gunsweat.gifhttps://orig07.deviantart.net/d3de/f/2013/040/9/e/puke_rainbows_stamp_by_cake4444-d5ubnrd.gifhttps://64.media.tumblr.com/859deaf7a2f186c2e246e3e72a0597f5/tumblr_oto1nbXE9U1w7g328o4_100.gif
crazyroostereye
Full Member ⚓︎
***
View Profile WWW


I am most defiantly a Human
⛺︎ My Room
iMood: Crazyroostereye
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Joined 2024!
« Reply #1 on: Spring, 23 Apr 2025 @943 » Embed

I would say as a good rule of thumb is to look what the Webring is about and what their membership rules are. And base how and if you should link / add their Webring Badge to your Website. Usually I would only add the Webring Badge when I am a member or in the process of becoming a member. But I dont see any harm in adding the badge of a Webring you like and aren't a member.

Logged

https://crazyroostereye.de/stuff/Crazy31.gifhttps://ayoreis.com/static/Arch.pnghttps://crazyroostereye.de/stuff/Zen31.png
Memory
Guest

« Reply #2 on: Spring, 24 Apr 2025 @163 » Embed

the only unspoken etiquette is to be SWAG and have fun :D. there's nothing wrong with hyperlinking to webrings you're not in, but you may be better off joining the webrings (if possible). you'd be able to get more eyeballs on your site while also being able to use the webrings' proper widgets.

Logged
fawn
Jr. Member ⚓︎
**
View Profile WWW


⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: anonbug
iMood: anonbug
PicMix: anonbug

Artifacts:
a fawn for a fawn! ????Joined 2025!
« Reply #3 on: Spring, 24 Apr 2025 @440 » Toggle Font Embed

Like crazyroostereye and splashy have said, I would recommend joining the rings where possible, and then once you have done so it's great to click through the sites on the list and maybe leave some nice guestbook comments or follow the sites within the ring that pique your interest! I'm not making my site for numbers or exposure, but it can get a little lonely and I've found webrings are a great solution to that. As the others said, just follow any rules the ring may have listed and be respectful of members :) there's not much too it other than join and explore!

Logged

"something beautiful is going to happen"
Oceansandy02
Jr. Member ⚓︎
**
View Profile WWW


Ocean (any pronouns + neos)
⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: oceansandy02
iMood: oceansandy02

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Joined 2024!
« Reply #4 on: Spring, 26 Apr 2025 @982 » Toggle Font Embed

I think the only rules are to follow the rules in the Webring, and warn in the front page of your website if it's 18+.

Logged

  https://i.imgur.com/FoJSh5v.gif
dietcokeorchoke
Casual Poster ⚓︎
*
View Profile WWWArt


⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!

Artifacts:
Joined 2025!
« Reply #5 on: Spring, 27 Apr 2025 @309 » Embed

Thank you all! I somehow keep getting it in my head that a webring is a ring of specific people who link to each other, vs a dedicated website that has multiple links on it under the topic.  :drat: I don't know why!

Logged

https://orig00.deviantart.net/b209/f/2010/178/f/d/stamp____vocaloid_by_u_sagi.gifhttps://klonpa.neocities.org/sectD/stamps/funny/DELETE%20SYSTEM%2032%20by%20TheArtOfNotLikingYou.gifhttps://klonpa.neocities.org/sectD/stamps/funny/kazoo%20kid%20stamp%20by%20gunsweat.gifhttps://orig07.deviantart.net/d3de/f/2013/040/9/e/puke_rainbows_stamp_by_cake4444-d5ubnrd.gifhttps://64.media.tumblr.com/859deaf7a2f186c2e246e3e72a0597f5/tumblr_oto1nbXE9U1w7g328o4_100.gif
Pages: [1] Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Explore Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe