Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 08 Oct 2026 - @26.49
Forum Activity: Three Stars Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: :happy: Open the all windows! Your mind needs storms and air! :happy: Guild Events: MelonLand's Seasonal RPG Jam
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Da Web Revival
| |-+  ✁ ∙ Web Crafting
| | |-+  WebTown


« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print Embed
Author Topic: WebTown  (Read 1779 times)
stoutsytail
Casual Poster ⚓︎
*
View Profile WWW


Waffles or pancakes?
⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
iMood: stoutsytail
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Joined 2025!
« on: Autumn, 08 Sep 2025 @965 » Toggle Font Embed

So, I got inspired off of MelonKing's Melon Town, and decided to try and make a prototype for a webtown just for my friends! :-D!

I wanna know what the best way to do this would be, like how should I organize it, and how I would go about making one, like should it be a table? Or rather should it be a list? Should it get its own website? Or should it be a page on my website?

So many questions, as this is also the first time for me making a web-ring esque webpage. So if anyone has tried this, what would you recommend?

I have only so far as made a mockup on neocities, using MelonKings as a base, but I wanna know what would be better!

Logged

Your local waffle and plushie lover here to help!

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEg-Xee0lsZNg9gcyscrPBvDuEUi5m8nhd2cS7fKDdRC9qabKWxBmuWCWq3edL4eQaa4JsqV63Qcm1ya2uJC6GN33lM_h_uwBoOqnIVD3kDGedExKYNLXmS-gnn81SfCqzyB0Kk8EUxxfEqlQtdZFyWvthEfiSWnWSe556sFr5zx7WnqFedewJrUgybwUwWT/s30/happy-0019.gifIhttps://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/a/AVvXsEjG67-RzYgYAoawAx6ZmgxH4SX3KgeHJZhGjKrO2YngJ5qRyt_RiYa--iLfWKAQfuLpz53rKng9n5rAWE_7-io2jP4aRXozLdZOHev_cUuqrH7DhWpJE9B-dduY_pJnVPAL3f8tIUEvpEk3MHoQ7KKinossW4LVT96DBJzQkMFXS3qQktQMGxy7pRXu_yT3https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/a/AVvXsEjHfTo43ZdR6rSWTNnTX-xs-JS5FaYikGQ5NYcJTJL96xjyaFCNDM8DYqXWB3uUoDW3qxdoF_LblZ2_9DrdCgofIE0cbOuvpVdysldj0c3hXtRG8LKDMJnSzvhbmgtfKdGp1RCpySphjucEizL78DTC1iWAuwlGusfFMg56yeVNX7MrxHYmbemequTzeR_X
gorciu
Newbie ⚓︎
*
View Profile WWW


gorciu
⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: gorciu
iMood: gorciu

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Joined 2025!
« Reply #1 on: Autumn, 10 Sep 2025 @820 » Toggle Font Embed

Quote
like should it be a table? Or rather should it be a list?
I'd prefer the visual form. Something like this looks so boring:

Should it get its own website? Or should it be a page on my website?
I like websites that are endless, so I'd recommend you the second option. Also, I don't think this really requires a dedicated subdomain.

Quote
I have only so far as made a mockup on neocities, using MelonKings as a base, but I wanna know what would be better
You're using a brown table on a wood background. This doesn't appeal to me. You don't say what that blue color means. And, I want to note that too many places are empty, maybe make some roads...

Logged

rewriting website

http://internetometer.com/image/51091.png

Artifact Swap: Peace Moon
Furbisms
Full Member ⚓︎
***
View Profile WWWArt


What's up party people?
⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: furbisms
iMood: Furbisms
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Cherry Blossom PetalsPlush ToyビートルさんFairy CreatureDiamondcall me beep me
« Reply #2 on: Autumn, 11 Sep 2025 @118 » Toggle Font Embed

This is really cute, I'd like to make my own one of these at some point too because it's such a good idea!

I'm assuming more of the various areas will be fleshed out as time goes on as well, which would be nice to see. It will be interesting to see it grow.

I actually don't mind how it's styled currently, I think that's a manner of personal choice. It looks fine to me.

Logged

https://dragcave.net/image/dq1uq.gifhttps://i.imgur.com/ni1ijVU.gifhttps://finaloutpost.net/s/piEqa.png

Artifact Swap: Phone FerretPhone OctopusPhone CardFrying Pan
Pages: [1] Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Explore Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe