Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 04 Oct 2026 - @201.30
Forum Activity: Four Stars ~ Boop! The forum will close in 799.beats! Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: :sleep: These are fast times on the World Wide Web~ Guild Events: 14: animals
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Computer Land
| |-+  ⛽︎ ∙ Technology
| | |-+  What's some technology of the past that you wish you had?


« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print Embed
Author Topic: What's some technology of the past that you wish you had?  (Read 1809 times)
lakes
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWW


⛺︎ My Room
XMPP: Chat!
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Joined 2025!
« Reply #15 on: Autumn, 11 Sep 2026 @019 » Embed

  • A CRT monitor. The only way I can see myself using a dual monitor set up instead of just using "multiple workspaces/virtual desktops" on one monitor is if I had a CRT for old shows/movies and a HD monitor for everything else. My computer case even has a separate port for a VGA monitor, so this is entirely possible.
  • I too miss iDog like someone else here.
  • I also wish I had a CRT TV just for VHS & my broadcast TV antenna, and that broadcast TV didn't switch to "digital streams" over analog. They only play reruns of older shows and the news. I think it'd be fitting to watch Columbo or Looney Tunes or what have you on a CRT. Plus the digital streams are obviously an excuse to make broadcast TV "DRM" WHICH SUCKS BIG TIME!!! They didn't care when people were recording TV shows on their VHS tapes because then it was an excuse to sell other tech. Meanwhile if someone rips media off their TV digitally, it's seen as a "big deal" for obvious reasons. But of course, they say the digital broadcast TV is for "better quality" and maybe sometimes yeah. But when it has a poor signal, it's so pixelated and quite frankly, a lot of people are nostalgic for the grainy TV look, myself included.

Logged

https://i.ibb.co/gbj9yhcZ/userbar-1.pnghttps://i.ibb.co/C3KKzjyx/Computeruser.png
https://i.ibb.co/zhKYtXts/Librebar-X.pnghttps://i.ibb.co/b5mC7H6H/DVDUser.png
https://i.ibb.co/GfCkM0g1/soulseekuserbar.pnghttps://i.ibb.co/0jRYyw7R/Trash-User.png
https://i.ibb.co/gLNfFjqc/098.pnghttps://i.ibb.co/QjqVW8xT/xfceuserbar.png
azalea
Jr. Member
**
View Profile


seed flare⭐
⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
Joined 2024!
« Reply #16 on: Autumn, 15 Sep 2026 @456 » Embed

while i realise that smartphones have made them obsolete, there were more than a few moments in the past where i wish i could've gotten my hands on the latest ipod touch generation. not because i was into the apple ecosystem at the time or even had an iphone, but because i thought it was really cool to have a music player that can also double as a phone if i really care for it to (but primarily a music player). it would've felt like a whole new world would open up to me by having a iphone-that's-not-really-an-iphone for some reason.

Logged
beebz
Jr. Member ⚓︎
**
View ProfileArt


Profic Plural
⛺︎ My Room

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Trans Thigh HighsxDXD SquishStriped Thigh-High Socksstriped long sleevelil custard
« Reply #17 on: Autumn, 15 Sep 2026 @797 » Toggle Font Embed

Having a beeper or a PDA. And now a song I just remembered came up out of the blue upon remembering that Enjoy some peak 2008 everyone...



this was the kind of music I listened to when I wanted to lock in on drawing. Listened to a lot of Skrillex and EDM

Logged
Pip
Jr. Member ⚓︎
**
View Profile WWW


Phlogs > Blogs
⛺︎ My Room

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
TrumpetJoined 2026!
« Reply #18 on: Autumn, 15 Sep 2026 @929 » Embed

while i realise that smartphones have made them obsolete, there were more than a few moments in the past where i wish i could've gotten my hands on the latest ipod touch generation. not because i was into the apple ecosystem at the time or even had an iphone, but because i thought it was really cool to have a music player that can also double as a phone if i really care for it to (but primarily a music player). it would've felt like a whole new world would open up to me by having a iphone-that's-not-really-an-iphone for some reason.

Well, I had a fourth generation one when it came out, and while I could use strange secondary apps that generated a working phone number, I couldn't really rely on it fully, either. VoIP has some limitations built into it sadly. Still, was a bit of a lifeline for teenage me :tongue:

I miss the form factor of the 4th gen ipod nanos. The UI was so pretty. My old one is collecting dust somewhere back in my family home, should try to retrieve it sometime.  :ha:

Logged

Live, Laugh, Shart
Trench_Man
Casual Poster
*
View ProfileArt


⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
Joined 2025!
« Reply #19 on: Autumn, 27 Sep 2026 @481 » Embed

For Gaming: Sega Dreamcast, Nintendo Gamecube, OG Sony Playstation, Electro-Mechanical Pinball Machine

For Audio: Phonograph with usable records (Yes I am aware how old I'm talking), Sony Discman, 2000s Boombox (Any model or brand so long as it's good I'm not too picky)

For TV: A Sony PVM series CRT

For Computing: Apple iMac, Commodore Amiga, ZX Spectrum

I'd list more but that'd take forever so this is my shortlist of tech I fantasize about owning

Logged

Diamonds for the Diamond God, Gold for the Gold Throne
candycanearter07
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWWArt


i like slimes
⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: candycanearter
Itch.io: My Games
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!it's tbhchansey!Goomy, I Choose You!uh oh! a pigeon got in!Artsy Candy Cane
« Reply #20 on: Autumn, 03 Oct 2026 @089 » Toggle Font Embed

A Nintendo DS! I've been meaning to get one for a while, but I want to have enough spare money saved up for it. I mainly want one so I can pull it out in public whenever I want and casually play Animal Crossing: Wild World or Pokemon. Just a better alternative to boring and repetitive mobile games.

it hurts my soul that the DS is now considered vintage... i HAD one of those!!!

Logged

new to oldnet be nice
https://status.cafe/users/candycanearter/badge.png https://abslimeware.neocities.org/assets/images/blinkers/penguins.gif

https://abslimeware.neocities.org/assets/images/blinkers/slimebounce.gif https://card.exophase.com/2/0/268504.png?1727352149

https://i.imgur.com/S1cx8ZZ.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/7ntZZGM.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/xKIpW2A.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/YMPbu9R.png

Artifact Swap: buzzystickerSootBlob Creature
fauxhumanoid
Casual Poster ⚓︎
*
View Profile WWWArt


⛺︎ My Room
Newgrounds: FauxHumanoid

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Joined 2026!
« Reply #21 on: Autumn, 03 Oct 2026 @352 » Embed

my damned parents who sold our wii when i was a kid... i never got to play mario kart all i could do was watch. DAMNED PARENTS.

wiis aren't really that hard to get, but my childhood psp is something i'm never recovering. there's no way it wasn't sold once my sister took over the house i left it in. now they go for like 300 bucks, it's ridiculous. at least i managed to snag a 3ds before the prices on them exploded.

Logged

that's what i think, anyway...

https://file.garden/ZZO2vbOs0CiXN-Ec/mygraphics/rei_2.gif https://file.garden/ZZO2vbOs0CiXN-Ec/mygraphics/track44.gif https://file.garden/ZZO2vbOs0CiXN-Ec/mygraphics/rei_1.gif
https://file.garden/arz2vpVMM48lXsbd/graphics/tinybuttons/FreeButtons.pnghttps://file.garden/arz2vpVMM48lXsbd/graphics/tinybuttons/Trans-Guy.pnghttps://file.garden/arz2vpVMM48lXsbd/graphics/tinybuttons/Otherkin-rainbow.png

Artifact Swap: gemini
fauxhumanoid
Casual Poster ⚓︎
*
View Profile WWWArt


⛺︎ My Room
Newgrounds: FauxHumanoid

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Joined 2026!
« Reply #22 on: Autumn, 03 Oct 2026 @354 » Embed

oh god how could i not respond with dreamcast FUUUUCK I'M SO STUPID. such a good library of games, i literally own a copy of jet set radio on dreamcast without owning the console. i get why they're expensive, considering how little of them were sold, but i wish i had one sooo bad.

Logged

that's what i think, anyway...

https://file.garden/ZZO2vbOs0CiXN-Ec/mygraphics/rei_2.gif https://file.garden/ZZO2vbOs0CiXN-Ec/mygraphics/track44.gif https://file.garden/ZZO2vbOs0CiXN-Ec/mygraphics/rei_1.gif
https://file.garden/arz2vpVMM48lXsbd/graphics/tinybuttons/FreeButtons.pnghttps://file.garden/arz2vpVMM48lXsbd/graphics/tinybuttons/Trans-Guy.pnghttps://file.garden/arz2vpVMM48lXsbd/graphics/tinybuttons/Otherkin-rainbow.png

Artifact Swap: gemini
Skyweaver
Full Member ⚓︎
***
View Profile WWW


⛺︎ My Room

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Joined 2025!
« Reply #23 on: Autumn, 03 Oct 2026 @695 » Embed

I would LOVE to have a chunky sound system. Maybe even have a collection of 'em...




Logged

Aero and Skeuo Graphic Designer
Skyweaver's website!!

https://skyweaver.nekoweb.org/storage/jamie.png
https://skyweaver.nekoweb.org/storage/faa-forum.png
https://skyweaver.nekoweb.org/storage/miku.png
https://skyweaver.nekoweb.org/storage/scp.png
https://skyweaver.nekoweb.org/storage/aimp.png
Pages: 1 [2] Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Explore Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe